What will they play at Induction?

Anarchist

What about the last song where they all do something together? Working Man...

I've been trying to figure out how they can do a performance along with some of the other inductees... It's hard, maybe Roll the Bones with Public Enemy doing the rap part?

Chuck D might be too cool for that rap part. He'd be like, "You want me to rap THIS, Dog?"

chuck d might actually like some old rush, add a rap-off between chuck d and alex during la villa?

Am I the only one who thinks they should play The Garden?

nope! that's the song I picked the last time we had a thread like this...

:cheers:

The Garden would be great!

I can totally see them playing something that has never gotten any radio play and that most of the audience will have never heard of instead of the radio hits.

I don't see them doing that. I think they'll wanna get in and get out

The Yukon Blade Grinder reported this—and they always get it right—TM

"According to Billboard magazine, “Something for Nothing” and a surprise cover song not written by the band, “Three is a Magic Number”, will be performed by hometown charity and pet project of the band, the vaunted Toronto Urban Resource Development League. Members will perform alongside legendary Atlanta gospel group The Church on Fire Choir. Reports are they will be performing with the Geddy, Alex and Neil during their acoustic set. This choice makes even the curmudgeonliest of Yukon Blade Grinder reporters think “Wow! Those guys still blow up boundaries, perceptions, and stereotypes don’t they? Not bad for sexagenarians.”

Not to be outdone by children and a choir from Atlanta, Canadian Minister of Electronic Music, Rik Emmett, will be lead the tribute band with immortals such as Sebastian Bach, Foo Fighter alumnus Taylor Hawkins, Toronto legends Bryan Adams and John Roberts, and finally bassist Les Claypool. Right now the band, known only as “Back Bacon”, is working on a medley rumored to contain classics such as: Working Man, Anthem, Spirit of Radio, Red Barchetta, Time Stand Still (with Canadian songbird Ann Murray), and Roll the Bones. The only certainty is Seven Cities of Gold, of which says Emmett, “Sebastian said that he would eat a dog penis on stage if we played that song, so we’re up for that.”

I hope they play the Garden to squash some of the stereotypes that rrhof has and to show them that Rush knows how to write a "real" song if you know what I mean.

For the second song they should play Headlong flight to remind them what Rush is all about and that they can rock the house down! (headlong flight also for all the reasons already stated in this thread!)

• Like 1

They should NOT give them two songs from moving pictures and I doubt they will because that would be a big step backwards!

I think, regardless of how many songs they get, "YYZ" should be played. It's commercial enough where people will know it, and it's technical enough to show just why they deserve to be in there.

I couldn't agree more.

I hope they play the Garden to squash some of the stereotypes that rrhof has and to show them that Rush knows how to write a "real" song if you know what I mean........

Great idea. :yes:

What makes The Garden any more "real" a song than any of their others?

The more I think about this, the more I think they should play Natural Science.

It shows their chops as musicians, plus there's a not so subtle dig at critics, as well as a great exposition on the purposes of art, that would make this song, of all of them, mildly subversive to be played at the RRHOF induction ceremony.

Come on boys, play Nat Sci!

Alex said in the Eddie Trunk interview "discussing some interesting ideas".... (or something like that)

Sounds like Flavor Flav might be joining them for Tom Sawyer remix.

Many diehard rush fans may blow a gasket, however I'll remind you Rush are:

**polite Canadians

**good sports

**never afraid to try something new

**great sense of humor

**never take themselves too seriously...

I'm guessing the grand finale will involved Heart and Rush playing Led Zeps Rock and Roll. That's the obvious choice since Heart has already covered it and Rush are fans of Led Zep. And the song is a classic. And Neil can solo at the end.

They should and i think they will play both Spirit of Radio and Limelight.

Spirit of Radio is a direct FU to the music business, like the one that held up their nomination for over a decade and limelight is what sets them apart from all the posers. There will be a lot of 'those who wish to seem" in that audience.

Both songs rock, are commercial successes and the lyrics are some of the most meaningful to their career and apply well to the whole RRHOF situation.

I think they should play all of the Fountain of Lamneth, and then on the encore (which they'll get) they should play the Necromancer...

Yep...