LedRush

Do you like TFE and/or VT?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like TFE and/or VT?

• Yes, I like both
    • I like TFE but not VT
    • I like VT but not T4E
    • No, I don't like either

I am watching Rush in Rio and it is awesome. The Geddy solo in Driven is crazy. Geddy is soloing all over Ghost Rider, but Alex plays an incredible rhythm/lead guitar. Geddy goes crazy in Secret Touch. Geddy never sounds better than when in this range, but the songs move along quickly, with great virtuosity from all three.

And the crowd is crazy!

I know the recording of this wasn't great (Geddy is especially hard to hear in the CD), but the songs and the crowd are amazing. But I think it helps that I really like T4E and Vapor Trails. If I didn't, the crowd, recording and the song choice would bother me.

So Rush in Rio would have sucked if you didn't like T4E and Vapor Trails?

I'm no fan of either T4E or VT, but it really doesn't diminish my enjoyment of RIR.

Didn't people express their opinion of RIR in your previous poll about "Rush's Best Live Album" ?

Just not seeing where you're going with this. unsure.gif

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 11 2012, 11:21 PM)

I'm no fan of either T4E or VT, but it really doesn't diminish my enjoyment of RIR.

Didn't people express their opinion of RIR in your previous poll about "Rush's Best Live Album" ?

Just not seeing where you're going with this. unsure.gif

I'm just seeing if there is a correlation. For me, my like of the albums makes me love the concert. I voted ATWAS in the poll, but I love this video (less the audio) for it's song selection and energy.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Aug 12 2012, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 11 2012, 11:21 PM)

Just not seeing where you're going with this.  unsure.gif

I'm just seeing if there is a correlation. For me, my like of the albums makes me love the concert. I voted ATWAS in the poll, but I love this video (less the audio) for it's song selection and energy.

While there are always songs on live albums I don't particularly care for, I don't dislike them with such a passion that I feel compelled to skip them.

They performed Roll The Bones on RIR, and though I don't hold that song in very high regard, it doesn't hurt to see it played live (unless you're a real crank!). tongue.gif

I like both T4E and VT though I don't really listen to them that often. I don't see how not liking anything off those two albums would prevent you from liking RIR because most of the set is made up of classic tunes.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 12 2012, 08:34 AM)
I like both T4E and VT though I don't really listen to them that often. I don't see how not liking anything off those two albums would prevent you from liking RIR because most of the set is made up of classic tunes.

6 songs from those two albums. Also, people who don't like T4E usually say they don't like RTB. There's 9 songs from those 3 albums, basically making the vast majority of non-concert staples. If you like RiR, I would think you would like at least the best songs from those albums. But maybe not. For me, there was an obvious correlation. I'm asking here to see if there is for other people as well.

I love Rush in Rio.

VT I can't stand and generally avoid listening to it. Once in a while I will listen to it in the hopes that I have missed something and the album will grow on me but it does not work. If anything, I dislike it more every time I listen to it.

TFE is a good solid album that I like. It might not be great but does shave a bunch of ok songs on it that are enjoyable.

You can figure out what choice I voted for.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 15 2012, 03:00 PM)
I liked them both. I wished VT was mixed differently. Soon, I hoping soon!

yes.gif

I hear that. Unfortunately, the band has backed off statements about remastering VT any time soon.

TFE is decidedly my least fave Rush album. (Resist and Driven are great tho) VT took some time but I really dig it now. Love the Ghost Rider performance on RIR, really powerful and alex's tone is great. I think it'd be cool to see Vapor Trail live but its probably got a snowball's chance in hell of gettting into the CA set.

I like both .