TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

But I don't know the codes for them.

:yay: is

: yay : - put the dots up either side of the word yay and you'll get your bouncy! Also, if you go into Chat, you'll find a panel with a smiley face. That has all the smileys! :)

Still can't find the smilies! Where are they?

Above the box where you type your post, you'll see two rows of buttons (bold, italic, font, link, etc.). In the top row, you'll see a single smiling smiley. :) Click that and a whole row of smilies will appear at the bottom. Click Show All beneath that and a sidebar will appear with ALL the smilies listed.

Hey 73 can you increase the amount of smileys you can post? I was just demonstrating the smileys in a PM, I think I sent maybe 10 or 12 and it wouldn't send it, then when I reduced the amount I got a "no permission to edit" error message and it wiped out what I'd typed along with the smileys! :o :unsure:

It was set to 10. Upped it to 30.

Above the box where you type your post, you'll see two rows of buttons (bold, italic, font, link, etc.). In the top row, you'll see a single smiling smiley. :) Click that and a whole row of smilies will appear at the bottom. Click Show All beneath that and a sidebar will appear with ALL the smilies listed.

I still don't have those 2 rows. All I see is a row of icons - twitter, google+, digg, delicious, reddit, stumle, email, print, download, facebook 'like' and a small white square with a '0' inside it.

:cheers: :cheers: 73 is the greatest Admin ever! :cheers: :cheers:

Just one question: who's Facebook and Google that pops up in the users list?

Edited by Babycat

I still don't have those 2 rows. All I see is a row of icons - twitter, google+, digg, delicious, reddit, stumle, email, print, download, facebook 'like' and a small white square with a '0' inside it.

You're not seeing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/new_board_post_box.jpg

You're not seeing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/new_board_post_box.jpg

Totally not seeing that.

Wow!! I've been posting for the last half-hour totally without the knowledge that smileys are working :blush:

And it's only just occurred to me that 73 posted a Gumby smiley in the Monty Python thread...and it still didn't catch on :facepalm:

I think I need another cup of :coffee:

Just a note...whenever we see someone who hasn't re-installed their avatar, we're going to reset it with one of those stock "I have yet to choose an avatar" avatars. Because we're sick of seeing the main page messed up when one of those peeps has the last post in a forum. :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/stockavatar1.jpg

Good idea :cheers:

Although, for those of us without SOCN access, it's still doing that "mess-up" thing there (last post by TRF Administrators)...so, I don't know, you might want to stick that picture there for this "TRF Administrators" guy too ;)

Ready? The minor complaint I have.

Brace yourselves.

The default avatar. It is indeed stock and I'd prefer perhaps a random generated Geddy, Neil, Alex, Rush Album cover, etc if that's possible. I think that'd be really cool. If not then a nice Rush logo would work too, or a picture of a cat, or a turtle. A picture of something :P

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Brace yourselves.

The default avatar. It is indeed stock and I'd prefer perhaps a random generated Geddy, Neil, Alex, Rush Album cover, etc if that's possible. I think that'd be really cool. If not then a nice Rush logo would work too, or a picture of a cat, or a turtle. A picture of something :P

Could always use multiple pics of my pink sparky kitty to make it look like one long wallpaper..! :P

Seriously, I'm kidding! ;)

Wow!! I've been posting for the last half-hour totally without the knowledge that smileys are working :blush:

And it's only just occurred to me that 73 posted a Gumby smiley in the Monty Python thread...and it still didn't catch on :facepalm:

I think I need another cup of :coffee:

I posted that Gumby for the sole purpose of saying, "The smileys are working!" :gumby:

What do you guys think of the tagging feature? I'm not sure I like it.

I like it!

I do too. And the more people that use it, the more useful it becomes.

Where is the tagging and what does it do?

Just a note...whenever we see someone who hasn't re-installed their avatar, we're going to reset it with one of those stock "I have yet to choose an avatar" avatars. Because we're sick of seeing the main page messed up when one of those peeps has the last post in a forum. :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/stockavatar1.jpg

Yeah, that was annoying me to hell. :D

You're not seeing this?

Totally not seeing that.

When I'm on a PC - I see it just like that. When i am using the mobile version, it is not there. When I am using the browser on my smart phone, I also do not see it. Looks like this may be the case with you.... anyone else have this same issue when using their phone?

• Like 1

Brace yourselves.

I agree - at least make it Rush related! :rush:

Brace yourselves.

Yeah but, we want people to put up custom avatars. If we make a nice default one, they might want to keep it! :P

Brace yourselves.

Yeah but, we want people to put up custom avatars. If we make a nice default one, they might want to keep it! :P

What's wrong with that? :LOL: But I completely understand!

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned