Killer Recording from 1979, Complete Concert.

Thunder Bay Rush

I haven't been around here much recently (it's hunting season after all!) and I have a feeling I may have posted this link before - if I have, you can sue me I guess...

This a full concert recording (audio only unfortunately) from Offenbach, Germany in a small 3,000 seater. May 1979. GREAT recording... back in "the good old days."

I thought this might give some of the old time Rush fans a serious Johnson. Or a Woodstock. Or a cornstalk. Or a Chubby. Or a Stiffy... (Can't think of any other things to call "it.") Oh, ya, a Boner.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 5 2012, 01:35 PM)
A Desert Passage is my personal favorite from that tour smile.gif

If only it didn't cut out part of Hemispheres (I think that's the one). (Edit - I think I was thinking of "Every Soul a Battlefield". Is that the same concert as "A Desert Passage"?

I like the "Farewell to Frankfurt" sound slightly more than the "Black Forrest" one, but they are the same concert. A Desert Passage is better than that concert in several parts, though.

Edited by LedRush

QUOTE (Keith_Moon @ Oct 5 2012, 07:22 PM)
A Desert Passage was banned on DIME recently b/c part of the show is spliced from another show apparently. I don't know exactly why because the page with all the comments/explanations disappeared when the ban went into effect.

IIRC, A Desert Passage must be the version of Every Soul A Battlefield where they tried to fill in the hole in one of the songs (I think in hemispheres).

Wow, I always thought that I was a hardcore Rush fan... but, I don't even know what you guys are talking about. Dessert Passage, Black Forest, Every Soul a Battlefield?? I just found it on the Google...

unsure.gif

killer, thanks!

Ah, 'Black Forest'. My very first Rush bootleg! smile.gif I remember downloading the album artwork and everything and printing it all out, meticulously lining everything up and cutting it out... a prized cd in my collection. I think I gave it to my brother....

And what a setlist, woo-ee!

QUOTE (waluigithewalrus @ Oct 10 2012, 08:18 PM)
Are Black Forest and Farewell to Frankfurt the same show? If so, which is the better of the two. I already have FtF, but I'm only now hearing of Black Forest.

They are the same show. I like FTF a little better, but I don't notice huge differences between the two. I'm sure others here with keener ears have something more to say on this.