Favorite big-name progressive rock band?

StellarJetman

64 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite big-name progressive rock band?

• Emerson, Lake & Palmer
    • Genesis
    • Jethro Tull
    • King Crimson
    • Pink Floyd
    • Yes

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 14 2012, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 01:22 PM)
I think it's a shame KC was not bigger but they were a theater band .

KC? wtf.gif Are you shitting me man? ohmy.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RGiQzzYVH9M/T1KxuK8qrAI/AAAAAAAAEpU/ymirHxMfOVc/s1600/kc-and-the-sunshine-band-boogie-man.jpg

rofl3.gif Now they were a BIG band................

And very progressive. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything after Duke sucked balls . Watered down pop songs you here in Disney movies

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 01:57 PM)
Everything after Duke sucked balls . Watered down pop songs you here in Disney movies

No arguing on that from me. There were a couple of songs off the self titled album that are decent, but the decline had begun by that point.

I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I hear "We Can't Dance". 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 14 2012, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 12:57 PM)

Go back and listen to "Me and Sarah Jane" from Abacab and tell me it's a watered-down pop song. eyesre4.gif

Or "Dodo/Lurker". Things didn't get truly brainless until Invisible Touch.

Edited by StellarJetman

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 14 2012, 07:44 PM)

Go back and listen to "Me and Sarah Jane" from Abacab and tell me it's a watered-down pop song. eyesre4.gif

I will , it's been a long time 1022.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 14 2012, 07:50 PM)

I will give that a spin as well 1022.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 14 2012, 06:50 PM)

And even then, you've got Domino and Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. Even Land of Confusion is kind of fun... confused13.gif

We Can't Dance has a bigger share of good tunes: No Son of Mine, Driving the Last Spike, Dreaming While You Sleep, Living Forever, and Fading Lights. They're all very good in my book.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 14 2012, 07:44 PM)

I will , it's been a long time 1022.gif

Heck yeah! trink39.gif It's easy to draw the line at Duke, but there's still some solid stuff if you look past the singles.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 14 2012, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Aug 14 2012, 06:50 PM)

And even then, you've got Domino and Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. Even Land of Confusion is kind of fun... confused13.gif

We Can't Dance has a bigger share of good tunes: No Son of Mine, Driving the Last Spike, Dreaming While You Sleep, Living Forever, and Fading Lights. They're all very good in my book.

Both those are good records. Prog snobs don't want to admit it. wink.gif In fact it's about time for me to give them a spin again. It's been a long time. I still think Abacab is my fav Genesis record.

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Aug 15 2012, 07:54 AM)
Ok I LOVED Duke. Abacab was the last full Genesis album I loved. Self Titled had side 1 which was brilliant. Side two was Shit. Invisible Touch had Domino. We can't Dance..... 062802puke_prv.gif

Mick

WCD has some great tunes. Modern day Prog. Driving the Last Spike and Fading Lights are awesome.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 15 2012, 07:03 AM)
QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Aug 15 2012, 07:54 AM)
Ok I LOVED Duke.  Abacab was the last full Genesis album I loved.  Self Titled had side 1 which was brilliant.  Side two was Shit.  Invisible Touch had Domino.  We can't Dance..... 062802puke_prv.gif 

Mick

WCD has some great tunes. Modern day Prog. Driving the Last Spike and Fading Lights are awesome.

I don't know Spike and Fading lights got old fast to me. In all fairness I have not spun the thing since 99....i'm not joking laugh.gif Better try again. lol

Mick

I love those latter day Genesis albums, bar Hold On My Heart, Tell Me Why, In Too Deep & Illegal Alien.

However, Calling All Stations is truly an abomination. Doctor Moreau could not devise anything as abhorrent as that bucket of monkey snot.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Aug 14 2012, 07:22 PM)
Record sales will tell the story.

It's a Bad story . You know as well as i do, Sales does not make a band good. Beiber ? Spears ? They sell a boat full of albums and they suck . Those albums from Duke thru We Can't Dance sold because 75% of those albums were Pop .