Counterparts - Please Read

fenderjazz

Hi All,

We have had a loss of our server and all of it's data apparently. First and foremost I'm sorry for anyone who depends on us for this happening. Counterparts is run by people who care, but who also have real world lives and who are not infallible. Thank you for being our friends. We are discussing what to do next, whether to rebuild or do something else or nothing at all. Your comments and thoughts mean a lot to us, and I'm sorry, personally if I have let you down. I consider you all part of my extended family. Whether we agreed on things, or vehemently disagreed on things, or barely registered on each others' radar, I still care about you all very much.

I'll post here and on the CP Facebook page and twitter when we have come to a decision and post it https://www.facebook.com/CounterpartsMessageBoard

Please continue with your thoughts and ideas here and there and we will regroup and figure out something

Thank you so much for your patience!

Fenderjazz and all of us who run Counterparts (rushmessageboard.com)

• Like 2

Hi All,

We have had a loss of our server and all of it's data apparently. First and foremost I'm sorry for anyone who depends on us for this happening. Counterparts is run by people who care, but who also have real world lives and who are not infallible. Thank you for being our friends. We are discussing what to do next, whether to rebuild or do something else or nothing at all. Your comments and thoughts mean a lot to us, and I'm sorry, personally if I have let you down. I consider you all part of my extended family. Whether we agreed on things, or vehemently disagreed on things, or barely registered on each others' radar, I still care about you all very much.

I'll post here and on the CP Facebook page and twitter when we have come to a decision and post it https://www.facebook.com/CounterpartsMessageBoard

Please continue with your thoughts and ideas here and there and we will regroup and figure out something

Thank you so much for your patience!

Fenderjazz and all of us who run Counterparts (rushmessageboard.com)

If you need any help give me a shout Joe.

• Like 1

That is too bad and I'm sorry to hear that. It is difficult for all of the users and frustrating for technicians/administrators. A lot of time and love goes into maintaining these boards. I hope it all works out for you and for CP.
  • Like 1

How in the name of Jerry Christ could this happen..... again?? After last time, how could there not be some level of data backup? Maintaining the database side of a message board must be far more complicated than I understand.

Anyway, if all this is true and not some desperate ploy to kill off CP (remember Ken wanting to shut it down?), then it sucks to start over but CP must live on. Please let me know what I can do to help, so long as it doesn't involve any money or time. Keep us "posted." Haha, get it?

In CPv3.0, everything will be perfect. No flame wars, bygones will be bygones. Everyone will start fresh. Nick will say nice things about New Rush, RR will be back and he and Slim will be best friends, it will just all be so neat. I'm looking forward to it. 3rd time is the charm.
  • Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear that. I am a member of both boards but obviously spend most time here. CP is a great site (notice use of present tense - I'm sure you'll get something figured out), though - TRF is just a better fit for me! Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

In CPv3.0, everything will be perfect. No flame wars, bygones will be bygones. Everyone will start fresh. Nick will say nice things about New Rush, RR will be back and he and Slim will be best friends, it will just all be so neat. I'm looking forward to it. 3rd time is the charm.

indeed. Grizz will rise from the dead, revealing the Truth about 9/11 Truthers. Ouchie will return as a gentile anti-semite being treated for Asperger's. DotS will type and talk like a normal person so that I may take her off Ignore. And Manic will return as the best AL moderator ever. It will be a little slice of cyber-heaven.

indeed. Grizz will rise from the dead, revealing the Truth about 9/11 Truthers. Ouchie will return as a gentile anti-semite being treated for Asperger's. DotS will type and talk like a normal person so that I may take her off Ignore. And Manic will return as the best AL moderator ever. It will be a little slice of cyber-heaven.

And you will be nice to Al! Maybe even Hemi will come back, driving his Illegal-Immigrant Welcome-Wagon!

Just think, the entire Elevatorgate thread is gone. The world is a better place for that.

Too bad the entire interweb cannot be erased and rebooted.

• Like 1

And you will be nice to Al! Maybe even Hemi will come back, driving his Illegal-Immigrant Welcome-Wagon!

Just think, the entire Elevatorgate thread is gone. The world is a better place for that.

Too bad the entire interweb cannot be erased and rebooted.

I was hoping ATW would join Hemi, actually. Oh, well... can't have everything, I guess. :laughing guy:

Here's hoping *some* version of CP comes back to life

• Like 1

So. . .are you gonna drag reani14, aka ronniegardocki, over with you?
  • Like 1

And you will be nice to Al!

Well let's not get carried away.

As long as you're still my bitch, I'm down with that.

• Like 1