It's Saturday Night And I'm "HIGH 'N DRY!" "Back In Black" By AC/DC Is BETTER? NO WAY!

"HIGH 'N DRY" VS. "BACK IN BLACK"  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which album kicks the most hard rock ass in your kick ass hard rock mind?

• "High 'N Dry" Def Leppard
    • "Back In Black" AC/DC
    • None of these early Eighties records!! The Rush Forum has been taken over by MUSE Fanatics!

I never judge people by their politics, it's a mistake.

I can't think of a bigger waste of time than arguing politics (and religion) on a message board :outtahere:

on a RUSH message board especially...trust me, I feel like a f***ing loser, but sometimes I just have nothing else to do :(

as a brit you probably know about this...it reminds me of how everyone says ben elton is a sell-out because he works with tories, and he's just like "well if I refused to work with people who disagreed with me that'd limit my options in life." ben elton does suck now though, but you get what I mean

Yeah, and he does suck now too. When comedians and script writers decide to become novelists you know it's the end. In fact when anyone who isn't a novelist decides to become a novelist it's a bad idea for book readers and literature lovers everywhere.

• Like 1

I could see you getting shit in SOCN...noticed you recommended a zinn book in some turn the page thread...big no-no there!

really anybody left-leaning gets his balls extremely busted in that place

Yeah, I was the token Liberal (read: punching bag) in SOCN for quite awhile.

The Right-wingers hung every stereotype about Liberals on me, and then used those stereotypes to start arguments with me, not with the ideology. They didn't ask, didn't know, and didn't care whether the stereotype was true of me or not. They wanted it to be, so it was. They wanted a scapegoat and I was the Face of Liberalism for them.

Totally unprovoked, one SOCN regular told me in a PM: "You represent everything I hate." Really??? You don't even know me!

LABT, ILS or KenJennings?

This post right here is why you're not taken seriously in SOCN, nor should you be here. It's not only the complete shallowness of your posts, but the incredibly silly, unsubstantiated assumptions about other posters that discredit even those shallow arguments. (I especially liked the one where you called all of us Hannity disciples when no one in there had anything positive to say about the guy.)

I've never in my entire time here sent a negative PM to a member here, that's a chickensh!t way to handle things. Yet you assumed I was one of the people who might have done that. Brilliant!

The only substantive contact I believe I've had with GeddyRulz is a disagreement (a civil one) in OLV (called The Champion Players then, I believe) about the relative spending levels of the Red Sox and Yankees.

So, try again. And try to know what you're talking about next time. 2112 posts will get you in the Hallowed Hall, try to make at least one substantive post before you get there.

well he said rude, right-wing SOCN regular...you're the first user who comes to mind

If rude is calling people out for unsubstantiated assumptions about people and shallow arguments, then, yeah, I guess I'm rude.

Seems like it would be more rude to say those kinds of things in the first place, but, hey, whatever gets you by.

but it seemed correct to assume that you would be the type of person to send a negative PM to a liberal because they disagree with you.

Well, as long as it seemed right to such an infallible judge of character as yourself, what more do you need? Actually being accurate is overrated.

You took this too personal and too far. Bathory was merely trying to guess the identity of the person who sent me the PM. Is it such a big deal that he guessed you, among others?

Important enough to correct the record.

But that's just it, don't you see? This wasn't "the record," it wasn't history being described, it wasn't even the-facts-as-he-saw-them, and it wasn't anything "important," so it was nothing that needed a sharp rebuttal "correcting" it. He was playfully GUESSING who sent me the message, as if it were a GAME to identify the sender... and he was already told his guess was wrong. That should've been the end of it. Or imagine this ridiculous exchange...

GAMESHOW HOST: Another hundred-point tossup... contestants, which handsome actor was lambasted by critics and the public alike, for singing and dancing with Snow White during a musical number at the 1989 Academy Awards?

CONTESTANT: (buzzing in) Tom Cruise?

GAMESHOW HOST: No, I'm sorry. It was not Tom Cruise.

TOM CRUISE: (suddenly appearing onstage, as if from nowhere) How could you have possibly said me? You're a f***ing idiot! See, this is why you don't even belong on this stage, and why nobody should listen to you! Stupid statements like that one! You obviously don't know f***ing shit about my career, the roles I choose, and the public appearances I agree to make! I would never have been in such a cornball musical number... that's for wimps! It's just not 'me' and it's important that you and everyone else knows it. What makes you think I would've done that stupid shit? You're a f***ing idiot! Go home and play Candyland, because you're not smart enough for this game! Stupid motherf***er!!

