Happy Birthday Vapor Trails!

yyz211282

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/themes/forCPboard/vtfireball.gifhttp://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/themes/forCPboard/vtfireball.gifhttp://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/themes/forCPboard/vtfireball.gifhttp://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/themes/forCPboard/vtfireball.gifhttp://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/themes/forCPboard/vtfireball.gif
  • Like 1

High energy, great lyrics, and a roaring comeback. Yes, it has it's flaws, but I still love this album. Ghost Rider is haunting, beautiful, powerful and poignant. How it Is has an amazing juxtaposition of amazing energy and horribly depressing lyrics. I feel like you can understand everything the band was going through more clearly than on any other album.

Happy Birthday to the album that rebirthed the Band and celebrated the rebirth of Neil.

• Like 10

I'm probably one of the few who prefers the original release. Definitely in my top ten Rush albums. Bought it the day it came out. Saw the opening show in Hartford, CT.
  • Like 1

High energy, great lyrics, and a roaring comeback. Yes, it has it's flaws, but I still love this album. Ghost Rider is haunting, beautiful, powerful and poignant. How it Is has an amazing juxtaposition of amazing energy and horribly depressing lyrics. I feel like you can understand everything the band was going through more clearly than on any other album.

Happy Birthday to the album that rebirthed the Band and celebrated the rebirth of Neil.

Well put. A heavy album. I prefer the original but I'm happy they put out the remix. It's a sweet miracle of an effort though not perfect. Some great bass playing on this album. Rush discovered some man-berries with this album.

• Like 4

The remixed version is soooooo much better if you ask me. I would have never enjoyed songs like Secret Touch, Nocturne, Sweet Miracle and Freeze without it. Very glad it was released cause Clockwork Angels let me down.
  • Like 1

Its a kinda funny story about this album...

This was for me, Rush WORST album, I couldent listen to it whitout getting a headache, I had to take 2-3 breaks while listening to the album.

But after they remixed it..it became one of my favorite Rush albums! I just love it so much now! :o

Happy birthday Vapor Trails! :)

• Like 1

One of my favourite Rush albums. I still prefer the original and it is top 5 album for me but I think the remix is great since it opens up the album for others. IMO, it is the most emotionally transparent effort of their career. It has some sonic difficulties but, to me, that adds to the honesty of the work. The band had just been through an extreme trauma and it is reflected in this album.

Happy Birthday, VT! :cheers: :yay: :heart:

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 2

One of my favourite Rush albums. I still prefer the original and it is top 5 album for me but I think the remaster is great since it opens up the album for others. IMO, it is the most emotionally transparent effort of their career. It has some sonic difficulties but, to me, that adds to the honesty of the work. The band had just been through an extreme trauma and it is reflected in this album.

Just so you know..the album have been remixed, not remaster, its a huge different.

• Like 1

Yeah the original still probly the bands best for me,too many unnecessary changes in remix especially secret touch although OLV vastly improved.

Whatever, the band came back at the time with their awesome best, for which we should be grateful.

• Like 1

One of my favourite Rush albums. I still prefer the original and it is top 5 album for me but I think the remaster is great since it opens up the album for others. IMO, it is the most emotionally transparent effort of their career. It has some sonic difficulties but, to me, that adds to the honesty of the work. The band had just been through an extreme trauma and it is reflected in this album.

Just so you know..the album have been remixed, not remaster, its a huge different.

Quite right. My mistake.

Corrected. Thanks. :)

It was remastered very well too (separately from the remix).

Too bad there wasn't a clapping emoticon! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: A wonderful tribute post, and you described Ghost Rider beautifully.

• Like 2

Too bad there wasn't a clapping emoticon! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: A wonderful tribute post, and you described Ghost Rider beautifully. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Altered some..... :)
  • Like 2

Too bad there wasn't a clapping emoticon! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: A wonderful tribute post, and you described Ghost Rider beautifully. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Altered some..... :)

Thank you. :LOL: I guess I missed it.

• Like 1

Where did all the VT lovers come from?? It's like when you have a birthday and everyone comes out because they don't want to seem rude.. Lol. Just kidding but I always loved this album!!

Where did all the VT lovers come from?? It's like when you have a birthday and everyone comes out because they don't want to seem rude.. Lol. Just kidding but I always loved this album!!

I am glad they came back and I am glad they recorded it but I am not really a fan if that helps any..... :LOL:
  • Like 1