TRF Software Update Updates

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I know a lot of hard work has gone into the upgrade but I missed the explanation as to "why" it was necessary? It certainly couldn't have been because the old look was "old" because this new look is ...ahem... really stinky.

Despite what you say in your sig, you ARE friendlyfloridian, who was a pain in the ass. Ergo, your opinion of the new board is moot. And speaking of stinky, don't you have some spore juice to grow or something? :D

:beathorse:

Ha. You got served a hot dish of pwn3d.

:ph34r:

Actually, no. I joined this board a while ago and I keep getting told I am this other person that I am not, so I think it is hilarious that you guys keep thinking this way. I am going along with it all in good jest.

I would suspect the admin would know. Admin have ways of knowing where you exist. :)

Yep.

I think the Admins have no clue how to interpret IP addresses. It is obvious that when I registered here at work, which is a large company with thousands of employees, there is also other people here that also browse this board. So, of course it would appear I am some other user because we all come from the same IP within the corporate firewall.

So work is the only place you access the board?

Pretty much.

It's obvious that you're friendlyfloridian even without the IP match. That you're still trying to deny it is laughable. But by all means keep trying...

...But not in here. This thread is for informing the community about the new board updates.

f_icon.png These are back.

What are these?

Look at the main page (if you're on the default red skin). Those are the icons from the old board that were shown next to each forum that indicates there are unread topics. Until now the new board had the stock icons.

Cool! Those give the board a little more familiarity. It's looking good! I like the banner at the top of the board. It's very sleek and sophisticated. Color scheme is nice, too.

What are these?

Strange - I saw this as the speech bubble icons. I changed to the blue and then back to the default, and they became tinker toys.

If anyone does not see this image at tinker toys (like on the old version of the board) then change skins and change back... or clear your cache in your browser.

What are these?

Strange - I saw this as the speech bubble icons. I changed to the blue and then back to the default, and they became tinker toys.

If anyone does not see this image at tinker toys (like on the old version of the board) then change skins and change back... or clear your cache in your browser.

Yeah, I saw them as speech bubbles when I was on earlier. Now I've just come back on, they are them good ol' familiar icons.

As for your signatures question, the place for turning them on and off is in Manage Ignore Prefs, if you click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top of the page

• Like 1

What are these?

Yeah, I saw them as speech bubbles when I was on earlier. Now I've just come back on, they are them good ol' familiar icons.

As for your signatures question, the place for turning them on and off is in Manage Ignore Prefs, if you click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top of the page

Thanks! If the like button worked, you so would be getting a like for that post :D

• Like 1

What are these?

Yep.

What are these?

Look at the main page (if you're on the default red skin). Those are the icons from the old board that were shown next to each forum that indicates there are unread topics. Until now the new board had the stock icons.

Awww..! I missed that cute little tinkertoy icon..! :)

What are these?

Thanks! If the like button worked, you so would be getting a like for that post :D

:cheers: Cheers. Now I wish they did work :LOL:

Ok, another question.

I have signatures off, I am not a big fan of all the clutter. On the old board, if you clicked on a profile you could see the user's signature - is there a way to do that now? If not.... can it be added?

And thanks again for all the little touches starting to show up now that the big issues has been taken care of.

• Like 1

Ok, another question.

I have signatures off, I am not a big fan of all the clutter. On the old board, if you clicked on a profile you could see the user's signature - is there a way to do that now? If not.... can it be added?

I have sigs turned on, and I can't see sigs in profiles either. I'm guessing it's not an option, but if we come across it and can change it, we will.

• The topic was unpinned