It's Saturday Night And I'm "HIGH 'N DRY!" "Back In Black" By AC/DC Is BETTER? NO WAY!

"HIGH 'N DRY" VS. "BACK IN BLACK"  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which album kicks the most hard rock ass in your kick ass hard rock mind?

• "High 'N Dry" Def Leppard
    • "Back In Black" AC/DC
    • None of these early Eighties records!! The Rush Forum has been taken over by MUSE Fanatics!

well come on, I didn't do anything too extreme did I? just kept an 80s arena rock argument going for a bit

:tsk: :LOL:

Rank the following, from one to three: Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon.

REO Speedwagon has a ton of good tunes, and Hi InFIdelity is a classic album. They're first. Journey is second. Escape is fantastic. I don't care for Styx, although I do like the song Renegade.

Totally unprovoked, one SOCN regular told me in a PM: "You represent everything I hate." Really??? You don't even know me!

LABT, ILS or KenJennings?

None of the above.

Who's LABT?

laughedatbytime

ok then, my guess is now Sheldon Cooper

Totally unprovoked, one SOCN regular told me in a PM: "You represent everything I hate." Really??? You don't even know me!

None of the above.

Who's LABT?

laughedatbytime

Still no.

Sheldon Cooper and laughedatbytime weren't SOCN "regulars" during the time when I was.

"Sheldon Cooper" is heavily right-wing? What a slap in the face to the integrity and spirit of that show! :P

None of the above.

Who's LABT?

laughedatbytime

Still no.

Sheldon Cooper and laughedatbytime weren't SOCN "regulars" during the time when I was.

"Sheldon Cooper" is heavily right-wing? What a slap in the face to the integrity and spirit of that show! :P

I dunno man, I never liked that show haha

well come on, I didn't do anything too extreme did I? just kept an 80s arena rock argument going for a bit

REO Speedwagon has a ton of good tunes, and Hi InFIdelity is a classic album. They're first. Journey is second. Escape is fantastic. I don't care for Styx, although I do like the song Renegade.

Correction: It's ALL about REO, couldn't give a fig about the other two.

These two albums are my favorite from each band and I actually like them about the same.. But def leopard is a much better and more interesting band in my opinion.. I don't have much use for AC/DC. Good band but kinda boring after a while..

Def leopard? Auto correct makin me look stupid again!

Coulda been worse. Coulda been Delf Leotard.

Haha! :P

Geddyrulz was always arguing with someone! It used to be Tick, Necro and Jack Aubrey. Now that they don't come on here so much GR has found these guys to bitch at and bicker with! :LOL:

I don't come around much anymore, either. Even less in SOCN.

Where are they all?? :o Where do they wander? :unsure:

Geddyrulz was always arguing with someone! It used to be Tick, Necro and Jack Aubrey. Now that they don't come on here so much GR has found these guys to bitch at and bicker with! :LOL:

They gambol in the Pampas of Argentina, whilst eyeing The Malvinas, lustily.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

They gambol in the Pampas of Argentina, whilst eyeing The Malvinas, lustily.

With Sean Penn?

:baabaa: :codger: <<< Sean Penn

styx, reo, journey

fight me

My exact ranking lol

OMG....Styx was one of the greatest shows I've been to. Over 2 hours of kickass rock n roll. Loved it.

I like all 3 groups a lot (less the DL but more than ACDC). I have also seen all 3 multiple times, sadly not back in their prime in the 80's.

That being said, I would rank Journey as a clear #1. After that, its a very tough call between the other 2 groups. I will go with REO as my number 2 choice because of what happened the last time I saw them in concert. 38 Special opened up, then REO played, then Styx. 38 Special was great (no shock there, thats an automatic), REO was very, very good and Styx was good. Decent, but sort of a let down after 2 great acts.

if i saw them together again and Styx was better then my ranking might flip around.

By the way, 38 Special I would pick over Styx or REO. Now Journey vs. 38 Special - wow thats a hard one to call. I guess I would go with Journey but its a wicked close call.

I could see you getting shit in SOCN...noticed you recommended a zinn book in some turn the page thread...big no-no there!

really anybody left-leaning gets his balls extremely busted in that place

Yeah, I was the token Liberal (read: punching bag) in SOCN for quite awhile.

The Right-wingers hung every stereotype about Liberals on me, and then used those stereotypes to start arguments with me, not with the ideology. They didn't ask, didn't know, and didn't care whether the stereotype was true of me or not. They wanted it to be, so it was. They wanted a scapegoat and I was the Face of Liberalism for them.

This post right here is why you're not taken seriously in SOCN, nor should you be here. It's not only the complete shallowness of your posts, but the incredibly silly, unsubstantiated assumptions about other posters that discredit even those shallow arguments. (I especially liked the one where you called all of us Hannity disciples when no one in there had anything positive to say about the guy.)

