NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Melrose picks the Bruins to win. I think the Hawks have an advantage up front. They also have the better top 6 defensemen. In goal you can give the edge to Boston but Crawford had to deal with that same assessment during the Detroit and Los Angeles match-ups. Say it ain't so, Barry.

To two of my favorite fellow posters, ILS and BHR, I say I'm glad that it's your team and mine left standing.

Let's get it on, boys!

I hate to have you as the enemy for the next few weeks but I'm glad we at least won't lose to the Penguins. Let's have a great (clean :P ) series.

:cheers:

Melrose picks the Bruins to win. I think the Hawks have an advantage up front. They also have the better top 6 defensemen. In goal you can give the edge to Boston but Crawford had to deal with that same assessment during the Detroit and Los Angeles match-ups. Say it ain't so, Barry.

I've always though Melrose had an ECF bias..

I think the Hawks have to be the favorite. While the Bruins just dismantled a somewhat similar team, Crawford is stronger than Vokoun or Fleury. The Bruins are rolling, but I don't buy that momentum carries over from series to series.

But I sure hope Barry's right. :D

I think the Hawks have to be the favorite. While the Bruins just dismantled a somewhat similar team, Crawford is stronger than Vokoun or Fleury. The Bruins are rolling, but I don't buy that momentum carries over from series to series.

And it's not like the Bruins have been scoring in the last two games, at home I might add. Now they'll be going up against a much better defensive team. My worry is that Boston has about three Dustin Browns on its team. If our stars start going down, a repeat from 2010 may become problematic...

Let's go Bruins!!!

:cool:

They're coming out of the woodwork. :scared:

Ugghhh, Boston...if it's not the Bruins it's the Sox..... :rage: :banghead:

RNB must be on Cloud 9 right now, right Rick???

Isn't Melrose the type of guy that you're happy when he picks the other team?

• Like 1

Good point. But he was right in 2010. :atickhum:

Good point. But he was right in 2010. :atickhum:

Some things are obvious to even the most obtuse.

I love my job 99% of the time but last night I got called out for a hotshot(out of town delivery) at 8PM. Which was two minutes after the Kings tied the game. Drove 750KM over 9 hours and spent one hour looking for people at the mill. Made $400 for 9 hours work which is great but I missed Overtime. :rage: :rage: :rage:

And it's not like the Bruins have been scoring in the last two games, at home I might add. Now they'll be going up against a much better defensive team. My worry is that Boston has about three Dustin Browns on its team. If our stars start going down, a repeat from 2010 may become problematic...

Rask and Crawford have remarkably similar stats for the post season this year. The Bruins aren't going to win 6-5 games against the Hawks. Like they did with the Pingus, they need to be physical with Toews and Co. and hope for low scoring games.

My son was initially torn when the Hawks clinched Saturday night, (we only stayed up for the first OT, so he actually learned Sunday morning), so deep is his love for Jimmy Hayes. When I explained to him that if the Hawks win there's no parade in Boston, he came to his senses. His "Hayes 39," Robert's avatar, and green Hawks "Old Time Hockey" t-shirts probably get a break the next couple of weeks.

I hate to be a homer here, but I just don't see the Bruins having the fire power that the Blackhawks have. The Bruins don't have anyone on the offensive side of the ice that have the skills that Toews, Kane, or Hossa posses, and the Hawks have the best defense in the league. I know Boston has been playing outstanding, but I don't think they have seen anything like the Hawks yet. :haz:

I hate to be a homer here, but I just don't see the Bruins having the fire power that the Blackhawks have. The Bruins don't have anyone on the offensive side of the ice that have the skills that Toews, Kane, or Hossa posses, and the Hawks have the best defense in the league. I know Boston has been playing outstanding, but I don't think they have seen anything like the Hawks yet. :haz:

Sidney Crosby? Evgeni Malkin? Jarome Iginla? Phil Kessel? Sure they have.

As far as "the best defense in the league" goes, well, the Bruins just held the best offensive team in the post season to two goals in four games.

As far as "the best defense in the league" goes, well, the Bruins just held the best offensive team in the post season to two goals in four games.

The Penguins were their own worst enemy in that series. They completely imploded. The Hawks have played one more game than the Bruins in the playoffs, and have only allowed 3 more goals.

And I wasn't referring to firepower that the Bruins have faced. I was referring to firepower on the roster. ;)

Edited by ILSnwdog

Melrose picks the Bruins to win because that is what Easternseaboard Sports Network wants them to do. ;)

• Like 1

The Penguins were their own worst enemy in that series. They completely imploded. The Hawks have played one more game than the Bruins in the playoffs, and have only allowed 3 more goals.

And I wasn't referring to firepower that the Bruins have faced. I was referring to firepower on the roster. ;)

You said they hadn't seen anything like the Hawks. I was pointing out that they've already played plenty of offensive studs.

The Penguins didn't implode. They got smothered. That's what Julien's teams do. If any team hasn't played against one similar to what they face now, it's the Hawks. The Bruins are the most physical defensive team in the league.

You said they hadn't seen anything like the Hawks. I was pointing out that they've already played plenty of offensive studs.

The Penguins didn't implode. They got smothered. That's what Julien's teams do. If any team hasn't played against one similar to what they face now, it's the Hawks. The Bruins are the most physical defensive team in the league.

Care to make this series interesting? :eh:

Oooh. What did you have in mind?

Oooh. What did you have in mind?

I could send you a couple of these if the Bruins win.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Ginoseastdeepdish.jpg/220px-Ginoseastdeepdish.jpg