HoF Acceptance speeches

Snaked

All of the speeches were great - Alex was typiclly silly.

I didn't get the sense that this was a disrespect at all - they all seemed genuinely moved by this whole experience.

Great night for the band and us fans, I wish I was there!

That was hilarious! I wonder how many signs at shows from now on are going to just say "Blah Blah Blah?" :laughing guy:

Rush never gave a rats ass about the award

Ya! Did you notice Neil even grabbed the wrong one. Then he left it on the podium and forgot it was there lol!

• Like 1

I just realized that all this time they've been saying that they're gonna be sweet little Canadians and be gracious.. Alex's part was a little less than gracious!

I guess maybe they meant gracious to the fans etc. I assumed they were talking about the hall.. In fact they didn't even thank the hall haha!

"We've been saying for a long time - years - that this wasn't a big deal. Turns out, it kind of is!"

Don't give a rat's ass? Yeah, I guess Neil's eyes were wet because there was an onion nearby.

Geddy must have been near the same onion too, his eyes were a wee bit wetter than normal for a moment there...

• Like 2

Alex is a Genius! That was the best Speech I've ever heard! He told the RRHOF to F-Off and Thanked everyone without saying a word. Well expcept BLAH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap:

unfortunately I didnt think it was brilliant, witty or funny in any way. I know Alex is the class clown but it seemed imappropriate.

kinda disappointed me.

I'm Sorry you're disappointed!

:sarcastic:

Under the circumstances of their 'delayed' induction into the hall, I think Alex's speech was.....hmmm....appropriate. Mocking the RRHOF in the presence of his peers and fans, all the while pretending to be classy and gracious. Well done Lerxst.
  • Like 2

I get it and Alex was funny for about 10 seconds, but then I got a little embarrassed. It was silly and strange, IMHO.

Well, I thought it was hilarious.

I thought both Geddy and Neil's speeches were beautiful, but Alex is the one I will remember. I almost died laughing.

I showed it to my 12 year old niece, and she was on the floor laughing!

"We've been saying for a long time - years - that this wasn't a big deal. Turns out, it kind of is!"

Don't give a rat's ass? Yeah, I guess Neil's eyes were wet because there was an onion nearby.

Geddy must have been near the same onion too, his eyes were a wee bit wetter than normal for a moment there...

Do you think maybe they were emotional because of the fan presence? If they really valued the award then they probably would have said thank you to the RRHOF but I don't think they did.

I don't think they were choked up about the award.. Geddy was feeling overwhelmed at all the love and Neil was anxious as fukk. Al was being Al. End of story!

• Like 3

Genesis did the same thing when they were inducted in 2010. It's actually funny how close Genesis and Rush's stories are: both were crapped on by the Hall of Fame.

Alex was able to demonstrate exactly how they felt, which was wonderful. It's ridiculous that Madonna and hip hop got into the Hall before those two bands...and Yes and The Moody Blues still aren't in!

Oh ya and I think everyone is misunderstanding what Neil meant with that comment. When he said "turns out, it is a big deal" he was mainly talking about it being a big deal to the fans! It was his comment on the fan support at, and leading up to the event..

• Like 3

Do you think maybe they were emotional because of the fan presence? If they really valued the award then they probably would have said thank you to the RRHOF but I don't think they did.

I don't think they were choked up about the award.. Geddy was feeling overwhelmed at all the love and Neil was anxious as fukk. Al was being Al. End of story!

Yeah exactly, I don't think it had anything to do with the actual induction. I think it had to do with 90% of the audience being there for them, with us waiting for nearly 4-5 hours for their moment, for us cheering with them before Jann could even properly introduce them. All he had to say was that they were from Toronto and we were all on our feet going crazy for a couple of minutes. I think that's what it was all about.

• Like 2

I didn't see watery eyes...not in a sad way, anyhow. Maybe these guys just have watery eyes.

Neil was naturally uncomfortable when he mentioned "those gone." He gets that way anytime that sensitive issue comes up and, as always, he quickly fled from the moment and went on with his speech.

Alex is a Genius! That was the best Speech I've ever heard! He told the RRHOF to F-Off and Thanked everyone without saying a word. Well expcept BLAH!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap:

unfortunately I didnt think it was brilliant, witty or funny in any way. I know Alex is the class clown but it seemed imappropriate.

kinda disappointed me.

I'm Sorry you're disappointed!

:sarcastic:

I'm still driving 13 hours to see them in Portland for the 58th time, so it doesn't make me any less of a fan

Alex could have farted in the mic and you would defend it as sheer brilliance. To each his own.

• Like 2