Mass shooting, Colorado movie theater, 14 killed

Xanadoood

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is never going to stop. Never. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

It's getting to the point where we should just expect it to happen almost once a year. IMO, these psychos are imitating what they see on TV. It's pure copycat killing, and it's not going to stop. I'd even say that it's becoming standard practice for many disturbed and psychotic people - go out in public and kill as many as you can.

Will every single public venue have to hire armed guards and install metal detectors? I'm starting to think that they should.....

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 20 2012, 03:25 AM)
This is never going to stop. Never. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

It's getting to the point where we should just expect it to happen almost once a year. IMO, these psychos are imitating what they see on TV. It's pure copycat killing, and it's not going to stop. I'd even say that it's becoming standard practice for many disturbed and psychotic people - go out in public and kill as many as you can.

Will every single public venue have to hire armed guards and install metal detectors? I'm starting to think that they should.....

This happened 4 hours ago. Let's maybe wait for the facts to come in before making any sweeping sociological claims...

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 20 2012, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 20 2012, 03:25 AM)
This is never going to stop.  Never.    angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

It's getting to the point where we should just expect it to happen almost once a year.  IMO, these psychos are imitating what they see on TV.  It's pure copycat killing, and it's not going to stop.  I'd even say that it's becoming standard practice for many disturbed and psychotic people - go out in public and kill as many as you can. 

Will every single public venue have to hire armed guards and install metal detectors?  I'm starting to think that they should.....

This happened 4 hours ago. Let's maybe wait for the facts to come in before making any sweeping sociological claims...

"sweeping sociological claims"...??

How many more mass murders have to occur before you accept the fact that it's a social problem? Does one have to occur in your cinema or school first?

What happens in ones life that makes one say, okay, I am now going to go to a movie theater and start shooting people during a movie about a superhero?

My condolences to all the lost and hurt, and their families. rose.gif

Another giant WTF confused13.gif moment in society...

So sad. Could have been prevented. Apparently the shooters mother knew of the shooters mental instability.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families today. I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

Everyone take a deep breath, be thankful for today and tell the people you love how you feel about them. You may never get another chance.

He was working on a PhD in neuroscience. Obviously he had problems as when they contacted his mother this morning to talk to her she told them that they had the right person, so it sounds like he had some problems.

This guy booby trapped his home so they have evacuated several blocks of apartments and homes and there are about 250 responders out there sending cameras in to see where all the booby traps are.

Such a mess! 12 killed 54 injured. People in the theater at first thought that it was part of the movie, like an extra. He watched the movie for 15 minutes, went out the back door where his car was parked and grabbed his weapons and came back into the theater with a gas mask on holding a canister. Once he let the gas go and people started running he started shooting, bullets going thru the walls into the theater next door.

Edited by nobodys hero

Here are some corrections in what I've read in this thread.

The guy watched the movie for about 15 minutes, walked out the back door, propped it open where his car was parked with all of the weapons inside.

He came back in wearing a gas mask and full body armor, including a helmet, a vest, neck armor and tactical gloves. He had hundreds of rounds including a drum clip or canister. He had an assault rifle, a shotgun and 2 40 caliber glocks. He went in, set off the gas canisters and when people started running he started shooting. At some point he decided that he had shot enough people, so he stopped, walked out the back door and was met by the police where he surrendered. He told the police multiple times to go check out his home. The ATF and a considerable amount of bomb experts are there now and a spokesman said he had NEVER seen as many wires or booby traps. There are over 250 responders on scene and blocks and blocks have been evacuated. They are dealing with wiring, chemicals, or flammables. They are using cameras to check the entire building.

12 dead and 54 injured the youngest being 3 months.They have evacuated the school he went to as they check for incendiary devices there as well.

This was well planned out and the motive remains unknown as the suspect refuses to talk. His father just landed here in Denver and was whisked off the tarmac by the FBI.

This is the latest as I watch it live on the local news.

It's something that I can't even watch on the news. The story dominated the news today.. rightly so, but I couldn't watch any of it. I know what happened. 12 innocent lives lost. 70+ wounded. I don't want to know the details. I don't want to hear the 911 calls. Like I didn't want to watch the details of the Norwegian mass murderer. Or what's happening to the children in Syria every day. Unwatchable, it's so horrific.

rose.gif

ohmy.gif Senseless and COMPLETELY insane..... sad.gif

The book needs to be thrown at this monster

for atleast 10 lifetimes...too bad that's impossible.

The creep/scumbag deserves it big time... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif angry.gif

What's this world comin' to?????????

no.gif wacko.gif

Here is just one of the sad stories from this horrible incident. This young woman survived a shooting in a Toronto mall just weeks earlier. Same type of thing. A guy went into the mall with a gun and just started to open fire. She escaped it but was killed in the shooting in the theater. So sad!

My condolences to all the friends and family of the victims. rose.gif

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...7d0f71b2fee5.91

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 21 2012, 06:44 AM)
Here is just one of the sad stories from this horrible incident. This young woman survived a shooting in a Toronto mall just weeks earlier. Same type of thing. A guy went into the mall with a gun and just started to open fire. She escaped it but was killed in the shooting in the theater. So sad!

I read that... So awful... rose.gif

There are no words or emoticons to express my sorrow about such a horrendous, senseless and evil act. My most heartfelt sympathy and warmest thoughts to all those touched by this tragedy.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 21 2012, 12:44 AM)

ohmy.gif That's terrible! That woman must have been wondering moments before death "Why does this keep happening?! Why is the world like this?!"