A question of way back when in 1980

Motorshooter

You younglings won’t remember this, but back in 1980, the King Biscuit Flower Hour recorder Rush live during their Permanent Waves tour. It was a fantastic show. I recorded it on a cassette; I don’t know where the show was recorded live, but I do know I would like to get a CD copy of it.

I know the studio of King Biscuit suffered a fire and many tapes from its inventory were sadly….lost, possibly that show.

Anyone have any leads or “a point to” as to where I should start my search?

Thanks

You younglings won’t remember this, but back in 1980, the King Biscuit Flower Hour recorder Rush live during their Permanent Waves tour. It was a fantastic show. I recorded it on a cassette; I don’t know where the show was recorded live, but I do know I would like to get a CD copy of it.

I know the studio of King Biscuit suffered a fire and many tapes from its inventory were sadly….lost, possibly that show.

Thanks

I remember listening to that show on the radio and recording it to a cassette as well. Yes, it was an amazing show.

The famous St. Louis boot is from the same tour...that's probably as close as you're gonna' get.

I thought I loved Rush, then I heard the St. Louis show... and it went to a whole nother level!

I have the St Louis show on vinyl but only contains a portion of the show (2112, Natural Science, La Villa, In The Mood/Drums). I'm assuming the whole thing is available now if I look for it???

I have the St Louis show on vinyl but only contains a portion of the show (2112, Natural Science, La Villa, In The Mood/Drums). I'm assuming the whole thing is available now if I look for it???

One of 10 boots of the show: http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/database/review.php?RecordingID=1365

Probably the second most booted show in Rush bootleg history behind the Grace Under Pressure Tour video.

The St. Louis show is about 75 minutes as recorded (not the whole show, which has never surfaced), but there is an abbreviated vinyl version of the show "The Temples of Syrinx" which is about 45 minutes.

There are no commercially available King Biscuit Rush CDs, but there are radio shows.

Most of these shows are some combination of the Exit Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure or A Show of Hands videos.

Thanks

I think I have a copy on CD that I transferred from a cassette copy of this show. I remember it; it's a great tape. My friend recorded it from the FM radio. Keel Auditorium, St Louis if I remember right. I can try to find it. I've been looking for a better copy ever since, and came up with nothing.

hmm.. you look EXACTLY like the guy sitting in front of me at the concert last week. 200 section about midway back on the Alex side?

Nope, I was section 102, row 17. Pretty much dead center 17 rows back from the stage,