Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2023/11/20/23970538/chiefs-eagles-recap-offense-letting-defense-down

"The Chiefs can’t make this many mistakes and expect to win against a good team.

Kansas City had two red-zone turnovers in the game, both of which took place at the Philadelphia 14-yard line.

In the second quarter, quarterback Patrick Mahomes threw an end-zone interception. Then in the fourth quarter, tight end Travis Kelce had the ball punched out...

And yet — despite all that — the Chiefs could have won the game if wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling hadn’t blatantly dropped a perfect pass in the fourth quarter.

His drop was just one of 26 accumulated by Kansas City’s pass-catchers this season.

The Chiefs wasted another outstanding performance by the defense."

Word.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goose said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2023/11/20/23970538/chiefs-eagles-recap-offense-letting-defense-down

"The Chiefs can’t make this many mistakes and expect to win against a good team.

Kansas City had two red-zone turnovers in the game, both of which took place at the Philadelphia 14-yard line.

In the second quarter, quarterback Patrick Mahomes threw an end-zone interception. Then in the fourth quarter, tight end Travis Kelce had the ball punched out...

And yet — despite all that — the Chiefs could have won the game if wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling hadn’t blatantly dropped a perfect pass in the fourth quarter.

His drop was just one of 26 accumulated by Kansas City’s pass-catchers this season.

The Chiefs wasted another outstanding performance by the defense."

Word.

Yeah, brutal. Imagine wasting a season of Mahomes's prime. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yeah, brutal. Imagine wasting a season of Mahomes's prime. 

It seems like assembling and maintaining a championship team is almost impossible financially.  The Chiefs were all offense and no defense, and they've done a great job shifting resources to that side of the ball, but at a price.  Pacheco has worked out well, and, now that teams are finally covering Kelce (about time, lol!), he has become the most dependable part of our offense.  

• Like 2

Well, we righted the ship today.  After coming out against a team we should beat in typical lackluster form, we developed that  sense of urgency that's been missing.  Just in time, I think, as a loss today would have put the AFC West automatic berth up for grabs.  

• Like 1

So much for the pro-KC of fitting conspiracy theory, lol.

Congrats to a rising young Green Bay team.   They played hard and got it done at home against a good team.  I hope they can keep it going.  Meanwhile, I'm sure the Chiefs' ice baths have been busy this week.

• Like 1

Big game today vs Buffalo. With the Bills coming off a bye week you gotta like their chances.  Mahomes has been struggling under pressure, and Buffalo is one of the top teams bring the defensive heat.   I guess today we'll see if there's any of the Super Bowl contender magic left in the bag...

10 hours ago, goose said:

That said, I can see why Mahomes reacted how he did getting f***ed by officials two weeks in a row

I'm as happy as the next Missourian when the Chiefs win, but the officials have been directed to call that penalty more often this year, so what're they supposed to do? This is on Toney -- he can't see the effin ball from where he's standing? If I were Veach, the Chiefs' GM, I'd have cut that guy or traded him to the Panthers by 8:01 this morning.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm as happy as the next Missourian when the Chiefs win, but the officials have been directed to call that penalty more often this year, so what're they supposed to do? This is on Toney -- he can't see the effin ball from where he's standing? If I were Veach, the Chiefs' GM, I'd have cut that guy or traded him to the Panthers by 8:01 this morning.

Does every Missourian like a Chiefs win?

1 hour ago, 78jazz said:

Does every Missourian like a Chiefs win?

No, I'm sure there are some oddballs out there who don't (:tongue:), but based on how loudly the crowds at Mizzou games finish the national anthem with " . . . and the home of the CHIEFS!" I'm guessing that the majority do, so I feel safe in saying the "average" fan does, based in mode, if no other aspect!

8 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Dude looked was looking over his shoulder to see the damn ball. It's his own fault.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm as happy as the next Missourian when the Chiefs win, but the officials have been directed to call that penalty more often this year, so what're they supposed to do? This is on Toney -- he can't see the effin ball from where he's standing? 

For sure he should know better, and the guy next to him should have said something.  I dont necessarily agree that a flag was appropriate in that situation, though. 

9 hours ago, goose said:

For sure he should know better, and the guy next to him should have said something.  I dont necessarily agree that a flag was appropriate in that situation, though. 

Sure enough, analysts have rewatched the game and put together clips of Toney lined up in the same way throughout the game with not only no flag thrown, but no warning issued.  And this kind of thing happens too often, where a standard is set by officials throughout a game - or even a season - and then adjusted at a critical moment.  It's understandable to me that players get frustrated

• Like 2

Coupled with a Broncos loss to the Colts, today's sound defeat of the Patriots makes for a pretty good weekend.  Hopefully it marks a turning point as we gear up for the playoffs.

Mahomes broke the 300yd mark, and while Kelce was held to 28 yards, the rest of the receiving unit stepped up.  Rice led receivers with 91 yds, while Edwards-Helaire had 64.  Each scored a TD.  In total eight different receivers gained over ten yards.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 8:34 PM, goose said:

Coupled with a Broncos loss to the Colts, today's sound defeat of the Patriots makes for a pretty good weekend.  Hopefully it marks a turning point as we gear up for the playoffs.

Mahomes broke the 300yd mark, and while Kelce was held to 28 yards, the rest of the receiving unit stepped up.  Rice led receivers with 91 yds, while Edwards-Helaire had 64.  Each scored a TD.  In total eight different receivers gained over ten yards.

Four more dropped balls, though .  . .

• Haha 1