Mass shooting, Colorado movie theater, 14 killed

Xanadoood

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 21 2012, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 21 2012, 12:44 AM)
Here is just one of the sad stories from this horrible incident. This young woman survived a shooting in a Toronto mall just weeks earlier. Same type of thing. A guy went into the mall with a gun and just started to open fire. She escaped it but was killed in the shooting in the theater. So sad!

My condolences to all the friends and family of the victims. rose.gif

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...7d0f71b2fee5.91

ohmy.gif That's terrible! That woman must have been wondering moments before death "Why does this keep happening?! Why is the world like this?!"

The world is like this because we're a fallen race, unfortunately.

From genesis in the Holy Bible, to the present moment...

That fact was proven by the latest killing spree in Colorado. yes.gif sad.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 21 2012, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 21 2012, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 21 2012, 12:44 AM)
Here is just one of the sad stories from this horrible incident. This young woman survived a shooting in a Toronto mall just weeks earlier. Same type of thing. A guy went into the mall with a gun and just started to open fire. She escaped it but was killed in the shooting in the theater. So sad!

My condolences to all the friends and family of the victims. rose.gif

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...7d0f71b2fee5.91

ohmy.gif That's terrible! That woman must have been wondering moments before death "Why does this keep happening?! Why is the world like this?!"

From genesis in the Holy Bible, to the present moment...

That fact was proven by the latest killing spree in Colorado. yes.gif sad.gif

This has nothing to do with genesis or the Bible...this has everything to do with crazy. It's as simple as that. A certain percentage of the population is mentally disturbed and events like this are going to happen. This individual was crazy. As a society, we have a tendency to blame everyone else but the actual person who committed the crime.

Events like this have been happening for a long, long time. The difference between then and now is that back then, news travelled very slowly and stories like this were localized. Today, we have instant news feeds and a media just dying to tell us about the latest horrific tragedy. This is nothing new....unfortunately.

My thoughts are with those affected by this tragedy. Let us not place blame or try to rationalize this. Let us grieve with those involved and their families.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 21 2012, 09:20 PM)

Were we ever upright to begin with? Have we ever been high enough to actually fall? confused13.gif

As far as we know, only Homo sapiens kills its own kind for sport. Other species kill their own kind for survival, but only humans do it for entertainment and the thrill of conquest. That is by far our greatest flaw. Sure, we're breeding like rabbits, and we're gobbling up resources, but above all that, we murder each other. We always have, and the pessimist in me believes that we always will. eh.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 21 2012, 09:56 PM)

Were we ever upright to begin with? Have we ever been high enough to actually fall? confused13.gif

As far as we know, only Homo sapiens kills its own kind for sport. Other species kill their own kind for survival, but only humans do it for entertainment and the thrill of conquest. That is by far our greatest flaw. Sure, we're breeding like rabbits, and we're gobbling up resources, but above all that, we murder each other. We always have, and the pessimist in me believes that we always will. eh.gif eh.gif

From the way his post is written I think he is saying that humans have been a fallen race since they first began.

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 20 2012, 08:16 PM)
My condolences to all the lost and hurt, and their families. rose.gif

rose.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 21 2012, 10:36 PM)

From the way his post is written I think he is saying that humans have been a fallen race since they first began.

I would say that human beings have been flawed (not fallen) since they first began. We've never fallen from anywhere. We've never been honorable enough or moral enough to claim that we've fallen or sunk to a lower level of existence. It's been continuous conflict, violence, murder, and warfare from Day One.

But that doesn't mean we should all give up and go extinct. There is STILL much more good in Humanity than bad. The good people (who don't go around killing others) far outnumber the bad. That is why the "bad people" are in the news all the time; they are the small minority. Humanity may be flawed, but we still have plenty of potential to rise to higher levels of existence. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 22 2012, 01:10 PM)

I would say that human beings have been flawed (not fallen) since they first began. We've never fallen from anywhere. We've never been honorable enough or moral enough to claim that we've fallen or sunk to a lower level of existence. It's been continuous conflict, violence, murder, and warfare from Day One.

But that doesn't mean we should all give up and go extinct. There is STILL much more good in Humanity than bad. The good people (who don't go around killing others) far outnumber the bad. That is why the "bad people" are in the news all the time; they are the small minority. Humanity may be flawed, but we still have plenty of potential to rise to higher levels of existence. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jul 20 2012, 02:17 PM)
My opinion what should happen to this " James Holmes " character.....
Either electricute him in the chair or hang him.

1287.gif

How is Colorado on the death penalty?

Just found out my niece (my oldest sister's youngest daughter)

went to school with the "supposed" gunman's younger sister.

Talk about a coincidence???? yeah right....nothing's a coincidence.

