Rush already throwing a monkeywrench into the alternating set lists pattern

May 7th should have been Limelight, but instead was The Body Electric.

If they want to alternate sets, that's fine, but they really need to keep it consistent (i.e., follow A/B/C rinse repeat) b/c you have to believe that people are making treks just to hear TBE or Middletown Dreams.

I myself considered going to Cleveland to see MD (in Pittsburgh; we got TBE), but in the weeks leading up to the Cleveland show they start messing with the patterns and I couldn't afford either the time or the money to make the trek only to get TBE or Limelight. Cleveland did get MD, so I lost out, but had I made the trek and not gotten MD when it was slated to fall on that pattern, I'd have been pretty PO'd.

Edited by zappafrank

May 7th should have been Limelight, but instead was The Body Electric.

If they want to alternate sets, that's fine, but they really need to keep it consistent (i.e., follow A/B/C rinse repeat) b/c you have to believe that people are making treks just to hear TBE or Middletown Dreams.

I myself considered going to Cleveland to see MD (in Pittsburgh; we got TBE), but in the weeks leading up to the Cleveland show they start messing with the patterns and I couldn't afford either the time or the money to make the trek only to get TBE or Limelight. Cleveland did get MD, so I lost out, but had I made the trek and not gotten MD when it was slated to fall on that pattern, I'd have been pretty PO'd.

I think they changed the rotation at the last minute because of the AC show. Originally, we were supposed to get Set B on the rotation that started the tour off. However, both the Newark and Philadelphia got the same B setlist. I think somehow, the guys realized it and decided to change it... However, I could be completely off and they just decided to change it for one night or switch sets A and C around. I really don't know, but I do agree that they should stick to the same rotation...

As Geddy Lee in Lil Rush says "ill play the song anyway i want' C'mon were all fans here I don't care what songs they play I just want to see them and enjoy them cause folks they're not going to do this forever. I kind of got a little depressed last night when they were leaving the stage because that might be the last. You never know.

b/c you have to believe that people are making treks just to hear TBE or Middletown Dreams.

No sir, I don't believe it. Na ganna do it. Naaa gaaaa daaaa.

Ever think we'd see the day where fans are pissed because they can't accurately predict which songs Rush is going to play at the next show? :)

Exactly...get a grip people... IT's RUSH, who gives a big rip WHAT they play!

• Like 3

Ever think we'd see the day where fans are pissed because they can't accurately predict which songs Rush is going to play at the next show? :)

LOL

Yeah, if that's the worst thing that ever happens to me henceforth I'll be a very happy man.

Edited by Wingmaster
  • Like 1

Like they weren't regimented enough, now they have to follow a strict pattern? Gimme a break.

They are getting effing crazy in their old age. HOLY SHIT!!! I heard Neil actually waited until 10:07 to drink his Metamucil yesterday.

• Like 2

LOL! Yeah, really, get the sand out of your vaginas folks, they did the same first leg—they've been throwing in a curveball now and then the entire time. Why should this leg be any different?

What about when they visit the same city, ie chicago? Will there be a method to the madness? Play the other setlist not played the first time?

Give me a break. People should be happy they're seeing the boys at least once. Not everybody can afford tickets, let alone tickets for multiple shows, along with travelling costs.

Times are good if they're pissin' over a song in the set-list, eh. LOL

Frankly, and I think I'm the only one in the universe, I don't care for Middletown Dreams at all, but I'd love to see Leave That Thing Alone live.

I think it's hilarious that people think no one has a right to be disappointed.

I was in a pissy mood last night for others reasons, so my post might have had a bit too much vitriol. Point taken.

But still, I think I made valid point - even if ultimately insignifcant in the grand design (...) of life.

To OP:

Here is a quarter - call someone who cares.

Thank you.

Let them do what they want! It's ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!

Ah, DrGrendel, assuming you took your name from the Marillion song and not just Beowulf in general, you and I are practically neighbors ostensibly with a similar taste in music (bolstered by your Lemmy quote). Your post was pretty rude for no reason. Be nice.

Edited by zappafrank

I actually thought this was going to be an interesting thread!

NOT!

:facepalm:

You should make yet ANOTHER setlist. Call it The Monkeywrench Tour.

Rules:

1) Don't use ANY song that's being played on this tour.

2) The setlist must be as long as this tour's (give or take 5 minutes).

3) No instrumental medleys or medleys of any kind.

Now go and do it you crazy setlist monkey bastard!!!

:blaze:

• Like 1

NOT!

Rules:

And bonus points if you have Rush cover the Foo's Monkey Wrench. :P

I see the original point you were making, but imagine there was no internet. What if you still wanted to see multiple shows, but had no way of checking the setlists for each show they have played.... asking the band to stick to a set rotation is silly to me. They broke the rules and made 2112 after everything and everyone told them it was a bad idea. If they want to be creative, I think it's great. Neil is doing more free playing, and this setlist "craziness" may be a result.

I think fans definitely get to be disappointed if they choose. I know after seeing the setlist, my neighbor will be quite disappointed... he hates the synth era. Doesn't mean he's "not a fan" because he doesn't like some of their music. Just means he's not a "fanboy" who gushes over everything they ever do.

NOT!

Rules:

:LMAO:

Yeah, it's been like 10 minutes since your last setlist thread... get on it quick before anyone notices

:LMAO:

• Like 1

NOT!

Rules:

The Monkey Wrench Tour!

As requested by :blaze:

Set 1:

Test For Echo

Cold Fire

New World Man

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

Main Monkey Buisness

Monkey Wrench (Foo Fighters Cover)