2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Not much Z tonight.

Good for the Giants. They seem to be a classy organization. The stadium is beautiful.

Actually, this game is inducing quite a few zzzzzz's

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Would have liked to have seen a Pirate win. Or at least a good game.

Not much Z tonight.

Good for the Giants. They seem to be a classy organization. The stadium is beautiful.

Actually, this game is inducing quite a few zzzzzz's

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Would have liked to have seen a Pirate win. Or at least a good game.

Yeah,

I as really surprised it wasn't a close game.

My team is being Royally screwed. :rage: Tom Petty said it best, "Looks like I've been fooled again. I don't like it."

Speaking of LA vs. Missouri, I heard about that Dodgers/Cardinals game. Lot of tension there! I was at work so I couldn't see it. Just saw the benches clear on my mlb.com at bat app minutes ago.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

20/20 hindsight says that you take Kershaw OUT while you still have the lead. Even the Great Kershaw has to be taken out on occasion.....
  • Like 3

20/20 hindsight says that you take Kershaw OUT while you still have the lead. Even the Great Kershaw has to be taken out on occasion.....

Oakland found that out with Lester. :yes:

Thursday-Friday were two super busy days. Looks like I missed some great baseball. Glad to see the Royals taking care of the Evil Empire.

• Like 3

Thursday-Friday were two super busy days. Looks like I missed some great baseball. Glad to see the Royals taking care of the Evil Empire.

I'm glad to see the Royals kicking butt with THREE former Brewers on the team!

Cain, Escobar, and Aoki......they're like anti-Cubs. They help your team WIN!! :laughing guy: (No offense to the A's and their recent acquisitions....)

• Like 1

I get off work last night and come home to find this out? :facepalm: I won't even watch the highlights. :madra: Why didn't they pull Kershaw out of the game when they were still ahead?

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

I get off work last night and come home to find this out? :facepalm: I won't even watch the highlights. :madra: Why didn't they pull Kershaw out of the game when they were still ahead?

Indeed.....why not? :eh:

He was up 6-2 in the 7th. He gave up four straight singles (6-3), then got a K, then another RBI single (6-4). This armchair manager would have yanked him right there.

• Like 1

Indeed.....why not? :eh:

He was up 6-2 in the 7th. He gave up four straight singles (6-3), then got a K, then another RBI single (6-4). This armchair manager would have yanked him right there.

Not the best bullpen,

But at that stage of the game it's the only option. Gotta take some chances and give Kershaw a break.

• Like 1

Man, what I wouldn't do for an unlike button now. :LOL:

If they weren't facing my team, I'd root for them because unlike a lot of Yanks and Red Sox fans, this franchise wasn't ALWAYS spoiled. Angels only passed 500 on their all time franchise record for the 1st time this season since 1961 when they started. At least true Halo fans (since 89 in my case) know what it's like to be an underdog especially with those terrible years in the early 90s.

BTW, anyone read the recent rumors that the team might move to Tustin? I can understand big OC cities like Irvine, Newport or Huntington but Tustin doesn't come to mind for me.

Edited by invisible airwave

At least true Halo fans (since 89 in my case) know what it's like to be an underdog especially with those terrible years in the early 90s.

My extended family are long-time Angels fans. My grandma used to take me to games in Anaheim (she lived not too far away). I got to see Rod Carew bat, Nolan Ryan pitch, and Reggie Jackson miss lots of fly balls ( :LOL: ). I was never a huge fan, but they lost me when they dumped the traditional logo.
  • Like 1

At least true Halo fans (since 89 in my case) know what it's like to be an underdog especially with those terrible years in the early 90s.

My extended family are long-time Angels fans. My grandma used to take me to games in Anaheim (she lived not too far away). I got to see Rod Carew bat, Nolan Ryan pitch, and Reggie Jackson miss lots of fly balls ( :LOL: ). I was never a huge fan, but they lost me when they dumped the traditional logo.

That and the name Anaheim. :facepalm: :LOL: