Rush Announce Retirement

Tony R

We have to accept that the next studio album will probably be their last because of their age.

And of course Geddy's voice is failing badly.

When are you gonna retire Tony? And where will you end up?

1. In a couple of minutes. 2. Bed, I expect.

• Like 1

I hope it's a long time before Rush retires, but all good things do come to an end. When Rush retires, my reaction will be the same as when the Beatles (my all time favorites) ended. Continue to play and love the music, watch the films, and treasure the memories.
  • Like 2

I will start the band up again with Treeduck and Dr Sheldon Cooper and only play songs approved by GeminiRising79.

Babycat will be our manager and have a court order put in place to forbid KennyLee from performing our music.

KennyLee will stand on his principals and play his favourite music anyway.

The court will punish him by making him play bass in a Bay City Rollers cover band.

The "New World Women" forum will change their name to "New world Bay City Roller Women", so KennyLee will compromise his beliefs and scream "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!".

Dr Sheldon Cooper will demand his privacy and release countless books describing every detail of his summer vacations.

Treeduck will wink at the barbies in the front row.

Babycat will throw rocks at his head...just for fun.

• Like 3

I will start the band up again with Treeduck and Dr Sheldon Cooper and only play songs approved by GeminiRising79.

Babycat will be our manager and have a court order put in place to forbid KennyLee from performing our music.

The court will punish him by making him play bass in a Bay City Rollers cover band.

The "New World Women" forum will change their name to "New world Bay City Roller Women", so KennyLee will compromise his beliefs and scream "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!".

Dr Sheldon Cooper will demand his privacy and release countless books describing every detail of his summer vacations.

Narpet will sharpen pencils and get coffee...... :)
  • Like 1

I would continue to think wonderfully inappropriate things about Alex Lifeson.

Nice that someone out there still wants to sleep with him

It's a selfless act. Just looking out for his best interest really.
  • Like 1

Narpet will sharpen pencils and get coffee...... :)

And I'll piss on everyone's bonfire, just because I can.

I would continue to think wonderfully inappropriate things about Alex Lifeson.

Nice that someone out there still wants to sleep with him

It's a selfless act. Just looking out for his best interest really.

Like we all are that admire his cuteness.

Haha. The Bay City Rollers thing hit harder than the title of this thread.

I will go see your band though!

• Like 1

i still havent got over the loss of the rollers, nevermind if rush called it a day :(

Eric, Derek, Woody too, Alan, Leslie, we love you, With an R-O-double-L, E-R-S, Bay City Rollers are the best!

• Like 1

Why would it need to have implications for this forum? There are forums for bands that haven't out out albums in years and I spend more time in the non rush sections than the rush sections.

Why would it need to have implications for this forum? There are forums for bands that haven't out out albums in years and I spend more time in the non rush sections than the rush sections.

Because forum activity tends to peak when there is real Rush news and that inspires topic starting. You can only post so many parody threads and topics about Peart's 1976 snare drum.

• Like 1

My interest in bands tends to wane when they are no longer recording new content. I think that when that day comes I'll probably drift away.

My interest in bands tends to wane when they are no longer recording new content. I think that when that day comes I'll probably drift away.

Aw come on, you're a popular guy on here. You shouldn't need a misleading title to make people look at your thread.. ;)

Rush ain't gonna announce shit. They'll just stop coming around..

When can I hire them for my next birthday party?

They probably won't play anything you like. :laughing guy:

They certainly couldn't sing anything I like if I were invited to the party..... :)
  • Like 1

Many older fans thought this was a true statement after Neil's daughter and wife died. I am just glad they did come back and do more new stuff before calling it quits. I will be sad that there will be no no stuff but happy I got to enjoy some rocking shows while I could.

The really sad day will be when one of them dies.

• Like 2

Many older fans thought this was a true statement after Neil's daughter and wife died. I am just glad they did come back and do more new stuff before calling it quits. I will be sad that there will be no no stuff but happy I got to enjoy some rocking shows while I could.

The really sad day will be when one of them dies.

That's the "Have you ever cried at a celebrities death" thread. My tears are absolutely reserved for that day. I hope I go first.

• Like 3