Have Rush mentioned / hinted / said ANYTHING about another album?

rushgoober

Wish they'd snort-up a little creativity this time around.

Why settle for little after the masterpiece that is Clockwork Angels :P

Purple Kush will make anything sound like a masterpiece

I wouldn't know about that.

I'm perplexed :P. I don't see the relation to Purple Kush and my location.

Regardless, have they said anything or hinted at anything in any interview about doing one more? Or do people think that's it?

From what I know, I don't think so. Rush ain't done, either way, though. :P I'd like to see what they can still do.

It'd be nice, however, to squeeze one more studio album from the well, and then NOT tour. You know, maybe make an album just for the love and passion of making new music? I know, that's a wild, outrageous concept.

If they pull a Bowie? :LOL:

Based on interviews over the last few albums, they don't make plans beyond the latest tour.

Based on the laws of Rush, Geddy and Alex will reconvene sometime in 2014 to start jamming and begin work on Rush's next album.

And why would they not tour behind a new album? They enjoy it for the most part, feel it to be an important part of being a working band and make most of their income from it.

I totally agree with this- I think if they made a record and did not tour behind, they would feel like something was missing. Granted, that kind of thing might change as they grow older, but I don't think they've changed their minds about that yet. They have always thought of themselves as a live band, first and foremost.

To be honest i dunno how they can ever stop having ideas for new stuff they're artists its what they do you just cant switch that sh*t off. Id personally be surprised if neil hasnt formulated any new lyrics for a new album or indeed if Al or Ged havent at least played around on their own.

Based on interviews over the last few albums, they don't make plans beyond the latest tour.

Based on the laws of Rush, Geddy and Alex will reconvene sometime in 2014 to start jamming and begin work on Rush's next album.

And why would they not tour behind a new album? They enjoy it for the most part, feel it to be an important part of being a working band and make most of their income from it.

I totally agree with this- I think if they made a record and did not tour behind, they would feel like something was missing. Granted, that kind of thing might change as they grow older, but I don't think they've changed their minds about that yet. They have always thought of themselves as a live band, first and foremost.

I honestly don't care if they tour or not. My main point is I want another studio album (and let's be honest, best case scenario we'll get one more from them - to expect more than that is unrealistic, and we might not even get that), and if the thought of going on a mega two-year extravaganza makes the thought of making a new album daunting, I say f*ck the tour and just go back to making some new music.

I honestly don't care if they tour or not. My main point is I want another studio album (and let's be honest, best case scenario we'll get one more from them - to expect more than that is unrealistic, and we might not even get that), and if the thought of going on a mega two-year extravaganza makes the thought of making a new album daunting, I say f*ck the tour and just go back to making some new music.

I suspect that the idea of making an album is more daunting to them than the idea of touring and that they'd be more likely to say f**k the album, let's just go play some gigs than the other way around.

I suspect that the idea of making an album is more daunting to them than the idea of touring and that they'd be more likely to say f**k the album, let's just go play some gigs than the other way around.

ugh

I don't know about that. From what we've heard and read over the years, these guys love the creative process of making new music. They like it much better than the grind of a long tour. In a perfect world for them, they'd just make new albums and quit touring (at least, Ged and Neil would like it that way -- Alex still seems to love playing shows). But touring is where the Big Money is. So what to do?

• Like 1

I don't know about that. From what we've heard and read over the years, these guys love the creative process of making new music. They like it much better than the grind of a long tour. In a perfect world for them, they'd just make new albums and quit touring (at least, Ged and Neil would like it that way -- Alex still seems to love playing shows). But touring is where the Big Money is. So what to do?

they should then do what they love doing - they really DON'T need more money - enjoy the creative process of making new music and let the fans reap the rewards too! win-win. :ebert:

They might like it better but writing and recording an entire album is also a lot of pressure.

In any case, I don't think it's likely that they'll tour without recording ANYTHING. I just think it's more likely that they would tour without making a new album, as they did on the 30th anniversary and Time Machine tours, than that they would make a new album and then not tour, as they've done exactly never.

Edited by GeddysMullet

they should then do what they love doing - they really DON'T need more money - enjoy the creative process of making new music and let the fans reap the rewards too! win-win. :ebert:

Interested to know how you can be sure that they don't need any more money?

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/geddy-lee-net-worth/

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/alex-lifeson-net-worth/

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/neil-peart-net-worth/

http://www.celebrity...-lee-net-worth/

http://www.celebrity...eson-net-worth/

http://www.celebrity...eart-net-worth/

Yeah, that's a website that gives an estimated net worth. No mention of how they get that figure. But that's besides the point- even if you could know exactly how much net worth a person has, you still can't know how much they have in their bank account, how much they owe in taxes, wages for employees etc., and how much they need for their future plans. Surely the only person who knows how much money Geddy Lee needs, is Geddy Lee himself.

Yeah, that's a website that gives an estimated net worth. No mention of how they get that figure. But that's besides the point- even if you could know exactly how much net worth a person has, you still can't know how much they have in their bank account, how much they owe in taxes, wages for employees etc., and how much they need for their future plans. Surely the only person who knows how much money Geddy Lee needs, is Geddy Lee himself.

Goober is just trolling again. Posting like a blatant fool = trolling. That's his game here.

Goober is just trolling again. Posting like a blatant fool = trolling. That's his game here.

I know, I like to troll back, as you probably noticed! :D

I know, I like to troll back, as you probably noticed! :D

not trolling at all - just stating my opinion. when it's a popular opinion, it's just posting. when it's an unpopular one, it's considered trolling. and the weird thing is that i'm sure lerxster would LOVE a new rush album, but he doesn't like how i state things - not P.C. enough. it's all good.

i think it's a safe bet that the boys have WAY more than enough money to last for several lifetimes. they've proven to be not stupid - i'm sure they didn't throw all their money away. my point is that if they did want to make a studio album for the love of making music, they could do it without having to go on a huge tour. they choose not to, and that's a loss for everyone because it means we get an album once every five years, if that.