What tour would you go back to see if you had a time machine?

YYZumbi

133 members have voted

1. 1. What tour would you go and see?

• Rush Tour
    • Fly By Night Tour
    • Down The Tubes Tour (Caress Of Steel)
    • 2112 Tour
    • All The World's A Stage Tour
    • Drive 'Til You Die Tour (A Farewell To Kings)
    • Hemispheres Tour
    • Permanent Waves Tour
    • Moving Pictures Tour
    • Exit Stage...Left Tour
    • Tour Of The Nadars (Signals)
    • Grace Under Pressure Tour
    • Second Tour Of The Nadars (Power Windows)
    • Hold Your Fire Tour
    • Presto Tour
    • Roll The Bones Tour
    • Counterparts Tour
    • Test For Echo Tour
    • Vapor Trails Tour
    • 30th Anniversary Tour
    • Snakes & Arrows Tour
    • Time Machine Tour
    • Clockwork Angels Tour

I chose Snakes & Arrows not because it was all that amazing of a tour - although it WAS a good show...

I chose this tour because i saw this show at 5 different venues in Canada & the States and met some of the most amazing people that are still friends in my life.

Met all 3 admins of this forum... :blush:

and had the best time ever creating these friendships and meeting people - members of this board from all over the world. i would LOVE to do it all over again...

Pagscon , Party at the Exxon! Cincicon, Ladicon, London Ontario, Toronto...

I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.

:coy:

I also saw 5 shows on that tour but how did you meet so many TRFers? I tried but hardly met anyone from here. I even carried the rushtour fan banner from Regina to Edmonton to Vancouver! You people are hard to find! Lol

Double post Edited by MMCXII

I chose Vapor Trails because it would be so emotional for them to be back together and I would also wish to be at the Rio concert, that was some crazy crowd. :yay: I would choose Grace Under Pressure for my second choice since I love those songs and it would be fun to relive the 80's :wub:
  • Like 1

I went with R30 at Radio City Music Hall...

...that was the best sounding Rush show I've seen.

They were just fantastic.

Just give this a listen...

(Lorraine would have to time travel back to NYC with us, of course)

• Like 3

Nice! I missed the R30 tour and I would have loved to have seen it. They sound great.

• Like 1

I voted for Moving Pictures tour. That would've been a sight to see.

Second choice is Test For Echo Tour.

1. Moving Pictures Tour

Great set from the brand new masterpiece Moving Pictures, then just about every good track they released in the 70's plus Permanent Waves, except for In The Mood, which continued to rear its ugly head for years to come. I can't seem to find any good bootlegs, and the only official release of this time doesn't even sound like a live album to me.

2. Test For Echo Tour

First Evening with Rush show, with all of 2112, great and underrated cuts from Test For Echo, and all the great stuff in between - Natural Science! - as well as some of the good stuff from the synth era, and of course some stuff from Counterparts was played.

3. Hemispheres Tour

The set has every good song from the 70's in it. I can't think of a single song from the 70's that I love dearly that was ignored on this tour (ITM again though...). After listening to Universe Divided bootleg, this reaffirms my desire to see this tour.

4. Grace Under Pressure Tour

I f***ing love Grace Under Pressure and Signals, and that live album is fantastic. Would love to see this.

I chose Snakes & Arrows not because it was all that amazing of a tour - although it WAS a good show...

I chose this tour because i saw this show at 5 different venues in Canada & the States and met some of the most amazing people that are still friends in my life.

and had the best time ever creating these friendships and meeting people - members of this board from all over the world. i would LOVE to do it all over again...

I also saw 5 shows on that tour but how did you meet so many TRFers? I tried but hardly met anyone from here. I even carried the rushtour fan banner from Regina to Edmonton to Vancouver! You people are hard to find! Lol

1st leg of the S & A tour i saw the Rush Tour banner. it made it to The Palace of Auburn Hills. It was @ PNC in NJ also, but i never saw it.

I live in Michigan, so all of the shows i saw except for NJ were a few hours drive from me.

The board was an instrumental part of my being able to meet up with so many people. These gatherings were planned months in advance.

