products you endorse and products you wouldn't recommend

I recommend this honey mustard recipe (if you like restaurant honey mustard dressing, this is what you want!):

1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing!)

3 Tbsp honey

2 Tbsp yellow mustard

Mix well and use on salads, with fries, on wings...whatever you like honey mustard with. I cannot find anything in the grocery stores that doesn't taste like sweetened dijon mustard. This is the real deal!

And I concur on the Frank's Red Hot! I mix with ranch dressing to spice it up!

This better be good. I just made a salad and I am going to try this. I will let you know what I think. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy!

I thought it was pretty good. It was really good with the salad, because it was a little bit thicker than other recipes that I have tried, some of which have vinegar in them. But, you're right...I hate Dijon mustard. Edited by Aikenrooster

Don't Endorse: New Balance shoes don't last very long in tough conditions.

I agree with you on this. I had a few pairs of these shoes. They don't last for very long.

I'm very off Chevy. The last two cars we've had from Chevrolet have been terrible - we're still driving one. The first one I traded in on my Toyota Tacoma (highly endorsed and recommended - why didn't I but one of these 20 years ago??? :doh: ) The second one we're still driving. We obeyed the "replace engine" light at 56k miles and replaced the engine. I think we've spent enough on the car to have bought it twice over. I refer to it as the PoS model.

We're just starting the new car shopping process. Not sure what we're going to get, but it will *not* be a Chevy.

I've had great luck with our Chevys. We love our Tahoe, and will be replacing it with a suburban in a couple of years.

Endorse: Duke's Mayonnaise on a sandwich, in potato salad, on french fries

Don't endorse: Miracle Whip, ever, for any reason, unless for some reason you're trying to make someone sick

• Like 1

I endorse: Tim Horton's coffee bought at any drive thru in Canada. I don't endorse: Tim Horton's coffee bought in Manhattan. (just can't be the same coffee, imo)

Yeah, it has to be better in Canada. Had my first cup of TH at a rest stop in NY state a couple years ago. Blech. Gave it one more try on the way back.. blech! Never again. TH donuts are good though.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is the best coffee ever served by a corporation. Unless those behind the counter let it get too old (which is extremely rare), it's consistantly delicious. DD has my allegiance and my hearty endorsement.

I'm very off Chevy. The last two cars we've had from Chevrolet have been terrible - we're still driving one. The first one I traded in on my Toyota Tacoma (highly endorsed and recommended - why didn't I but one of these 20 years ago??? :doh: ) The second one we're still driving. We obeyed the "replace engine" light at 56k miles and replaced the engine. I think we've spent enough on the car to have bought it twice over. I refer to it as the PoS model.

We're just starting the new car shopping process. Not sure what we're going to get, but it will *not* be a Chevy.

I would definitely buy a Honda or something else that gets super, duper, gas mileage. No telling what the gas prices will be in the future.

It's hard to go wrong with Honda. My 08 Accord coupe has been practically flawless. I've never been loyal with cars though. What was shit 10 yrs ago could be good now, and vise versa. But it's hard to go wrong with a Honda. Endorsed!

Endorse: New Mexico Piñon Coffee. Local companies are always the best way to go, and since I get mine for free, why not! :P

Don't Endorse: Windows 8. My new laptop runs on Windows 8 and it's just still full of flaws.

Don't endorse: Miracle Whip, ever, for any reason, unless for some reason you're trying to make someone sick

YES!!!

I've had great luck with our Chevys. We love our Tahoe, and will be replacing it with a suburban in a couple of years.

I would definitely buy a Honda or something else that gets super, duper, gas mileage. No telling what the gas prices will be in the future.

It's hard to go wrong with Honda. My 08 Accord coupe has been practically flawless. I've never been loyal with cars though. What was shit 10 yrs ago could be good now, and vise versa. But it's hard to go wrong with a Honda. Endorsed!

I have a specific set of criteria with which I have been provided since that I won't be the daily driver of the car - just road trips, so it must be comfy. Must be AWD to deal with NE winters. I've been looking at the Ford Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) which has good reviews. I had great luck with my Ford truck (a Ranger, great truck) but the Ford Taurus I owed in '89 was a total turd. I'm also thinking Subaru, though there is a bit of a shortage in NE right now. I'd like to stay away from SUV types. Price has to be right. Mileage is important but not the primary consideration. Car must be new. To maintain domestic bliss, a good course of action is to follow the criteria.

