Who Is The Greatest Vocal Frontman (Or Woman) Of All Time?

RUSHHEAD666

I have not read any of this thread, but I will say Freddie Mercury. Best voice in Rock and Roll ever. Great Stage presence. Wish I'd seen him.
  • Like 2

I have not read any of this thread, but I will say Freddie Mercury. Best voice in Rock and Roll ever. Great Stage presence. Wish I'd seen him.

Good choice brother! I never saw him either! Damn!

Never saw him either (rats!!!), but in my book Freddie is unmatchable and in a class by himself... I just hope the movie coming out next year about him is good and well received!

Tommy Shaw! NOT DENNIS DEYOUNG!

DeYoung had a few good songs (especially on the Wooden Nickel albums) but Tommy Shaw is where it's at for the classic albums! :haz: He still rocks today :yes: :D

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

Of the people I've seen live in person:

David Lee Roth

Of the people I've seen only on video:

Jim Morrison

I am a HUGE Morrison fan as well as a huge fan of The Doors with him. But, his live poerformances were notoriously uneven depending basically on how much he had to drink before the show. If you've seen the Live At The Hollywood Bowl DVD I think that's a night that shows the 'good' Jim as he was tripped out of his mind that night but not drunk. It's one of my favorite Doors vids and all of their performances are quite good. Highly recommended.

Edited by driventotheedge

Of the people I've seen live in person:

David Lee Roth

Of the people I've seen only on video:

Jim Morrison

I am a HUGE Morrison fan as well as a huge fan of The Doors with him. But, his live poerformances were notoriously uneven depending basically on how much he had to drink before the show. If you've seen the Live At The Hollywood Bowl DVD I think that's a night that shows the 'good' Jim as he was tripped out of his mind that night but not drunk. It's one of my favorite Doors vids and all of their performances are quite good. Highly recommended.

I actually should have mentioned that. Just seeing the Doors movie (Val Kilmer) is enough to know that his performances must have been wildly uneven. I guess I should clarify that at his best he was one of the greatest.

I could easily say the same of David Lee Roth. When I saw him in 1983 he was brilliant and amazing. When I saw him in 1984 he was kind of obnoxious.

It's an interesting correlation. Of course between the two, Jim Morrison was far more interesting and profound than DLR could ever aspire to be.

Of course between the two, Jim Morrison was far more interesting and profound than DLR could ever aspire to be.

:yes:

And btw, I thought Kilmer's portrayal was Oscar worthy, it was that good. The movie itself was OK, but he was freakin' excellent.

Edited by driventotheedge