TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The speed is still an issue with me. Haven't had any change from yesterday. Maybe I just need to clear my Internet cache or whatever. default/moose.gif

Speed is definitely better than it was early yesterday, but it still isn't up to our standards. It hangs up whenever you go into a forum from the main page. We might have to consider other hosting options if tweaks don't improve it.

The speed is still an issue with me. Haven't had any change from yesterday. Maybe I just need to clear my Internet cache or whatever. default/moose.gif

Speed is definitely better than it was early yesterday, but it still isn't up to our standards. It hangs up whenever you go into a forum from the main page. We might have to consider other hosting options if tweaks don't improve it.

What's a hosting option?

Hosting refers to the place where the site is physically installed, like a computer or server, and the company that runs those servers. If the machine the board is on is not fast enough, it will result in slow performance like we've been seeing here.

We just made a major adjustment to the server. How's it running, peeps?

Seems about the same to me, maybe al ittle slower coming off the main page to a subforum. Was it just me, or was the site down for a bit? I got a message "Welcome to NGINX!"

What's a hosting option?

Hosting refers to the place where the site is physically installed, like a computer or server, and the company that runs those servers. If the machine the board is on is not fast enough, it will result in slow performance like we've been seeing here.

Seems about the same to me, maybe al ittle slower coming off the main page to a subforum. Was it just me, or was the site down for a bit? I got a message "Welcome to NGINX!"

I think it was down - I got the same message. And Bad Gateway 502.

What's a hosting option?

I think it was down - I got the same message. And Bad Gateway 502.

Yes, it was down for a bit. That was the major adjustment I was referring to up there.

Yeah, seems about the same, especially going into a forum from the main page.

Yes, it was down for a bit. That was the major adjustment I was referring to up there.

Yeah, seems about the same, especially going into a forum from the main page.

Reply seems WAY faster though.

Can we post links and pics yet?

Not yet. Have repair tickets out for that. Waiting to hear back from them.

Can we post links and pics yet?

Not yet. Have repair tickets out for that. Waiting to hear back from them.

Cool.

Can someone explain the 'Like This' tag? Actually, I get it - it means if you like someone's post it shows up as a positive thing. It's this bit: I just tried to 'like' someone's post and a caption came up with:

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I don't get it.

I just tried liking your post -- my first time trying the Like function -- and it gave me the same message. I don't get it either.

www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78467&st=260#entry2787179

Right now if you attempt to drag a link or copy and paste one the board will eliminate it so to post a link you have to go old school. Leave off the "www" or the more common "https" and type, yes by hand, the link. Tell folks what to add as in: xxx.yahoo.com (add "www" at the beginning). Not everyone is going to want to do that because links are quite complicated these days. You can copy and paste everything after the "https". I tried that and it works. I was doing it to share boots in Different Stages so I had to rack my brain to remember how we did it back in the day.

Such cute little operating systems and servers. Windows, Unix/Linux, Apache/Tomcat - it's all so adorable yet so extremely annoying. Just a gentle poke in a kind spirit, x'49'.

Now, THIS is a platform: IBM z/114 x' Serious $, serious hardware and that's only midrange.

I have no idea if that URL will show up...

Thanks for all of your hard work and long hours.

Right now if you attempt to drag a link or copy and paste one the board will eliminate it so to post a link you have to go old school. Leave off the "www" or the more common "https" and type, yes by hand, the link. Tell folks what to add as in: xxx.yahoo.com (add "www" at the beginning). Not everyone is going to want to do that because links are quite complicated these days. You can copy and paste everything after the "https". I tried that and it works. I was doing it to share boots in Different Stages so I had to rack my brain to remember how we did it back in the day.

Thanks for posting this, drbirdsong. :-)

Is anyone getting email responses to topics they post to?

Did you look to see if you were still subscribed to certain topics?

Well, no. I assumed even if you started a topic it would automatically put you on the notification list. I will have to look now.

Did you look to see if you were still subscribed to certain topics?

Well, no. I assumed even if you started a topic it would automatically put you on the notification list. I will have to look now.

Actually, just checked this topic and I was following it already. I un-followed and re-followed. We shall see.

That Dennis Hopper facial expression really goes well with that post

True! (That was a test post. Test failed, obviously.)

Can anybody NOT see my sig images? Assuming you don't have sigs turned off.

I see all but the sparkling Seahawks logo

I like to echo an earlier question about marking all posts read. I can't seem to find any way to do it.

There's something at the very bottom of the page (between "Change Theme" and "Help") that say "Mark Community Read". If you click on it, there are subcategories for "Forums", "Member" and "Mark All as Read"

• The topic was unpinned