I've had very poor luck with Chevy. Must be a karma thing. I drove a Chevy Malibu wagon in high school and, while the whole thing leaked by the time I sold it for $65, I beat the crap out of that car. Perhaps, Chevy is paying me back. :unsure:

Wen is the best!

Worst name ever for any product, though. Had the marketing team done even a modicum of research on the word "wen", they'd have said, "eewww, yuck" and picked an alternative. (A "wen" is a skin boil or big whompus cyst, fyi). That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it!

• Like 1

I love my Chevy HHR. It's my third one and I'm sad they've stopped making them. I was just telling my husband yesterday that I thought the Sonic was cute and he's heard good things about them.

As a photographer, I love all things Canon.

My husband has a Samsung addiction, as well. Our microwave and fridge, as well as two of our televisions and many of our other electronics, are all Samsung.

I love my Chevy HHR. It's my third one and I'm sad they've stopped making them. I was just telling my husband yesterday that I thought the Sonic was cute and he's heard good things about them.

As a photographer, I love all things Canon.

My husband has a Samsung addiction, as well. Our microwave and fridge, as well as two of our televisions and many of our other electronics, are all Samsung.

We have a Samsung LCD HD TV and it's amazing. People always comment about how great the picture is.

I have a specific set of criteria with which I have been provided since that I won't be the daily driver of the car - just road trips, so it must be comfy. Must be AWD to deal with NE winters. I've been looking at the Ford Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) which has good reviews. I had great luck with my Ford truck (a Ranger, great truck) but the Ford Taurus I owed in '89 was a total turd. I'm also thinking Subaru, though there is a bit of a shortage in NE right now. I'd like to stay away from SUV types. Price has to be right. Mileage is important but not the primary consideration. Car must be new. To maintain domestic bliss, a good course of action is to follow the criteria.

I've had very poor luck with Chevy. Must be a karma thing. I drove a Chevy Malibu wagon in high school and, while the whole thing leaked by the time I sold it for $65, I beat the crap out of that car. Perhaps, Chevy is paying me back. :unsure:

Keep in mind that all GMs have a 5 year / 100,000 powertrain warranty. If they were making shit products, they would go broke (again:lol:).

I know a lot of people who have the new Equinox, and they are all very happy with them. My wife's cousin, by brother, our next door neighbors, and a few people at work have one. Two of the people that I work with are on their second Equinox.

YES!!!

:no:

It is with slight embarrassment that I'll admit I like Miracle Whip. Perhaps it's an acquired taste —my grandmother used to buy it all the time, so I ate it quite often as a kid. I still keep a small jar on hand for those occasions when I'm overcome with nostalgia. Even if they won't confess, I'm sure there are other people here who like MW.

Despite my misplaced affection for the stuff, this is funny:

http://theoatmeal.co...og/miracle_whip

Warning: It's a slightly off-color cartoon, nothing indecent, but I thought it would be safer just to post the link rather than the cartoon itself.

YES!!!

:no:

It is with slight embarrassment that I'll admit I like Miracle Whip. Perhaps it's an acquired taste —my grandmother used to buy it all the time, so I ate it quite often as a kid. I still keep a small jar on hand for those occasions when I'm overcome with nostalgia. Even if they won't confess, I'm sure there are other people here who like MW.

Despite my misplaced affection for the stuff, this is funny:

http://theoatmeal.co...og/miracle_whip

Warning: It's a slightly off-color cartoon, nothing indecent, but I thought it would be safer just to post the link rather than the cartoon itself.

I love that cartoon! My husband eats Miracle Whip, though I've almost completely won him over to Duke's. I made a custom label for the last jar of MW we had in the house, based on that cartoon. I used the little pic of the goblin on it.

• Like 1

Endorse:

K-Swiss shoes

Dodge trucks

Honda lawn mowers

Braun Oral B mechanical toothbrush

Asus laptops

Yamaha AV receivers

Mayonnaise

Wouldn't recommend:

Nike shoes

Any refrigerator made after 1998

Front loading washing machines

Cuisinart can openers

HP laptops

Sony AV receivers

Miracle whip

Wen is the best!

Worst name ever for any product, though. Had the marketing team done even a modicum of research on the word "wen", they'd have said, "eewww, yuck" and picked an alternative. (A "wen" is a skin boil or big whompus cyst, fyi). That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it!

There's a hair pomade out there for men called COCK GREASE. For women's hair the same company sells BEAVER CREAM. Those are either the best or worse names ever

Without being too graphic, "moist" toilet paper. Seriously. People give me a hard time about it when they come to our house and see it in the bathroom. You would not believe how many people have told me they subsequently bought it and LOVE it.
  • Like 1