RUSH on SNL

ACL

Wait a minute, SNL is still on the air? I thought it officially died when Tina Fey left.

It officially died when Chevy Chase left.

It officially died when Dan Akroyd left.

It officially died when Dana Carvey left.

It officially died when Will Ferrell left.

It officially died when Jimmy Fallon left.

It officially died when Tina Fey left.

• Like 2

I think Rush has been offered to be on the show in the past.They have all talked about offers from these type of shows over the years, but felt it just didnt fit their style. In fact, I think it's a big reason why they got the Rock hall snub for so long. Think about how popular Rush were back in the early to mid 80s. I'm thinking shows like Letterman probably sent an invite. And who is the leader of Lettermans band, who also has SNL and Rick hall connections? Paul Shaffer. I think Rush burnt some bridges over the years. Edited by Xanadoood

Two things -

One, Kristen Wiig is the funniest woman on the planet... (Is she still on SNL? I haven't watched the show for a while.)

And two, I wouldn't be surprised if Rush did appear on SNL, now that they're in the hall and with the tour starting up again. I think they should do it if offered. They would tear the place up. If SNL is "good enough" for the Stones and U2, it's good enough for Rush.

I'm going to go and hide now so none of you can find me...

• Like 1

I think Rush has been offered to be on the show in the past.They have all talked about offers from these type of shows over the years, but felt it just didnt fit their style. In fact, I think it's a big reason why they got the Rock hall snub for so long. Think about how popular Rush were back in the early to mid 80s. I'm thinking shows like Letterman probably sent an invite. And who is the leader of Lettermans band, who also has SNL and Rick hall connections? Paul Shaffer. I think Rush burnt some bridges over the years.

Screw Artie Fufkin and Polymer Records!:blaze:

Kristin Wiig left the end of last season...

It's a shame. Anyone know why she left? She was one of my favorites.

Bridesmaids was a huge hit and it was her time!

Loved her too, but Jan Hooks will always be my fave!

People have been saying SNL sucks and will never match their "classic period" for 30 years.

People have been saying Rush sucks and will never match their "classic period" for 30 years.

Sounds like a good match to me.

People have been saying SNL sucks and will never match their "classic period" for 30 years.

People have been saying Rush sucks and will never match their "classic period" for 30 years.

Sounds like a good match to me.

:LOL:

:goodone: