2014 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

The A's getting hammered by New York (1-6) in the sixth inning of an inter-league game.

Good for NY. I didn't even realize the Mets were still in the majors.

Generally speaking, as someone who watches a lot of A's games, you can tell if they're going to lose or not by the 3rd or 4th inning.

When they're destined to lose, they look frustrated and lost. When they have that 'scrappy' vibe about them, watch out. Even when they're losing. They are probably going to come from behind and beat you in the 9th.

• Like 1

This, obviously, isn't one of those 'scrappy' games.

They bounced back nicely today, with Moss and Crisp going deep, and Cespedes driving in three RBIs. 8-5 A's over Mets!
  • Like 1

A's score four in the ninth to defeat the fish, 9-4! RBIs...

Donaldson 3 (59), Lowrie (27), Crisp (28), Reddick 2 (24), Cespedes (55), Vogt (12).

Meanwhile, the A's retain the best record in baseball and a 4.5 lead on the Evil Empire (West Coast Edition). Still only one likely all-star for Oakland, while Jeter is the top vote getter for AL shortstop. :facepalm:

The Milwaukee Brewers won their 50th game to begin the second half of the season.

FIFTY WINS!! They are 50-32!! The state of Wisconsin is a happy place.....:LOL:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, the A's retain the best record in baseball and a 4.5 lead on the Evil Empire (West Coast Edition). Still only one likely all-star for Oakland, while Jeter is the top vote getter for AL shortstop. :facepalm:

There's still a good chance that Norris will get in. Wieters in in first for catchers and is out for the season, with Norris in second.

Cespedes is in fourth for outfielders and probably deserves to get in on defense alone, but time is running out. Moss deserves it too, but there are a lot of good DH's this year, so the chances are slim.

At any rate, it's good to see the A's getting some attention from the voters after two-and-a-half years of superior baseball.

• Like 1

The Milwaukee Brewers won their 50th game to begin the second half of the season.

FIFTY WINS!! They are 50-32!! The state of Wisconsin is a happy place..... :LOL:

The Brew Crew will be in Toronto this week. I have tickets for one of those games and look forward to seeing this match up. Of course, I hope my Jays can beat the Brewers!

FIFTY WINS!! They are 50-32!! The state of Wisconsin is a happy place..... :LOL:

The Brew Crew will be in Toronto this week. I have tickets for one of those games and look forward to seeing this match up. Of course, I hope my Jays can beat the Brewers!

Two day games in Toronto, I believe. Starting today, they get SIX day games out of the next seven. :sundog: Now that is a rarity....unless you're the Cubs..... :D

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

While my hapless Phillies were getting their asses kicked by the Braves this past weekend, a funny thing happened. As a publicity stunt, our announcers called the game from the last row of a small outfield section near the batters eye. Well here Freeman blasts a homer and while calling the game, our play by play guy catches it. He then, reluctantly, threw it back on the field when fellow announcer and former starting pitcher Jamie Moyer looked at him like he'd better. Im sure McCarthy got the ball later...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ImbeKZIg--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/787986133883794754.gif

Story and full clip...

http://deadspin.com/...ball-1597381472

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1

Happy Canada Day! 45000 + Blue Jay fans, myself included, enjoyed the Blue Jays 4-1 victory today over the Brewers (sorry Principled Man). Drew Hutchinson stuck out 10. It was a much needed win for the Jays, who have been struggling lately. Jose Bautista and Colby Rasmus hit HRs. Ryan Braun received many boos from the crowd. I had a great time, as did my family. Go Jays Go. :dweez:
  • Like 4

While my hapless Phillies were getting their asses kicked by the Braves this past weekend, a funny thing happened. As a publicity stunt, our announcers called the game from the last row of a small outfield section near the batters eye. Well here Freeman blasts a homer and while calling the game, our play by play guy catches it. He then, reluctantly, threw it back on the field when fellow announcer and former starting pitcher Jamie Moyer looked at him like he'd better. Im sure McCarthy got the ball later...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ImbeKZIg--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/787986133883794754.gif

Story and full clip...

On this Canada Day Id like to recognize Matt Stairs in the video above - a Canadian, a local folk hero (he hit a crucial pinch hit homer to get the Phillies past the Dodgers on the way to the 2008 Championship, hell never have to buy a beer in Philly again); he's standing next to the guy who caught the ball, he is a color commentator for the Philles now.

http://media.philly.com/images/013014-matt-stairs-600.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 2

Happy Canada Day! 45000 + Blue Jay fans, myself included, enjoyed the Blue Jays 4-1 victory today over the Brewers (sorry Principled Man). Drew Hutchinson stuck out 10. It was a much needed win for the Jays, who have been struggling lately. Jose Bautista and Colby Rasmus hit HRs. Ryan Braun received many boos from the crowd. I had a great time, as did my family. Go Jays Go. :dweez:

Da Brewers chased way too many Hutchinson fastballs out of the zone, but they still had a chance to win. In both losses, the Brewer bullpen "dropped the ball", so to speak..... :LOL:

• Like 1

Story and full clip...

On this Canada Day Id like to recognize Matt Stairs in the video above - a Canadian, a local folk hero (he hit a crucial pinch hit homer to get the Phillies past the Dodgers on the way to the 2008 Championship, hell never have to buy a beer in Philly again); he's standing next to the guy who caught the ball, he is a color commentator for the Philles now.

http://media.philly.com/images/013014-matt-stairs-600.jpg

Don't remind me of that game. :facepalm: :madra: :P

He was a a great hitter. Good luck Matt in your future journeys. :cheers:

• Like 2

RNB, I heard that the Cubbies were at Fenway this week, but I missed how the games turned out. RNB, any ideas?

RNB, I heard that the Cubbies were at Fenway this week, but I missed how the games turned out. RNB, any ideas?

Your Cubs won 2-1 on Tuesday and 16-9 yesterday. :cheers:

Yeah, and 6-3 Monday. No wonder RNB has been making himself scarce.

Your Cubs won 2-1 on Tuesday and 16-9 yesterday. :cheers:

16-9 holy crap.

The last inning took almost an hour.