I've never in my entire time here sent a negative PM to a member here, that's a chickensh!t way to handle things. Yet you assumed I was one of the people who might have done that. Brilliant!

The only substantive contact I believe I've had with GeddyRulz is a disagreement (a civil one) in OLV (called The Champion Players then, I believe) about the relative spending levels of the Red Sox and Yankees.

So, try again. And try to know what you're talking about next time. 2112 posts will get you in the Hallowed Hall, try to make at least one substantive post before you get there.

I could see you getting shit in SOCN...noticed you recommended a zinn book in some turn the page thread...big no-no there!

The Right-wingers hung every stereotype about Liberals on me, and then used those stereotypes to start arguments with me, not with the ideology. They didn't ask, didn't know, and didn't care whether the stereotype was true of me or not. They wanted it to be, so it was. They wanted a scapegoat and I was the Face of Liberalism for them.

This post right here is why you're not taken seriously in SOCN, nor should you be here. It's not only the complete shallowness of your posts, but the incredibly silly, unsubstantiated assumptions about other posters that discredit even those shallow arguments. (I especially liked the one where you called all of us Hannity disciples when no one in there had anything positive to say about the guy.)

I've never in my entire time here sent a negative PM to a member here, that's a chickensh!t way to handle things. Yet you assumed I was one of the people who might have done that. Brilliant!

The only substantive contact I believe I've had with GeddyRulz is a disagreement (a civil one) in OLV (called The Champion Players then, I believe) about the relative spending levels of the Red Sox and Yankees.

So, try again. And try to know what you're talking about next time. 2112 posts will get you in the Hallowed Hall, try to make at least one substantive post before you get there.

well he said rude, right-wing SOCN regular...you're the first user who comes to mind

well he said rude, right-wing SOCN regular...you're the first user who comes to mind

If rude is calling people out for unsubstantiated assumptions about people and shallow arguments, then, yeah, I guess I'm rude.

Seems like it would be more rude to say those kinds of things in the first place, but, hey, whatever gets you by.

If rude is calling people out for unsubstantiated assumptions about people and shallow arguments, then, yeah, I guess I'm rude.

Seems like it would be more rude to say those kinds of things in the first place, but, hey, whatever gets you by.

Let's get back to the fact that Joe Eliot is a bloated fool in sequins and questionable blonde wig...

Let's get back to the fact that Joe Eliot is a bloated fool in sequins and questionable blonde wig...

...who has a monumental chip on his shoulder & hasn't made a decent record since "Pyromania"....

...who has a monumental chip on his shoulder & hasn't made a decent record since "Pyromania"....

Aye... :hail:

but it seemed correct to assume that you would be the type of person to send a negative PM to a liberal because they disagree with you.

but it seemed correct to assume that you would be the type of person to send a negative PM to a liberal because they disagree with you.

Well, as long as it seemed right to such an infallible judge of character as yourself, what more do you need? Actually being accurate is overrated.

But enough of this BS. On Through The Night and High and Dry are both great albums, with the added advantage of not being played to death. At this point, I don't want to hear anything from Back in Black. High and Dry wins, despite what DL has turned into.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Well, as long as it seemed right to such an infallible judge of character as yourself, what more do you need? Actually being accurate is overrated.

But enough of this BS. On Through The Night and High and Dry are both great albums, with the added advantage of not being played to death. At this point, I don't want to hear anything from Back in Black. High and Dry wins, despite what DL has turned into.

my point was that you, snowdog, cooper and kenjennings are more-or-less the four horsemen of conservatism (for lack of a better term) on SOCN, and while snowdog and kenjennings are usually civil, there is an extremely ANGRY vibe from you and cooper, which obviously led to me assuming that you would be the type of person to send a hateful PM to GeddyRulz, because I know how heated you guys sometimes get because politics is clearly your passion. since it wasn't you, that's good, you're not as bad as you seem! ;)

You took this too personal and too far. Bathory was merely trying to guess the identity of the person who sent me the PM. Is it such a big deal that he guessed you, among others?

• Like 1

You took this too personal and too far. Bathory was merely trying to guess the identity of the person who sent me the PM. Is it such a big deal that he guessed you, among others?

and that's exactly why I guessed that it was him....he has a history of getting pissed off and personal when people don't agree with him.

Important enough to correct the record.

I never judge people by their politics, it's a mistake.

as a brit you probably know about this...it reminds me of how everyone says ben elton is a sell-out because he works with tories, and he's just like "well if I refused to work with people who disagreed with me that'd limit my options in life." ben elton does suck now though, but you get what I mean