CA wins album of the year!!

Hatchetaxe&saw

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 5 2012, 10:00 PM)
Sorry guys, but Clockwork Angles is not a good Rush album, Geoff Downes is correct, Fly from Here is a way better album than Clockwork Angles. Yes still delivers the prog while Rush keeps disappointing their prog fans.

Please enlighten us with your full take on Clockwork Angles?

The Angels deserve a little better.

Sorry guys, but Clockwork Angles is not a good Rush album, Geoff Downes is correct, Fly from Here is a way better album than Clockwork Angles. Yes still delivers the prog while Rush keeps disappointing their prog fans.

Welcome to the Rush forum. Are you aware of another forum called Counterparts?

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 6 2012, 03:00 AM)

Angels.

ANGELS.

ANGELS!!!!

It's f*cking ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Fly From Here is a crock of monkey shit. Half-baked nonsense stitched together by Horn. As a lifelong Yes fan, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Geoff is a flute. A teenage mind trapped in an old man's body.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 6 2012, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Sep 5 2012, 05:47 PM)
RT @TheCheezMusic: @asiageoff because Rush is not a coverband wink.gif < Oh f**k off!! >
That's a classic!
Congrats to the boyz, they deserve!
(And well done SW and Anathema!)

That is so hilarious! What an asshole this guy is! This makes Rush winning this award a billion times better. I am so happy Rush pissed this jerk off!

goodpost.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

You should be sorry for trolling on your first post. Bloody well right. Eh, welcome anyway... I think. unsure.gif

CONGRATULATIONS, RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif Again, you've shown EXCELLENCE and MAGNIFICENCE in your latest album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 5 2012, 04:06 PM)
Geoff Downes bitching on Twitter because it's not Fly From Here.

When he hangs up his keytar, he should look at stand-up.

I love Geoffrey Downes and Fly from Here is a good album, but if he thinks its better than Clockwork Angels he's a bit looney!

fing.gif wacko.gif fing.gif

Anyway, congrats to RUSH! Its about damn time they start receiving the praise that they deserve. It's well over due!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Very well done, and it's about time somebody finally got it right.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 5 2012, 10:12 PM)
What the hell are the Prog Awards? confused13.gif unsure.gif

This was my first thought too.

I'm always happy when Rush wins something, but...

Just curious - how are these awards chosen? Is it an "online peoples choice vote" kind of award? You know, the kind that Rush fans always flock to to push the band to the top? Or is it more of a "panel of experts" and industry vote kind of award?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 6 2012, 03:12 AM)

Prog Magazine hold them. I think their year spans from September to September.

They got respected British news presenter Gavin Esler to present them this year, it gave our beloved genre great profile in the UK. Gavin is a prog nut.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 6 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 5 2012, 10:12 PM)

This was my first thought too.

I'm always happy when Rush wins something, but...

Just curious - how are these awards chosen? Is it an "online peoples choice vote" kind of award? You know, the kind that Rush fans always flock to to push the band to the top? Or is it more of a "panel of experts" and industry vote kind of award?

Readers of Prog magazine voted for it, myself included. I'm sure the editorial team of the mag threw in a few votes too.

Here's the list of winners:

NEW BLOOD: TesseracT

LIVE EVENT: Anathema

GRAND DESIGN: Pink Floyd Immersion reissues

ANTHEM: Squackett A Life Within A Day

ALBUM OF THE YEAR: Rush Clockwork Angels

VISIONARY: Peter Hammill

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT: Genesis

VIRTUOSO: Carl Palmer

GUIDING LIGHT: Steven Wilson

PROG GOD: Rick Wakeman

Prog Magazine has a pretty good readership....they did a list of the 50 greatest albums of all time a couple of years ago...while It did not match my personal lists, I cannot hate a populus that put SEbtP at no.1

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 6 2012, 07:48 AM)

You should be sorry for trolling on your first post. Bloody well right. Eh, welcome anyway... I think. unsure.gif

If there is one thing I am not is a forum troll. I just love Rush so much and they keep making shitty albums. I don't get it, there was a time when Rush totally ruled, let me tell you, going to the Hemispheres concert was unreal. This is not the same band anymore and frankly I don't know why. It's not like they can't do it. Clockwork Angles is so bad and I am pissed because I want to love it. As for the competition with Yes's Fly from Here, the bottom line is I find Fly from Here a more enjoyable album to listen to. I get you diehard Rush freaks, I am one, I even dressed up like Alex Lifeson for Halloween in 1982 with a white sport coat and parted my hair on the side LOL. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the music and the tour if you go.

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 6 2012, 07:05 PM)

If there is one thing I am not is a forum troll. I just love Rush so much and they keep making shitty albums. I don't get it, there was a time when Rush totally ruled, let me tell you, going to the Hemispheres concert was unreal. This is not the same band anymore and frankly I don't know why. It's not like they can't do it. Clockwork Angles is so bad and I am pissed because I want to love it. As for the competition with Yes's Fly from Here, the bottom line is I find Fly from Here a more enjoyable album to listen to. I get you diehard Rush freaks, I am one, I even dressed up like Alex Lifeson for Halloween in 1982 with a white sport coat and parted my hair on the side LOL. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the music and the tour if you go.

#1. CA is the opposite of shitty. #2. Rush still rules. #3. They aren't the same band because it's 34 years after Hemispheres.

Don't know what to tell you guy, except enjoy yourself here and it would be nice if you didn't tell us how Rush sucks in your every post hereafter. smile.gif

Oh and we will enjoy the hell out of this tour, thank you.

Thx for sharing....You saw Hemispheres live...wow,incredible. How does that feel? Pretty gratifying I'm sure...to have that primordial connection. How does it feel to be 50ish and living in your mom's basement? moon.gif

This is not the same band anymore and frankly I don't know why.

The reason is right in front of your face, but you refuse to look at it.

Rush has been the "same band" for almost 40 years. They play whatever they want, they change their music anytime they want, and they define themselves anyway they want. It's THEIR band - not yours.

The only reason you're having problems with the band is because you are selfishly expecting them to do what YOU want them to do. YOU are causing your own suffering.

The band isn't the problem. It's YOU. yes.gif yes.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

LOL, some of you guys are so lame, I remember when the tide was turning and that was during the Power Windows tour and Marillion was the opener and during Marillions masterpiece "Misplaced Childhood" many Rush fans were booing them and that is when I knew it was over and the fans have changed. If you guys are actually going to tell me Clockwork Angles is as good as any album from the Terry Brown era, sorry, it's not even close. The other argument is that Rush changes and I should too. Well, I would argue that as soon as Rush decided to become The Police, they have made the same record for what, 25 years now ? I find it funny that I am being attacked by some of the Rush faithful and it must be me that Rush cannot seem to make a good album anymore, but that is not how I see it. But I do understand the attacks, you guys love Rush, so do I, so it does not bother me. I used to defend them too until I could not defend them anymore.