CWA Tour Limited Deluxe Exclusive Package

Robber Soul

Another item I won't be able to afford. Before it gets to Denmark it has probably increased it's cost by factor five because of stupid import fees. Sometimes I understand why that is, but in this case it's not like I'm ruining it for someones business in Denmark :wtf:
  • Like 1

So will the dvd feature the same as what is for sale to the public or is the additional footage only available to the first 5000?

I'm pretty sure that the contents of the DVDs, bluray and CDs are the same as what will be commercially available, this set appears to house all 3 formats together in an exclusive LP sized portfolio book with a special unique tourbook that is only available in this set.

You guys are letting yourselves get fleeced, lol

For the first time ever I agree with GR79. Why would you need to have both DVD and Bu-ray of the same thing. Are you expecting your Blu-ray to stop working? I think its one or the other. Save your $60 buck and you'll be 1/2 way towards the tickets payment of their next concert. :bitchslap:

• Like 2

For the first time ever I agree with GR79. Why would you need to have both DVD and Bu-ray of the same thing. Are you expecting your Blu-ray to stop working? I think its one or the other. Save your $60 buck and you'll be 1/2 way towards the tickets payment of their next concert. :bitchslap:

Yes, I agree! Made me cringe a bit when I saw the price. I'm usually pretty lenient about this sort of thing but this one is really a tad embarrassing.

For me, I will exclusively watch bluray at home, but there are times when a bluray player is not available. Sometimes I will bring a DVD to work so I can play it while doing paperwork. Sometimes I will throw in a DVD in the car if my wife and I are on a long trip (wife likes to watch), but when I travel, I always bring my portable DVD player or my MacBook. That's the reason I like having both formats.

So will the dvd feature the same as what is for sale to the public or is the additional footage only available to the first 5000?

I'm pretty sure that the contents of the DVDs, bluray and CDs are the same as what will be commercially available, this set appears to house all 3 formats together in an exclusive LP sized portfolio book with a special unique tourbook that is only available in this set.

Yep, the exclusive tour book is what got my attention and $$$ for two sets. Already have two Blu-rays on order from Amazon! Oh, what the hell, I'll be able to play it in every room of my house with a TV!!! That's awesome!!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

• Like 1

I am wondering if the tour book is the one from the shows or a different one. I have two of the tour books. I don't have a blue-ray player. Is it worth the investment to get one is it the same as a dvd player?

Yes, I agree! Made me cringe a bit when I saw the price. I'm usually pretty lenient about this sort of thing but this one is really a tad embarrassing.

RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR - Limited Edition Deluxe Package

* includes 6 Audio & Video discs in LP size hardcover book (3 audio CDs, 2 DVDs and 1 Blu-ray Disc) * Features special 36 page tour book unique to this set * Double-sided litho featuring Hugh Syme illustrations * Strictly limited and numbered to 5000 units for this collector piece.

How is this embarrasing? Limkted edition for collectors. Is there something wrong with Rush selling deluxe bundle packages? When you look at the contents, this is not a fleece. It's just a luxury item, and I'll bet there will be demand from those Rush fans who have the bucks.

* includes 6 Audio & Video discs in LP size hardcover book (3 audio CDs, 2 DVDs and 1 Blu-ray Disc) * Features special 36 page tour book unique to this set * Double-sided litho featuring Hugh Syme illustrations * Strictly limited and numbered to 5000 units for this collector piece.

How is this embarrasing? Limkted edition for collectors. Is there something wrong with Rush selling deluxe bundle packages? When you look at the contents, this is not a fleece. It's just a luxury item, and I'll bet there will be demand from those Rush fans who have the bucks.

Yes, it's a luxury item, and yes, there will be a demand. I just think it's light on value for that price tag, which gives it a little too strong an odour of cash-grab for me.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with making money on fancy merch, per se, I just think that this particular product is overpriced for what you get. Fancy merch is all well and good, that's the way that business is done these days and I accept that and at times indulge in it, but make the price a little more reasonable or, for $100, give the customer something more special than just a fancy package.

• Like 1

If I could afford this it would have been pre-ordered before I responded to this post. This looks incredible.

My best wishes to the fortunate 5K.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a luxury item, and yes, there will be a demand. I just think it's light on value for that price tag, which gives it a little too strong an odour of cash-grab for me.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with making money on fancy merch, per se, I just think that this particular product is overpriced for what you get. Fancy merch is all well and good, that's the way that business is done these days and I accept that and at times indulge in it, but make the price a little more reasonable or, for $100, give the customer something more special than just a fancy package.

I just don't see the cash grab. If I break it down by approx. retail pricing, it's $20 cd's, $20 dvd, $25 bluray, $20 tour book, $10 double-sided litho. That leaves $5, which can be applied to the LP size hardcover book that holds the discs. Nope, not seeing the cash grab. :)

• Like 1

I just don't see the cash grab. If I break it down by approx. retail pricing, it's $20 cd's, $20 dvd, $25 bluray, $20 tour book, $10 double-sided litho. That leaves $5, which can be applied to the LP size hardcover book that holds the discs. Nope, not seeing the cash grab. :)

Fair enough! :cheers:

I still think it's overpriced for what you get, but I'll probably end up buying the damn thing anyway :LOL:

• Like 2

I guess I might as well add my two cents on this subject. I love this band, but I can remember a time when you could't find Rush anything. T-shirts, hats whatever. I have many shirts and a few hats. I have lot's of LP's also. I will have to say I will draw the line on this one. I think they may be going a bit overboard with some of this stuff. I have pre-ordered the Blue -ray and will be glad to own it. I will not shell out 100.00 plus for this one. Love :rush: ,but this is a bit much. Call it a money grab or whatever term you wish to choose. It does kinda feel like one to me. :scared: just my opinion as always............
  • Like 2

I guess I might as well add my two cents on this subject. I love this band, but I can remember a time when you could't find Rush anything. T-shirts, hats whatever. I have many shirts and a few hats. I have lot's of LP's also. I will have to say I will draw the line on this one. I think they may be going a bit overboard with some of this stuff. I have pre-ordered the Blue -ray and will be glad to own it. I will not shell out 100.00 plus for this one. Love :rush: ,but this is a bit much. Call it a money grab or whatever term you wish to choose. It does kinda feel like one to me. :scared: just my opinion as always............

I, too, remember buying everything I could afford that was associated with Rush after I got my first job in college...European picture discs, singles, a black satin Hemispheres jacket from the backstage club (they sent me a small instead of medium :( , magazines that featured Rush or Alex. At 18 yrs old I was head over sneakers with Rush...they were bigger than life itself back in 1980.

Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 2