2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Okay... I am going to say it... I am a native St. Louisan and a life long, die hard Cardinal fan, but I am also a baseball fan and fully capable of being able to assess a situation without bias.

Given that.... my pick to win it all is Pittsburgh. They are peaking at the right time and might finally be able to shake the ghost of Sid Bream.

They will eventually choke, IMO. I actually think the Cardinals or the Dodgers will go. In the AL... Im too way up in the air on too many teams.

I like Kershaw to carry his team in the NL. In the AL, the Tigers' and the A's pitching staffs are going to be tough to beat in a series.

Okay... I am going to say it... I am a native St. Louisan and a life long, die hard Cardinal fan, but I am also a baseball fan and fully capable of being able to assess a situation without bias.

Given that.... my pick to win it all is Pittsburgh. They are peaking at the right time and might finally be able to shake the ghost of Sid Bream.

They will eventually choke, IMO. I actually think the Cardinals or the Dodgers will go. In the AL... Im too way up in the air on too many teams.

I like Kershaw to carry his team in the NL. In the AL, the Tigers' and the A's pitching staffs are going to be tough to beat in a series.

In the NL, I think it will probably be the Evil Empire (NL Edition) pulling it off. Kershaw is this generation's Greg Maddux, I'm afraid, and the history of the Natties gives me pause before I'd pick them.

In the AL, it will of course, come down to the two teams it always does, the Yankees and the Red Sox. :) Meanwhile, the A's may never even get to a series.

• Like 2

Still a chance that the A's might not even get in. :facepalm:

Right now they're up 2-0 on the Rangers...bottom of the 7th. :scared:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Still a chance that the A's might not even get in. :facepalm:

Right now they're up 2-0 on the Rangers...bottom of the 7th. :scared:

Your in! Barely though. :P

• Like 1

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The sky didn't fall after all. Sonny Gray made sure of that.

Described by A's manager Bob Melvin as ``a 24-year old who looks 14 and who pitches like he's 30,'' Gray threw a six-hit shutout to beat the Rangers 4-0 on the final day of the season Sunday, propping up a season that threatened to wind up a historic disaster.

That being the case, ``Everything that has gone before doesn't matter,'' A's center fielder Coco Crisp said. Not the 30 losses in the last 45 games leading up to Sunday. Not the threat of having to be in Seattle on Monday for a playoff game against the Mariners. Not the carping of media and fans. None of it.

The sun is shining once again for an Oakland team that went to the brink, put one foot into the abyss, then recovered to summit into sunlight.

``There were so many low moments along the way,'' closer Sean Doolittle said. ``We went to hell and back. But the upside is that we've been there and we've survived.''

Lester's pitching against the Royals.

Good for them!

I haven't revealed this yet, but although the A's are my adopted West Coast team, I've been a Royals fan since childhood, having grown up in KC.

Needless to say, I'm going to feel a bit conflicted tomorrow.

Hedging!

It'd actually be great for the Royals to advance.

• Like 1

In the NL, I think it will probably be the Evil Empire (NL Edition) pulling it off. Kershaw is this generation's Greg Maddux, I'm afraid, and the history of the Natties gives me pause before I'd pick them.

In the AL, it will of course, come down to the two teams it always does, the Yankees and the Red Sox. :) Meanwhile, the A's may never even get to a series.

I keep hearing from quite a few Dodger fans that, "Of course the Dodgers will get past the Cardinals. The Dodgers have Kershaw." It's as if they do not realize the Cardinals have this guy named Wainwright to go up against Kershaw and he's pretty good, too. It's as if they do not realize the Cardinals have a ridiculous record in one run games this year. It's as if they forget they said the same thing last year. Don't get me wrong, Kershaw is the real deal and the Dodgers are legit.... but maybe, just maybe, they should actually play the series before sending any team on to the NLCS? My only regret is the Dodgers have not brought back that pathetic "Mickey Mouse" taunt. It seems to be very motivating...

• Like 1

I keep hearing from quite a few Dodger fans that, "Of course the Dodgers will get past the Cardinals. The Dodgers have Kershaw." It's as if they do not realize the Cardinals have this guy named Wainwright to go up against Kershaw and he's pretty good, too. It's as if they do not realize the Cardinals have a ridiculous record in one run games this year. It's as if they forget they said the same thing last year. Don't get me wrong, Kershaw is the real deal and the Dodgers are legit.... but maybe, just maybe, they should actually play the series before sending any team on to the NLCS? My only regret is the Dodgers have not brought back that pathetic "Mickey Mouse" taunt. It seems to be very motivating...

Except the Cards are holding back Wainwright's start until Game 2.

That game exhausted me.

Goose, I assure you, whenever the Royals have come to play the A's at O.Co over the last seven years, I've been one of the lone spots of Blue and White in a sea of Green in my Alex Gordon Jersey. The Royals are the only team that I ever root for to beat the A's, and even then, my feelings have always been mixed, and I feel almost as badly for Oakland right now as I feel good for KC. It's a very odd feeling!

At any rate, the dam of 29 years of baseball frustration has broken for me and my life-long team. Even if they advance no further, this season exceeded everything that I could have hoped for.

I still love you A's, but the Royal in me is very happy right now. :tempted:

That game exhausted me.

Goose, I assure you, whenever the Royals have come to play the A's at O.Co over the last seven years, I've been one of the lone spots of Blue and White in a sea of Green in my Alex Gordon Jersey. The Royals are the only team that I ever root for to beat the A's, and even then, my feelings have always been mixed, and I feel almost as badly for Oakland right now as I feel good for KC. It's a very odd feeling!

At any rate, the dam of 29 years of baseball frustration has broken for me and my life-long team. Even if they advance no further, this season exceeded everything that I could have hoped for.

Congrat's to the Royals. Glad to see a final fitting end to the disastrous Oakland meltdown. Heck of a game!
  • Like 1

http://fromforbestofederal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Andrew-McCutchen-Pirates-Zoltan.jpg

LETS GO PIRATES

Hopefully we will be seeing the Z a lot tonight (pirates flash the Z when they get an extra base hit, reference from the movie "dude wheres my car")

Volquez has been lights out, but is a bit of a mental midget. Last time we faces Bumgartner we got 5 ER in 4 innings...he aint Kershaw

• Like 2

That game exhausted me.

Congrat's to the Royals. Glad to see a final fitting end to the disastrous Oakland meltdown. Heck of a game!

Great game!

You had them on the ropes late but couldn't fishish them off. :cool:

http://fromforbestofederal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Andrew-McCutchen-Pirates-Zoltan.jpg

LETS GO PIRATES

Hopefully we will be seeing the Z a lot tonight (pirates flash the Z when they get an extra base hit, reference from the movie "dude wheres my car")

Volquez has been lights out, but is a bit of a mental midget. Last time we faces Bumgartner we got 5 ER in 4 innings...he aint Kershaw

Go Pirates!!! :madra:

• Like 2

Not much Z tonight.

Good for the Giants. They seem to be a classy organization. The stadium is beautiful.

Actually, this game is inducing quite a few zzzzzz's

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Would have liked to have seen a Pirate win. Or at least a good game.

• Like 2

Not much Z tonight.

Good for the Giants. They seem to be a classy organization. The stadium is beautiful.

Actually, this game is inducing quite a few zzzzzz's

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

:clap:

Not much Z tonight.

http://tireball.com/mlb/files/2014/01/giants.jpg

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/The-412/July-2014/New-Pirates-Pitcher-Old-Pirates-Pitcher-Have-Awkward-Run-In/PNC%20Park.png

• Like 1