You have a choice of ONE Clockwork Angels song to be played live next tour - which would it be?

Brucey

Pick a song from Clockwork Angels to be played live  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose ONE Clockwork Angels song to be played live next tour, which would it be?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities Of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

The Garden

Let the insults fly. :cool:

Maybe the other ninnies will be along shortly and vote likewise.

Who's my favorite ninny?... :LOL: :rose: It takes one to know one. The Garden or Halo Effect for me. I really think as an older person that The Garden may have a bit more impact than otherwise. Seems the reasons would be obvious..... :cheers:

Ninnies represent! ;) Yeah, I love so many songs on the album, but damn if The Garden doesn't still make my heart soar. It definitely feels like a song I appreciate more in the context of getting older. I seriously want it played at my funeral. :)

• Like 2

The Garden

Who's my favorite ninny?... :LOL: :rose: It takes one to know one. The Garden or Halo Effect for me. I really think as an older person that The Garden may have a bit more impact than otherwise. Seems the reasons would be obvious..... :cheers:

Ninnies represent! ;) Yeah, I love so many songs on the album, but damn if The Garden doesn't still make my heart soar. It definitely feels like a song I appreciate more in the context of getting older. I seriously want it played at my funeral. :)

It would be a wonderful song for such an occasion. You just need the folks attending to have a lyric sheet and the brains to figure out the what I think is a beautiful message. Lets not need it to soon however.... :D
  • Like 2

The Garden

Present and accounted for.

Also, no love for Caravan or 7 Cities of Gold? Sic transit gloria mundi...

Indeed it does, my friend. We should know! ;) We had our fifteen minutes of fame. It went by so fast!

The Garden

That and the Dies Irae. Won't be a dry eye in the place. :LOL:

The Garden

That and the Dies Irae. Won't be a dry eye in the place. :LOL:

Yep. Truth is every single time I hear The Garden I reflect on my life, legacy and how much I love and respect my children. Its always happy reflections too. Maybe that is part of the beauty of the song and its purposefully written that way. It makes me feel happy for what I have accomplished and not even sorry to be going or gone.... :)
  • Like 2

I like the title track and The Anarchist more but I voted for Headlong Flight because it was just so awesome live. It seemed the whole audience was rocking out to it and it got a great reaction both times I saw them last tour. My first show Rush was in 1996 so i've never seen a Rush crowd react to a new song like they did for Headlong Flight. When a classic rock band has a new song that gets a huge reaction at every show then that song needs to be a keeper in the setlist.

I chose The Anarchist but Headlong Flight was a close second, with Carnies not far behind.

I've got about the same w/ Headling Flight, Carnies, The Anarchist.

I like the songs where it's easier to distinguish the instruments and IMO HF does that best. After that the other two tunes incorporate each of the three's talent the most.

JMO

• Like 1

So far Headlong Flight is winning by a landslide. I'm surprised how little votes The Garden's gotten, I deliberately made it so nobody could see what eachother had voted so come on you Garden loving ninnies, don't be afraid to vote!
  • Like 1

Apart from the fact that The Anarchist and Headlong Flight are mathematically proven to be better songs ;)

I didn't choose The Garden because there won't be any strings on this tour. The song would be a bit lacking without them and I'd rather not they play the entire thing on a backing track.

inb4 an older member says they play everything on a backing track.

I didn't choose The Garden because there won't be any strings on this tour. The song would be a bit lacking without them and I'd rather not they play the entire thing on a backing track.

Ooh, good point. I'm going to miss the string section.

• Like 1

I bottled for the Anarchist but it would suck if they didn't play at least 5 songs from this album on any upcoming tours.

Top 5?

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

The Garden

BU2B

Hard to pick just one more

One song from CA? Uhh, my head spins. :crazy: :smoke:

The first one I'd choose is The Garden just for the message and the feel of it, performed live.

I can't imagine a future Rush show without 3 or 4 songs from that epic record. :codger: Remember it's a clockwork universe... so there's the title track, Headlong Flight, Carnies, The Wreckers...see where this goes?

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to hear The Garden without the strings. I don't think it would sound right.
  • Like 5

Another ninny to add to the list. Groovy! The more, the merrier!! :cool:

Don't really like that name... Ninny.... Has a tinge of offense to me...

Another ninny to add to the list. Groovy! The more, the merrier!! :cool:

Don't really like that name... Ninny.... Has a tinge of offense to me...

Don't complain to me. See Sheldon. He has dubbed anyone that likes The Garden a "ninny".

Edited by Lorraine