Do you think This will ever happen.

losingit2k

If any of them ever leaves that's the end of Rush. I don't think the other 2 guys would want to continue it to be honest.

I can't imagine for the life of me. I mean 40+ years together and they're going to break in a real newbie? Right.

They'll look back, call it a great career, and turn entirely to something that's been near and dear to them for years, family.

• Like 1

I think I've been misunderstood. This would not be RUSH. It just would be an entirely new band all together with another drummer say (Mike Portnoy) or someone else capable of playing Rush songs and maybe even a keyboardist.

Ok beat me senseless:

:smash: :16ton: :bitchslap: :bang bang: :poke:

If any of them ever leaves that's the end of Rush. I don't think the other 2 guys would want to continue it to be honest.

I can't imagine for the life of me. I mean 40+ years together and they're going to break in a real newbie? Right.

They'll look back, call it a great career, and turn entirely to something that's been near and dear to them for years, family.

++1

I think I've been misunderstood. This would not be RUSH. It just would be an entirely new band all together with another drummer say (Mike Portnoy) or someone else capable of playing Rush songs and maybe even a keyboardist.

Ok beat me senseless:

Still don't see it. I can see a Rush tribute band ala Brit Floyd or the like, but honestly, it's a lot easier duplicating Waters' and Gilmore's voices than it is Geddy's, eh.

If they cand find a singer, sure, I can see Portnoy doing it, he's probably the closest thing to a real dyed in the wool Neil Peart as they make 'em.

They might need to have a four-man band tho, I mean what are the odds of finding a guitar or bass player that is capable of playing all their stuff flawlessly that can sing like Geddy. I wouldn't even mind seeing a strong-vocaled female instead, ... altho I'm not sure I'd ever go see one of their shows since for me a huge part of it is actually seeing the original trio. No doubt I speak for most true Rush fans. But for a tribute band, ...

For Floyd so much of their show revolves around the actual props and light show and stuff. I'd love to see Brit Floyd, alas, they were just in Baltimore, but I couldn't make it.

BTW, I'd still like to see Rush take a crack at doing Stairway to Heaven live. Man I think that would be sweet! I'm hoping that they might do something like that for their next tour as they likely pare things back a bit.

Ok beat me senseless:

Still don't see it. I can see a Rush tribute band ala Brit Floyd or the like, but honestly, it's a lot easier duplicating Waters' and Gilmore's voices than it is Geddy's, eh.

If they cand find a singer, sure, I can see Portnoy doing it, he's probably the closest thing to a real dyed in the wool Neil Peart as they make 'em.

They might need to have a four-man band tho, I mean what are the odds of finding a guitar or bass player that is capable of playing all their stuff flawlessly that can sing like Geddy. I wouldn't even mind seeing a strong-vocaled female instead, ... altho I'm not sure I'd ever go see one of their shows since for me a huge part of it is actually seeing the original trio. No doubt I speak for most true Rush fans. But for a tribute band, ...

For Floyd so much of their show revolves around the actual props and light show and stuff. I'd love to see Brit Floyd, alas, they were just in Baltimore, but I couldn't make it.

BTW, I'd still like to see Rush take a crack at doing Stairway to Heaven live. Man I think that would be sweet! I'm hoping that they might do something like that for their next tour as they likely pare things back a bit.

They could try it at the RRHOF jam with Heart. Ann wilson can play the flute part!

:codger:

Um....no....and again....NO!

RUSH is a band....RUSH is comprised of Alex, Geddy & Neil.

I could see Geddy or Alex potentially touring with their OWN bands...and the slight possibilty that if Geddy plays the "Orbit Room"...Alex stepping up and jamming with them (or Geddy wandering into the Orbit Room and sittingin on a tune) But to tour with each other WITHOUT Neil? seriously doubt it!

Why Not? These two were friends way before Neil ever came into the picture. Why does everyone think they won't tour together. Remember they wouldn't be touring as RUSH! More like the Plant - Page tour in the 90's.

:haz:

Edited by losingit2k

If i were over 60, and my 40 years old beloved band would stop existing, I'd probably rather be home for dinner.

See this is the best argument yet! But they are musicians and they love to play! But retirement is well welcomed at there age!

:codger:

I say no as well...

the only thing i could ever see, and its highly improbable, but I leave open the idea of Alex forming some kind of jam band just to have fun, like with the Dexters at the orbit room....

But I don't see it as a formal on the road touring band....

Of the three of them, I see Alex staying active in some capacity longer than Neil and Geddy who both seem like physical limitations will get the best of them before Alex....

Watching Alex and Geddy on stage playing rush material without Neil seems criminal....i mean are they really going to break into 2112 with someone else on drums?

Just don't see it happening....Even if Neil gave his blessing, I just can't picture it...

Would it be possible that Geddy and Alex one day play some 60's classics at some charity event one day, maybe, but not rush material....

Well, Alex has performed Rush tunes at the Orbit Room without Geddy and Neil...Tom Sawyer, In The Mood, Limelight, and maybe a couple of others...it's all on youtube. And I seem to remember Geddy making an appearance there on a separate occassion which led to the both of them playing a couple of Rush tunes (and no Neil in sight)

• Like 1

Yeah, that version of Limelight and the other Rush tunes with Lifeson and that bar band are pretty forgettable.

When Geddy was promoting MFH he said in an interview that a small tour in smaller-sized venues wasn't out of the realm of possibility. But, of course, we all know now that it never ended up happening

• Like 1

Yeah, that version of Limelight and the other Rush tunes with Lifeson and that bar band are pretty forgettable.

When Geddy was promoting MFH he said in an interview that a small tour in smaller-sized venues wasn't out of the realm of possibility. But, of course, we all know now that it never ended up happening

But was that cause Neil finally came back and we were given Vapor Trails!

:rush:

Just very sad,man,I can never see it happitin much.Just breaks my heart. Poor,Poor Geddy and Alex!!!! And I never seen them live,yet!!!!!!!

;( ;(

Awww,thanks you ShslappinDahBass!!!! But I miss them the last time they were here

But Rush is the greatist Band on earth!!!!!! :)

• Like 1