Don Henley at RRHOF Induction - Awkward

ThinkingBig

Chris hates Rush... Don't know what that has anything to do with the subject but thought i'd just throw that in! :P

Really he does? Why?

I though Chris was influenced by Rush..?

and are jimmy page and roger waters rush fans or something? I havent heard anything

Jimmy Page definitely is, I remember reading that bio on Led Zep" Hammer Of The Gods"? the author at one point said something like" Page had particular praise for the dreaded Canadian power trio Rush" Also there's a youtube clip where Alex & Geddy discussed talking for a long while backstage in Toronto with Plant and Page right before Robert & Jimmy where just about to start there concert.... I never heard anything about Roger Waters being a Rush fan, and really my bet is he's not just a hunch could be wrong.

And I recall Alex talking about Roger Waters and the two of them discussing using acoustic guitars when writing new music which lead to much of Snakes & Arrows being composed on acoustic.

Perhaps it was nothing more than a conversation, or maybe I'm misremembering.

I believe it was Gilmour, not Waters.

and are jimmy page and roger waters rush fans or something? I havent heard anything

Jimmy Page definitely is, I remember reading that bio on Led Zep" Hammer Of The Gods"? the author at one point said something like" Page had particular praise for the dreaded Canadian power trio Rush" Also there's a youtube clip where Alex & Geddy discussed talking for a long while backstage in Toronto with Plant and Page right before Robert & Jimmy where just about to start there concert.... I never heard anything about Roger Waters being a Rush fan, and really my bet is he's not just a hunch could be wrong.

And I recall Alex talking about Roger Waters and the two of them discussing using acoustic guitars when writing new music which lead to much of Snakes & Arrows being composed on acoustic.

Maybe you're right, thanks for the correction.

I tried to search for it, but didn't come up with anything. I do recall it was radio interview with Alex, a rather long one.

I just had a funny thought, someone has said Chris Cornell will be inducting Heart, but shouldn't it be a woman.

What if it was Joan Jett??

Joan Jett and Don Henley in the same after party as RUSH. Classic!! Give Lerxst a few drinks and watch the show after the show.

Lerxst would have to announce that he's auctioning off the guitar Joan Jett pissed on on eBay—money to go to a charity for Runaways.

• Like 2

Don Henley was an ass all the way back in the 70's and probably still is. I like his music and Eagles music but after reading Don Felder's book it is all too apparent just how full of himself Don is. My guess is he hated on Rush because he couldn't even begin to play that stuff. I think Felder even said in the book that Don used to hate on drummers who were superior.

Maybe you're right, thanks for the correction.

I tried to search for it, but didn't come up with anything. I do recall it was radio interview with Alex, a rather long one.

Lifeson in 07: "This time we made a conscious effort to write acoustically," Lifeson says. "It takes you in a different direction. The acoustic is such an organic instrument, and it touches you in a different place than an electric guitar would. I went to see (Pink Floyd's) David Gilmour last summer, I had the great pleasure of meeting him for the first time, and we chatted backstage about writing on acoustic. He said, 'Yeah, I write everything on acoustic, that's where I'm connected to my heart.' "

• Like 1

Years ago Henley was a guest speaker at my high school alma mater charitable event for Walden pond and a music awareness program for students. Don was suppose to give a half hour to 45 minute presentation. Instead he was there for only ten minutes and new paper reported he was rude and acted annoyed. Saying he had other obligations and couldn't stay.
  • Like 1

Should any of you good people ever bump in Mr. Henley, or Glenn Frey, for that matter, please kick them in the nuts. You must also shout at the top of your voice, "HOW'S THAT FOR A PEACEFUL EASY FEELING, MUTHAF*CKER!!!!!!"

And, when they're on the ground, writhing in bollock-ravaged agony, please whisper in their ear, "that's for Take It Easy, prick".

Henley's views on Rush are not important. His crimes against music are.

• Like 5

so no one knows why roger waters should induct rush?

My guess is Thinking Big might presume Waters is a Rush fan cause Pink Floyd close to the same old school prog concept genre as Rush was? :huh: Although Rush and in particular Geddy stated Yes and Chris Squire huge influence and a fan of there music. Chris hates Rush... Don't know what that has anything to do with the subject but thought i'd just throw that in! :P

Chris Squire only likes one thing, and one thing only.

Pie.

• Like 1

Should any of you good people ever bump in Mr. Henley, or Glenn Frey, for that matter, please kick them in the nuts. You must also shout at the top of your voice, "HOW'S THAT FOR A PEACEFUL EASY FEELING, MUTHAF*CKER!!!!!!"

And, when they're on the ground, writhing in bollock-ravaged agony, please whisper in their ear, "that's for Take It Easy, prick".

I love it when the Irish curbstomp punks...it's downright poetic sometimes
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_XEwgfmDk

I guess Don Henley is more like the way he is portrayed in Yacht Rock than I initially thought. What a jerk. Felder and Walsh are pretty much the only reason I can stand some Eagles stuff.

As a side note check out the other episodes of Yacht Rock too, if you haven't seen 'em. Funny stuff.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-o7_VVAoU

This is the sound of my brain.

Then I said, this is the sound of my brain on Don Henley!

Then I said, 1 2 3 4...

He's a tortured artist

Used to be in the Eagles

Now he whines

Like a wounded beagle

Poet of despair!

Pumped up with hot air!

He's serious, pretentious

And I just don't care

Don Henley must die!

Don't let him get back together

With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!

Turn on the TV

And what did I see?

This bloated hairy thing

Winning a Grammy

Best Rock Vocalist?

Compared to what?

But your pseudo-serious

Crafty Satanic blot

Don Henley must die!

Put a sharp stick in his eye!

Don Henley must die!

Yea yea yea

Quit playin' that crap

You're out of the band

I'm only kidding

Can't you tell?

I love his sensitive music

Idiot poetry, swell

You and your kind

Are killing rock and roll

It's not because you are O L D

It's cause you ain't got no soul!

Don't be afraid of fun

Loosen up your ponytail!

Be wild, young, free and dumb

Get your head out of your tail

Don Henley must die!

Don't let him get back together

With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!

Put him in the electric chair

Watch him fry!

Don Henley must die

Don Henley must die

No Eagles reunion

The same goes for you, Sting!

This is the song I've heard in my head for the last 20 years every time I hear Don Henley's name. Excellent reference, Mara. :) :cheers:

:ebert: :LOL: Now I'll hear this song, too. Thanks, LABT! :LOL:

:rfl: Although I like some of The Eagles music and respect Henley's resume, I know what you're saying.