Do you think This will ever happen.

losingit2k

First of All I would never hope for this, but just speculating. Say Someday for what ever reason Neil calls it quit, do you think geddy and Alex will continue together and tour under a seperate name and play each others solo stuff? The Setlist might look like this:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

Red Barchetta

***Geddy Talks to Crowd: Hello out there! Its great to be Back in (Pick your City). Here are some songs we've never had a chance to play live:

My Favorite Headache (MFH)

Don't Care (Victor)

Cut to the Chase

Sweet Miracle

Promise (Victor)

The Present Tense (MFH)

Headlong Flight

Set 2:

Limelight

The Anarchist

Start Today (Victor)

Wokring At Perfect (MFH)

Chain Lightining

Open Secret

Sending Out A Warning (Victor)

Moving to Bohemia (MFH)

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Mal-Nar

New World Man

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Working Man

What do you think? :huh:

Edited by losingit2k

Does Not seem likely. As they have said before if one wants to quit, then rush is no more, but I can see them doing smaller shows, and maybe single night accoustic sets.
  • Like 1

*vomit* No. You seem to come up with any excuse to make playlists. lol

I think I'm found out! LOL

Getting back on topic, this all came about as I was reading the My Favorite Headache Thread which made me want to listen to MFH which made me crave for Victor which made want to ask the stupid question. I know everyone has responded negetively but looking back after Counterpart when we thought RUSH was no-more. Geddy and Alex didn't waste anytime recording solo albums. So I wouldn't think it is so far out in left field. Granted they are much older now, nearly 20 years older and if Neil decided to call it quits I think they will follow suit.

:codger:

Despite the fact that this most definitely would never happen, that would be a damn good setlist! :drool: Haha

^^^Like the puns. :)

I agree that there's no chance of this happening - if Rush as a trio ended, then the tripod would collapse and be no more in a working band capacity. But I would be interested in this setlist, and wish Geddy had done a little touring when he put out his solo album. Also think I'd like to learn 'The Present Tense' on bass.

I say no as well...

the only thing i could ever see, and its highly improbable, but I leave open the idea of Alex forming some kind of jam band just to have fun, like with the Dexters at the orbit room....

But I don't see it as a formal on the road touring band....

Of the three of them, I see Alex staying active in some capacity longer than Neil and Geddy who both seem like physical limitations will get the best of them before Alex....

Watching Alex and Geddy on stage playing rush material without Neil seems criminal....i mean are they really going to break into 2112 with someone else on drums?

Just don't see it happening....Even if Neil gave his blessing, I just can't picture it...

Would it be possible that Geddy and Alex one day play some 60's classics at some charity event one day, maybe, but not rush material....

:no: :no: :no:

If Geddy wants to come and do a solo show at say... The Santa Barbara Bowl... and do a M&G with me, I'd be OK with that. But I still can't picture Alex and Geddy together without Neil.

• Like 1

Um....no....and again....NO!

RUSH is a band....RUSH is comprised of Alex, Geddy & Neil.

I could see Geddy or Alex potentially touring with their OWN bands...and the slight possibilty that if Geddy plays the "Orbit Room"...Alex stepping up and jamming with them (or Geddy wandering into the Orbit Room and sittingin on a tune) But to tour with each other WITHOUT Neil? seriously doubt it!

If any of them ever leaves that's the end of Rush. I don't think the other 2 guys would want to continue it to be honest.