Edited by GeddyRulz
  • Like 1

as a brit you probably know about this...it reminds me of how everyone says ben elton is a sell-out because he works with tories, and he's just like "well if I refused to work with people who disagreed with me that'd limit my options in life." ben elton does suck now though, but you get what I mean

Yeah, and he does suck now too. When comedians and script writers decide to become novelists you know it's the end. In fact when anyone who isn't a novelist decides to become a novelist it's a bad idea for book readers and literature lovers everywhere.

dude just thought he was too smart for his own good..."hey that turnip bit in blackadder was pretty funny...I'm a f***ing genius...I can write books!"

stephen fry's written several novels too, and as much as I love that man, I won't be reading them anytime soon. listening to him speak and reading his writing are two totally different things

I could see you getting shit in SOCN...noticed you recommended a zinn book in some turn the page thread...big no-no there!

really anybody left-leaning gets his balls extremely busted in that place

Yeah, I was the token Liberal (read: punching bag) in SOCN for quite awhile.

The Right-wingers hung every stereotype about Liberals on me, and then used those stereotypes to start arguments with me, not with the ideology. They didn't ask, didn't know, and didn't care whether the stereotype was true of me or not. They wanted it to be, so it was. They wanted a scapegoat and I was the Face of Liberalism for them.

Totally unprovoked, one SOCN regular told me in a PM: "You represent everything I hate." Really??? You don't even know me!

LABT, ILS or KenJennings?

This post right here is why you're not taken seriously in SOCN, nor should you be here. It's not only the complete shallowness of your posts, but the incredibly silly, unsubstantiated assumptions about other posters that discredit even those shallow arguments. (I especially liked the one where you called all of us Hannity disciples when no one in there had anything positive to say about the guy.)

I've never in my entire time here sent a negative PM to a member here, that's a chickensh!t way to handle things. Yet you assumed I was one of the people who might have done that. Brilliant!

The only substantive contact I believe I've had with GeddyRulz is a disagreement (a civil one) in OLV (called The Champion Players then, I believe) about the relative spending levels of the Red Sox and Yankees.

So, try again. And try to know what you're talking about next time. 2112 posts will get you in the Hallowed Hall, try to make at least one substantive post before you get there.

well he said rude, right-wing SOCN regular...you're the first user who comes to mind

If rude is calling people out for unsubstantiated assumptions about people and shallow arguments, then, yeah, I guess I'm rude.

Seems like it would be more rude to say those kinds of things in the first place, but, hey, whatever gets you by.

but it seemed correct to assume that you would be the type of person to send a negative PM to a liberal because they disagree with you.

Well, as long as it seemed right to such an infallible judge of character as yourself, what more do you need? Actually being accurate is overrated.

You took this too personal and too far. Bathory was merely trying to guess the identity of the person who sent me the PM. Is it such a big deal that he guessed you, among others?

Important enough to correct the record.

But that's just it, don't you see? This wasn't "the record," it wasn't history being described, it wasn't even the-facts-as-he-saw-them, and it wasn't anything "important," so it was nothing that needed a sharp rebuttal "correcting" it. He was playfully GUESSING who sent me the message, as if it were a GAME to identify the sender... and he was already told his guess was wrong. That should've been the end of it. Or imagine this ridiculous exchange...

GAMESHOW HOST: Another hundred-point tossup... contestants, which handsome actor was lambasted by critics and the public alike, for singing and dancing with Snow White during a musical number at the 1989 Academy Awards?

CONTESTANT: (buzzing in) Tom Cruise?

GAMESHOW HOST: No, I'm sorry. It was not Tom Cruise.

TOM CRUISE: (suddenly appearing onstage, as if from nowhere) How could you have possibly said me? You're a f***ing idiot! See, this is why you don't even belong on this stage, and why nobody should listen to you! Stupid statements like that one! You obviously don't know f***ing shit about my career, the roles I choose, and the public appearances I agree to make! I would never have been in such a cornball musical number... that's for wimps! It's just not 'me' and it's important that you and everyone else knows it. What makes you think I would've done that stupid shit? You're a f***ing idiot! Go home and play Candyland, because you're not smart enough for this game! Stupid motherf***er!!

really hoping this adds more fuel to the fire

Wow! I forgot to vote on this poll thread! Of course I had to go against the norm and pick Def Leppard's "High 'N Dry" album.

It absolutely blows boring "Back In Slack" away!!!!

I'm going through a Johnson era binge right now. But I do love me some High N Dry.

Just not more than BIB.

Wow! I forgot to vote on this poll thread! Of course I had to go against the norm and pick Def Leppard's "High 'N Dry" album.

It absolutely blows boring "Back In Slack" away!!!!

I'm going through a Johnson era binge right now. But I do love me some High N Dry.

Just not more than BIB.

I hear ya! I finally listened to ROCK OR BUST and I really liked it after one listen!