Don Henley at RRHOF Induction - Awkward

ThinkingBig

For those who don't know, some years back, Don Henley pissed on RUSH in a mean spirited and arrogant way in an interview he gave about why the Eagles got back together. He said something like "Why would bands like RUSH regroup, yuck." I guess he was unaware they never broke up.

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201301/2597.f.jpg

I'm guessing we now know who is introducing RUSH, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins. Kind of a let down if you ask me.

I was hoping for Jimmy Page and Roger Waters.

For those who don't know, some years back, Don Henley pissed on RUSH in a mean spirited and arrogant way in an interview he gave about why the Eagles got back together. He said something like "Why would bands like RUSH regroup, yuck." I guess he was unaware they never broke up.

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201301/2597.f.jpg

I'm guessing we now know who is introducing RUSH, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins. Kind of a let down if you ask me.

I was hoping for Jimmy Page and Roger Waters.

Wow, I hope not. It does say, however, "With more to be announced," so that is far from definitive information.

Edited in from Rushisaband:

UPDATE - 1/21@3:45PM: Heart has posted a promotional poster for the Rock Hall induction ceremony to their Facebook page. The poster lists special guests John Mayer, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Don Henley, Gary Clark Jr., Usher, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins with more to be announced later. The fact that Grohl and Hawkins are included in this list tells me that the Foo Fighters will likely perform and might be inducting Rush. Thanks to Future Rock Legends for the heads up.
Edited by rushgoober

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-o7_VVAoU

This is the sound of my brain.

Then I said, this is the sound of my brain on Don Henley!

Then I said, 1 2 3 4...

He's a tortured artist

Used to be in the Eagles

Now he whines

Like a wounded beagle

Poet of despair!

Pumped up with hot air!

He's serious, pretentious

And I just don't care

Don Henley must die!

Don't let him get back together

With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!

Turn on the TV

And what did I see?

This bloated hairy thing

Winning a Grammy

Best Rock Vocalist?

Compared to what?

But your pseudo-serious

Crafty Satanic blot

Don Henley must die!

Put a sharp stick in his eye!

Don Henley must die!

Yea yea yea

Quit playin' that crap

You're out of the band

I'm only kidding

Can't you tell?

I love his sensitive music

Idiot poetry, swell

You and your kind

Are killing rock and roll

It's not because you are O L D

It's cause you ain't got no soul!

Don't be afraid of fun

Loosen up your ponytail!

Be wild, young, free and dumb

Get your head out of your tail

Don Henley must die!

With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!

Put him in the electric chair

Watch him fry!

Don Henley must die

Don Henley must die

No Eagles reunion

The same goes for you, Sting!

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-o7_VVAoU

This is the sound of my brain.

Then I said, this is the sound of my brain on Don Henley!

Then I said, 1 2 3 4...

He's a tortured artist

Used to be in the Eagles

Now he whines

Like a wounded beagle

Poet of despair!

Pumped up with hot air!

He's serious, pretentious

And I just don't care

Don Henley must die!

With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!

Turn on the TV

And what did I see?

This bloated hairy thing

Winning a Grammy

Best Rock Vocalist?

Compared to what?

But your pseudo-serious

Crafty Satanic blot

Don Henley must die!

Put a sharp stick in his eye!

Don Henley must die!

Yea yea yea

Quit playin' that crap

You're out of the band

I'm only kidding

Can't you tell?

I love his sensitive music

Idiot poetry, swell

You and your kind

Are killing rock and roll

It's not because you are O L D

It's cause you ain't got no soul!

Don't be afraid of fun

Loosen up your ponytail!

Be wild, young, free and dumb

Get your head out of your tail

Don Henley must die!

With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!

Put him in the electric chair

Watch him fry!

Don Henley must die

Don Henley must die

No Eagles reunion

The same goes for you, Sting!

I hope RUSH covers this great song for the RRHOF induction. Lerxst singing of course.

Don Henley hasnt done anything beyond vapid AOR pop crap since the Eagles, yeah he made lots of money. but thats what can happen when you sell out your soul for airplay and MTV hits. Like Geddy said a long time ago, "Certainly some bands have gone back to the basics kinda thing, but those are that bands that cant do anything but play basics..."
  • Like 1

wow, i'm surprised at the level of hate for don henley :huh:

i'm not saying i'm a fan or anything, i just don't care about him at all.

if pressed on the issue, i guess i'd say i think the boys of summer is a really good song, and i enjoy it when i come across it every year or two on the radio or on tv or in a movie. hotel california is also a cool song.

otherwise i just don't think about don henley in any way, shape or form.

always hated all that crap he put out he milked out in the 80s

P.S. Stupid shit people said years ago is of no consequence today.

