2013-14 NFL Season Thread

laughedatbytime

Ok, where is all this extra "safety" initiative the league has been talking about. I saw a few games this weekend, and I saw RBs lowering their helmet to blast thru the line, but worst of all, the DBs spearing.

In the GB game, Meriweather smashes Lacy in a deliberate helmet to helmet hit. He wasn't even looking up when he hit him. No flag. Lacy out with a concussion. A few plays later, Starks is in, and Meriweather does the exact same thing to him. But this time, it's Meriweather that's not getting up.

I hate seeing players get hurt, but part of me was thinking "have some sweet justice, you dirty douchebag"

The refs will be screwing up the new rule for a while. RB's are allowed to lower their heads when they're running inside the tackles, but when they're out in the field, they cannot lower their heads. The refs are supposed to constantly monitor when and where the RB's are lowering their heads......after decades of letting them do whatever they want. The new rule is a clusterf*ck.

That said, Meriweather is trying to impersonate Chuck Cecil. What he's doing is spearing - pure and simple. No attempt to actually tackle. He just turns his body into a missle. He's probably too stupid to understand what he's doing wrong....just like Cecil.

Ok, where is all this extra "safety" initiative the league has been talking about. I saw a few games this weekend, and I saw RBs lowering their helmet to blast thru the line, but worst of all, the DBs spearing.

In the GB game, Meriweather smashes Lacy in a deliberate helmet to helmet hit. He wasn't even looking up when he hit him. No flag. Lacy out with a concussion. A few plays later, Starks is in, and Meriweather does the exact same thing to him. But this time, it's Meriweather that's not getting up.

I hate seeing players get hurt, but part of me was thinking "have some sweet justice, you dirty douchebag"

The refs will be screwing up the new rule for a while. RB's are allowed to lower their heads when they're running inside the tackles, but when they're out in the field, they cannot lower their heads. The refs are supposed to constantly monitor when and where the RB's are lowering their heads......after decades of letting them do whatever they want. The new rule is a clusterf*ck.

That said, Meriweather is trying to impersonate Chuck Cecil. What he's doing is spearing - pure and simple. No attempt to actually tackle. He just turns his body into a missle. He's probably too stupid to understand what he's doing wrong....just like Cecil.

When Meriweather bites someone, then we'll know he's turned into Chuck Cecil.

When Meriweather bites someone, then we'll know he's turned into Chuck Cecil.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8QGxMIZoJcQ/UH1es134DXI/AAAAAAAAeHI/2BarokyN5C8/s400/Chuck+Cecil+Green+Bay+PACKERS.jpg

I got flagged again? Who cares??

BROWNS TRADE TRENT RICHARDSON TO COLTS

Cleveland receives Indianapolis' 2014 first-round draft pick in exchange for the running back.

FML

Well, im pretty sure browns are going to draft a QB in next draft, looks like we are starting over

Cleveland receives Indianapolis' 2014 first-round draft pick in exchange for the running back.

FML

Well, im pretty sure browns are going to draft a QB in next draft, looks like we are starting over

Last year when the SAINTS had no first or second round pick I was pretty pissed and had no stake in the first day and half of the draft. So I concentrated on the Browns draft since they always seem to be in rebuild mode, and they had plenty of picks. I put a top mock draft together for them and I was like now if they go with all these picks they're can't go wrong. They started off well picking Richardson then they blew it all by picking Weedon. This put me off the whole thing and I was back to cursing Goodhell... :boohoo: :facepalm:

• Like 1

FML

Last year when the SAINTS had no first or second round pick I was pretty pissed and had no stake in the first day and half of the draft. So I concentrated on the Browns draft since they always seem to be in rebuild mode, and they had plenty of picks. I put a top mock draft together for them and I was like now if they go with all these picks they're can't go wrong. They started off well picking Richardson then they blew it all by picking Weedon. This put me off the whole thing and I was back to cursing Goodhell... :boohoo: :facepalm:

Going into that draft, I was good with taking Trent (although we traded up to the third spot, we probably had him at 5). I was also content with taking Weeden granted it was in the 2nd or third Rd........................

Well, Im pretty sure the browns are going to go for the athletic, mobile QB route. This draft is full of them, its a better crop than last year for sure

FML

How can you tell? :LOL:

FML

It's week 3.

FML

It's week 3.

Odds were this was going to happen at some point this season, I just didnt think it would happen this soon! Richardson was one of the few good blocks we had to work with

And the answer to the question last two weeks,"Where's Richardson no running game ?" has been realized.

The disarray known as the Cleveland Browns continues and the never ending quest for a legit consistently decent QB continues..

I'm glad not a season ticket holder screwing the fans once again. Were rebuilding and don't want to win is the message. The factory of sadness is on suicide watch .... :facepalm:

Edited by softfilter

Will end up being a good thing for the Browns if they land Bridgewater or Manziel. Maybe Colts offense will kick start Richardson's semi- disappointing NFL career so far. Hope he can stay injury free as we already have Ahmad Bradshaw, who is limited in carries right now because of coming off an injury.

What happened was

FML

It's week 3.

Odds were this was going to happen at some point this season, I just didnt think it would happen this soon! Richardson was one of the few good blocks we had to work with

They got worried about how bad the Jags were looking so they decided they had to get worse in a hurry.

Will end up being a good thing for the Browns if they land Bridgewater or Manziel. Maybe Colts offense will kick start Richardson's semi- disappointing NFL career so far. Hope he can stay injury free as we already have Ahmad Bradshaw, who is limited in carries right now because of coming off an injury.

Giving Trent a chance to be productive starts with the offensive line and getting some blocking see at least a little daylight. Big handicap with the Browns, hopefully your right about Cleveland can land a prime QB pick. But damn, how depressing is it knowing they tanked the season already and it's only week three? Edited by softfilter
  • Like 1

I heard they're going to hold open auditions for wideouts before the next Pats home game.

Christ, they might be better at holding onto the ball than these guys not named Edelman. :(

Former Mr. Irrelevant, Ryan Succop.

Is there any way the Browns can make their team a bit worse from any of this? :wacko:

Is Cam Cameron in the house?

Former Mr. Irrelevant, Ryan Succop.

Is there any way the Browns can make their team a bit worse from any of this? :wacko:

Is Cam Cameron in the house?

I think he's at LSU isn't he? :smoke:

Yup.