There's more to this story then the president/government, the police

and media are telling us...I don't buy the story that this" good Christian

kid" just snapped, and went loco en la cabasa, and mowed down 14 innocent people...sorry..and got all dressed up as a S.W.A.T team member to do all this crazy sh*t...good Christian's don't go on shooting

rampage's..dressed in police battle gear, and armed to the freakin teeth

..period..EVER...atleast they shouldn't, if they try to live their lives biblically...It just doesn't make any sense...at all.

And why would the gunman tell the police," oh btw, don't go to my apt,

because I boobie-trapped it..and you'll all get blown to smitherines....

You honestly think somebody who just killed 14 people is going to

tell the cops that???? I don't. He knows his goose is cooked..and he's

goin to the big clink for quite a few..you think he's gonna care if a few

coppers get blown up in in the loon's apt??? I don't think so.....

I'm not defending this "supposed" creep..but some of this story doesn't add up...it just doesn't...especially with what I found out today.

I want the real truth...I just hope we can get it from the "authorities".

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 22 2012, 05:10 AM)

I mean't that when Eve was tempted with the apple by the serpent,

and sinned in the garden....and when Cain killed his brother Able...

That's basically when we fell as a human race..and we've been sinning

and murdering eachother ever since , unfortunately.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 22 2012, 09:41 PM)
Talk about a coincidence???? yeah right....nothing's a coincidence.
kid" just snapped, and went loco en la cabasa, and mowed down 14 innocent people...sorry..and got all dressed up as a S.W.A.T team member to do all this crazy sh*t...good Christian's don't go on shooting
..period..EVER...atleast they shouldn't, if they try to live their lives biblically...It just doesn't make any sense...at all.

I'm not defending this "supposed" creep..but some of this story doesn't add up...it just doesn't...especially with what I found out today.

He didn't tell them that his house was booby-trapped, he just told them that he had explosives in his apartment.

He wanted the cops to go in to investigate and once they opened the door (which was booby-trapped) kaboom.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 23 2012, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 22 2012, 09:41 PM)
Talk about a coincidence???? yeah right....nothing's  a coincidence.

He didn't tell them that his house was booby-trapped, he just told them that he had explosives in his apartment.

He wanted the cops to go in to investigate and once they opened the door (which was booby-trapped) kaboom.

And what lead him to reveal this much?

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 22 2012, 11:41 PM)
Talk about a coincidence???? yeah right....nothing's  a coincidence.

So, you seem to be saying Christians are better people than everyone else?

Ever heard of Jim Jones?

There are also a lot of "good Christian" Catholic priests who were just a little too friendly with their alter boys.

Being a Christian does not make someone a good person.

Treating people with respect, trying not to hurt people and trying to do the right thing makes someone a good person.

Religion has nothing to do with being a good person.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 23 2012, 04:30 PM)
Mugshot...

[Picture deleted]

IsNot, don't we have enough pictures of that creep everywhere? Did you really have to put his lunatic, douchebag face on the Rush Forum site?

Please, PLEASE delete that douchebag's picture..... eh.gif eh.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 23 2012, 09:51 PM)
edited it into a hyperlink.

Thanks, man. It's much appreciated! I owe you a trink38.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Monkeys do it, and I believe dolphins do too if I am not mistaken.

As we hear more of the stories of the survivors and see interviews with those that are conscious it's just heartbreaking.

The woman who lost her 6 year old daughter was shot in the back and in the stomach and she was in and out of consciousness the first few days. They finally told her that her daughter had died yesterday and she said she wanted to die too. She is now paralyzed. sad.gif and pregnant, and thankfully the baby survived despite her being shot in the stomach.

There are such tales of heroics of people shielding others and losing their lives while doing so.

So devastating, what this monster did. sad.gif

class act

Christian Bale visits victims of movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/553515_452872661399436_1346017578_n.jpg

Christian Bale is making a quiet trip to Aurora, Colo. to visit with the victims of last week's movie theater massacre.

With free time thanks to the cancellations of premieres and press appearances for "The Dark Knight Rises" in Mexico and Japan, Bale took it upon himself to visit, Warner Bros. told The Denver Post.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/481089_10150924892821784_1409259397_n.jpg

Edited by Rushman14

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 24 2012, 06:42 PM)
class act

Christian Bale visits victims of movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/553515_452872661399436_1346017578_n.jpg

Christian Bale is making a quiet trip to Aurora, Colo. to visit with the victims of last week's movie theater massacre.

With free time thanks to the cancellations of premieres and press appearances for "The Dark Knight Rises" in Mexico and Japan, Bale took it upon himself to visit, Warner Bros. told The Denver Post.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/481089_10150924892821784_1409259397_n.jpg

Yup, that really is a class act!