Does Henley even remember saying it? I doubt it.....unless people keep bringing it up to him....

Tom Petty once wrote a song in which he said he was sick of Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo.....it was a random selection of people he saw in the news, on TV.....

John Belushi once talked about being tired of listening to Rod Stewart.....

SO WHAT? Everyone should lighten up, grow thicker skin, yada yada yada..... :codger: :codger:

Does Henley even remember saying it? I doubt it.....unless people keep bringing it up to him....

Tom Petty once wrote a song in which he said he was sick of Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo.....it was a random selection of people he saw in the news, on TV.....

John Belushi once talked about being tired of listening to Rod Stewart.....

SO WHAT? Everyone should lighten up, grow thicker skin, yada yada yada..... :codger: :codger:

thats no fun, what would we yell about? I also think theres a fair amount of dismissal and disdain most of us RUSH fans have had to bear going back as far as 30 years worth for some of us. So when someone who has put out the churned butter Henley has to great critical acclaim says shit like that, its fun and somewhat validating for us to call him out for it.

and are jimmy page and roger waters rush fans or something? I havent heard anything

Jimmy Page definitely is, I remember reading that bio on Led Zep" Hammer Of The Gods"? the author at one point said something like" Page had particular praise for the dreaded Canadian power trio Rush" Also there's a youtube clip where Alex & Geddy discussed talking for a long while backstage in Toronto with Plant and Page right before Robert & Jimmy where just about to start there concert.... I never heard anything about Roger Waters being a Rush fan, and really my bet is he's not just a hunch could be wrong.

wow, i'm surprised at the level of hate for don henley :huh:

i'm not saying i'm a fan or anything, i just don't care about him at all.

if pressed on the issue, i guess i'd say i think the boys of summer is a really good song, and i enjoy it when i come across it every year or two on the radio or on tv or in a movie. hotel california is also a cool song.

otherwise i just don't think about don henley in any way, shape or form.

The Boys Of Summer was only good because of the mighty Mike Campbell :yes:

so no one knows why roger waters should induct rush?

My guess is Thinking Big might presume Waters is a Rush fan cause Pink Floyd close to the same old school prog concept genre as Rush was? :huh: Although Rush and in particular Geddy stated Yes and Chris Squire huge influence and a fan of there music. Chris hates Rush... Don't know what that has anything to do with the subject but thought i'd just throw that in! :P Edited by softfilter

Hopefully, Rush fans will remind him when he takes the stage. Oh yes they will!!

RUSH folks need to make sure that place is packed with our people.

Chris hates Rush... Don't know what that has anything to do with the subject but thought i'd just throw that in! :P

Really he does? Why?

Discussed on TRF several years ago so the exact detail on why is vague at this point. But someone that was involved with music industry posted at record company party which Squire attended, Rush was played on the sound system. Chris i guess complained and went on how much he disliked Rush..

I actually dug a lot of Henley's 80's music, and I thought that Building the Perfect Beast was a masterpiece, with a truly underrated gem in Sunset Grill. On the other hand, End of the Innocence was pretty vapid AOR music,

His material from that era neither did it for me nor put me off. However, "Heart of the Matter" from Hell Freezes Over live was excellent.. imho.

and are jimmy page and roger waters rush fans or something? I havent heard anything

Jimmy Page definitely is, I remember reading that bio on Led Zep" Hammer Of The Gods"? the author at one point said something like" Page had particular praise for the dreaded Canadian power trio Rush" Also there's a youtube clip where Alex & Geddy discussed talking for a long while backstage in Toronto with Plant and Page right before Robert & Jimmy where just about to start there concert.... I never heard anything about Roger Waters being a Rush fan, and really my bet is he's not just a hunch could be wrong.

And I recall Alex talking about Roger Waters and the two of them discussing using acoustic guitars when writing new music which lead to much of Snakes & Arrows being composed on acoustic.

Perhaps it was nothing more than a conversation, or maybe I'm misremembering.

I actually dug a lot of Henley's 80's music, and I thought that Building the Perfect Beast was a masterpiece, with a truly underrated gem in Sunset Grill. On the other hand, End of the Innocence was pretty vapid AOR music,

Nice call on Sunset Grill!