Imagine Dragons Cover Rush’s ‘Tom Sawyer’

barney_rebel

Find me a band that hasn't covered Tom Sawyer. Then I'll be impressed.

Also, it's possible that Imagine Dragons' mentality is that they're merely covering a hit song, not a Rush song.

The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, the Grateful Dead, Marillion, Neil Young, Chilliwack, and Devin Townsend, are bands that haven't covered Tom Sawyer

Check out Silver Sun doing Xanadu. Now that is a cover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3bB2IkBHiE

I had to come back this morning to be sure I hadn't dreamed this last night. Wow. That was unexpected, and weirdly enjoyable? In a "whoa, did someone drop acid on me?" kind of way? ;)

• Like 1

I honestly thought it was great. All this bullshit about it not having talent and all is utter crap. They pulled it off well.

My music is 99% based in pop. I mix it with everything including Black Metal. The two most polar opposite genres ever. I love it, I thought it was great.

Just because they play a genre you don't like doesn't make them talentless. I'd like to see you up there.

Also, it's possible that Imagine Dragons' mentality is that they're merely covering a hit song, not a Rush song.

The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, the Grateful Dead, Marillion, Neil Young, Chilliwack, and Devin Townsend, are bands that haven't covered Tom Sawyer

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Hold on.... There's a Rush song Dream Theater hasn't covered? ;)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Hold on.... There's a Rush song Dream Theater hasn't covered? ;)

From the quick google search, Dream Theater didn't cover Tom Sawyer

I appreciate the effort, and the light show was cool :)

:yes:, even if it sorta fell apart at the end.

I must say, I've never heard a 'Beatles' type reaction to a Rush song. That was fascinating.

I was all excited about Imagine Dragons concert. Then one of my friends told me that he didn't care for them. He compared the band to Fraggle Rock. That said, I decided not to buy tickets to their concert. I'm fickle. I care too much about what other people think.

And IT SHALL REMAIN THAT WAY.

On a serious note, I never heard of Imagine Dragons until a few weeks ago when they kept popping onto my YouTube ads. Are these guys like the current big thing in "mainstream" rock at the moment?

Edited by PolarizeMe

And IT SHALL REMAIN THAT WAY.

On a serious note, I never heard of Imagine Dragons until a few weeks ago when they kept popping onto my YouTube ads. Are these guys like the current big thing in "mainstream" rock at the moment?

Yes, I find them rather unimpressive.

♫ Welcome to the New Age, Welcome...♫ euh...no...Just go away..... Not even gonna watch... To their credit they DO play instruments, and all switch around on various drumkits, live... But I can't stand that song anymore after hearing the commercial about 100 times per hockey game for the last 2 months, here in Canada....