That would be one of the highlights of going to a Rush concert - meeting in person those I have come to know here.

Lorraine,

Just from the wording it sounds like you've never been to a Rush concert? Can that be?

ReGor, I should have known you were there! :) I only wish I had been. It is one of my favorite bootleg videos. Radio City is a more "intimate" concert setting than the Garden. It was an outstanding show.

That would be one of the highlights of going to a Rush concert - meeting in person those I have come to know here.

Lorraine,

Just from the wording it sounds like you've never been to a Rush concert? Can that be?

"Can it be? Yes it could." Visit my boring profile page some time and you will see for yourself.

And if they don't come to my city this next tour, I can't get to them. If I can't get to them, I may have to depart this valley of tears without ever having seen Rush live. We must not let that happen.

Lorraine,

"Can it be? Yes it could." Visit my boring profile page some time and you will see for yourself.

And if they don't come to my city this next tour, I can't get to them. If I can't get to them, I may have to depart this valley of tears without ever having seen Rush live. We must not let that happen.

Well that just cannot be. Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?

I would love to go back to see A Farewell to Kings but sadly i wasn't even a thought at that time.
  • Like 1

Lorraine,

Well that just cannot be. Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?

Are you going to arrange for them to come out here? Eastern Washington. There's no reason why they can't come here. They were here in the seventies a few times. Not sure about the eighties or nineties. We have an almost brand new Coliseum that was built about fifteen years ago that seats just about 12,500.

Washington state? How close do they get?

Sometimes they play at the Gorge. That's about 300 miles away. I wouldn't go there anyway because I hate outdoor concerts intensely.

The other "close" places would be the Portland, Oregon area (probably about the same distance), or up in British Columbia, but I would need a passport (which I do not have) for that.

Sometimes they play at the Gorge. That's about 300 miles away. I wouldn't go there anyway because I hate outdoor concerts intensely.

The other "close" places would be the Portland, Oregon area (probably about the same distance), or up in British Columbia, but I would need a passport (which I do not have) for that.

I live on the Western side. If they come to the Gorge, I'll pick you up on my way haha
  • Like 3

I live on the Western side. If they come to the Gorge, I'll pick you up on my way haha

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

No outdoor concerts for me. The last time I went to one was in 1974 at the Westbury Music Fair and there was nothing but mud, mud, mud all over the place. I turned around and went back home. Wasn't going to endure all that mud just to see CSN&Y again. Anyway, that forever cured me of them. It is for that reason (being outdoors - you know, bugs and stuff) I never went to Woodstock, and I'm not sorry I didn't. :cool:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

No outdoor concerts for me. The last time I went to one was in 1974 at the Westbury Music Fair and there was nothing but mud, mud, mud all over the place. I turned around and went back home. Wasn't going to endure all that mud just to see CSN&Y again. Anyway, that forever cured me of them. It is for that reason (being outdoors - you know, bugs and stuff) I never went to Woodstock, and I'm not sorry I didn't. :cool:

But outdoor concerts can be so beautiful!
  • Like 3

Don't make Rush another regret. Nothing in the world worse than regret.

Plus, you won't be in the mud. My personal goal is to get you a seat. Imagine seeing the concert from this view or from one of the seats below.

http://thethingswelovetoblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/dsc07971.jpg

• Like 3

Don't make Rush another regret. Nothing in the world worse than regret.

Plus, you won't be in the mud. My personal goal is to get you a seat. Imagine seeing the concert from this view or from one of the seats below.

http://thethingswelovetoblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/dsc07971.jpg

All right. if you promise there will be no mud. :laughing guy:

For some reason, the picture you posted won't load for me. But the only view I am interested in seeing is Geddy, Alex and Neil. Right up front. With absolutely no one blocking my view. So they can be sure to see me sitting there crying. Perhaps they will wonder what they did to offend me and play Xanadu twice to make up for it. :cool: :LOL:

• Like 2

Personally I like outdoor amphitheaters as long as the weather is decent. But honestly once the concert starts you'd never know if there was hail, snow or a tornado. :LOL:
  • Like 2