Popular Artists you just don't like

Or Lady Gaga...

Talent wise...she isn't bad....but what she chooses to DO with that talent leaves a lot to be desired! (and the fact that she took the name of a Queen song I can't stand)

(and as far as Miley...I laugh ever time someone puts that "Back to the Future" picture of Christopher Lloyd in the DeLorean going "Quick Marty, I have to go back and give Billy Ray Cyrus a condom!" on Facebook! )

Lady gaga has a really great voice, she is very talented, for sure.

• Like 1

Queen Suck

Sprinsteen is an obnoxious blowhard Hack. Shitty politics and all.

So........opinions huh?

lol

Mick

We agree on something:

Springsteens political preachiness blows. One thing that I really HATE about him.

i wasn't sure if you were aware of it, but I'm glad to see that you are.

I honestly cannot stand most of his modern work because of it. I find it very manipulative, almost as if he expects all his fans to hang onto his every word.

Very hard to respext the working mans hero when he lives in a mansion and charges a fortune for his concerts. But I still love him.

What makes his fans any different than some here who hang onto every word Neil writes?

A very long time ago, Bruce used to show up in bars at the Jersey Shore every once in a while to hang out with everyone. Whoever was in the bar at the time got to stay, but the doors were closed to anyone else arriving after he showed up. He did this in the seventies and well into the eighties. It seems to me (and I am no Bruce expert other than I lived in NJ and he was THE talk of the town back then) he was co-opted somewhere along the line.

The "working man's hero" living in the thirty million plus dollars mansion and pontificating from his gilded tower to his peasant fans - "Let them all eat cake!!" :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

By the way, Segue, does he write all of his own music and lyrics or does he have help?

See as much as I love him...I do see his faults.

And mostly yes, his lyrics are his own most of the time, the music is a band effort when with the E Street Band.

I connect mainly with his seventies work, which is beautiful. But I only really find his more recent work disappointing. Devils And Dust, Working On A Dream suck, High Hopes is mostly trash, and Wrecking Ball is a preachy nightmare.

Only Magic and The Rising please me, which is sad.

• Like 1

The criteria is popular bands which we as a board like... So shit like One Direction, Katy Perry, Britney Spears - it all goes without saying.

But I do like Lady Gaga & Britney Spears. I'd never listen through an album, but their hits aren't bad

Segue...

Please refrain from saying Queen sucks.

Queen, most certainly, do not suck.

Just say, "I don't like Queen" or perhaps, "I know ReGorLaTroy loves them, but they are not my cup of tea".

Don't make me come over there!

:bitchslap:

• Like 5

The criteria is popular bands which we as a board like... So shit like One Direction, Katy Perry, Britney Spears - it all goes without saying.

But I do like Lady Gaga & Britney Spears. I'd never listen through an album, but their hits aren't bad

Toxic and Pokerface are two of my favourite songs.

• Like 1

Queen Suck

Sprinsteen is an obnoxious blowhard Hack. Shitty politics and all.

So........opinions huh?

lol

Mick

We agree on something:

Springsteens political preachiness blows. One thing that I really HATE about him.

i wasn't sure if you were aware of it, but I'm glad to see that you are.

I honestly cannot stand most of his modern work because of it. I find it very manipulative, almost as if he expects all his fans to hang onto his every word.

Very hard to respext the working mans hero when he lives in a mansion and charges a fortune for his concerts. But I still love him.

What makes his fans any different than some here who hang onto every word Neil writes?

A very long time ago, Bruce used to show up in bars at the Jersey Shore every once in a while to hang out with everyone. Whoever was in the bar at the time got to stay, but the doors were closed to anyone else arriving after he showed up. He did this in the seventies and well into the eighties. It seems to me (and I am no Bruce expert other than I lived in NJ and he was THE talk of the town back then) he was co-opted somewhere along the line.

The "working man's hero" living in the thirty million plus dollars mansion and pontificating from his gilded tower to his peasant fans - "Let them all eat cake!!" :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

By the way, Segue, does he write all of his own music and lyrics or does he have help?

See as much as I love him...I do see his faults.

And mostly yes, his lyrics are his own most of the time, the music is a band effort when with the E Street Band.

I connect mainly with his seventies work, which is beautiful. But I only really find his more recent work disappointing. Devils And Dust, Working On A Dream suck, High Hopes is mostly trash, and Wrecking Ball is a preachy nightmare.

Only Magic and The Rising please me, which is sad.

I wish I could remember the name of my favorite Bruce song. I don't know why I can't think of it right now, but I think it has a girl's name in the title. I owned about two of his albums, but he was a passing fancy much like Billy Joel was with me in 1987.

• Like 1

Rosalita

ReGor, if you are answering me, I don't think that was the name of it. I know the album was out by 1980 because someone I worked with was going to buy it for me for Christmas. I remember that because when he handed me my gift, he said it was a choice between what he bought and this particular Bruce album I can't remember.

Did he do a song with "Jenny" in the title?

• Like 1

Rosalita

ReGor, if you are answering me, I don't think that was the name of it. I know the album was out by 1980 because someone I worked with was going to buy it for me for Christmas. I remember that because when he handed me my gift, he said it was a choice between what he bought and this particular Bruce album I can't remember.

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

Rosalita

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

He has a b-side entitled "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart", but that's a Born in the USA outtake and wasn't released on an album until Tracks in the late 1990s.

Rosalita

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

No, that's not it either.

Rosalita

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

He has a b-side entitled "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart", but that's a Born in the USA outtake and wasn't released on an album until Tracks in the late 1990s.

"Bobby Jean"?

Rosalita

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

"Bobby Jean"?

"Candy's Room"?

• Like 1

Segue...

Please refrain from saying Queen sucks.

Queen, most certainly, do not suck.

Just say, "I don't like Queen" or perhaps, "I know ReGorLaTroy loves them, but they are not my cup of tea".

Don't make me come over there!

:bitchslap:

Agreed. There is no possible way that Queen could "suck". There are a multitude of idiots out there if that were true including me...
  • Like 4

Rosalita

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

"Bobby Jean"?

"Candy's Room"?

While you were typing that, I was trying to frantically search for the title. Did you ever try to frantically search anything with dial up? :) Anyway, I went by the album covers. I know I didn't have The River but as soon as I saw Darkness On The Edge of Town, I knew that was the one!

Rosalita

"Sherry Darlin" perhaps?

No, that's not it either.

"Bobby Jean" from Born in the USA

Sorry didn't see the "Candy's Room" post.

Well you know how to make me feel ashamed of myself, doncha??!

Btw, I have been meaning to get into King's X for a while now...gonna have to dip my toe into their waters ASAP cozza you!

But in all honesty...Rosalita is just the best of all his girly titled songs.

But guys I am in love with this dudes music...let me be forgiven for overlooking so many Boss treasures!

Just heard them on the radio...and I had to change the channel.

George Thorogood and the Destoyers. :no: I guess I'm not a bourbon, scotch and beer person.

YUCK !!!

• Like 2

The Doors I find kind of boring - same with Nirvana. It took me a while to get into the Stones, but I'm glad I did. I don't think I've given Springsteen a fair shake yet.

I've never really been all that amazed by Clapton.

• Like 1