Popular Artists you just don't like

threads like this just annoy me. it's hard to trust people when you find out they actually believe dream theater is better than the beatles or something

Dream Theater hasn't been good in years...They were fun to listen to way back, but now they're just phoning it in... Portnoy was a nice guy way back when this first started, but his style of playing leaves a lot to be desired anymore (plays a lot of the same licks all over, nothing that stands out, no inventiveness) Petrucci is a great player and should move on with Myung to a different band away from the rest of the guys in it (or just try to reform the old version of the band prior to Portnoy and Sherinian leaving) Don't get me wrong, I think Rudess is an AMAZING player, but he's not the right guy for this band, and I think he should do his own thing...or go back to jamming with Rod Morganstein.... LaBrie's vocals work for this band, but not much else....

• Like 1

LOL - I forgot about this thread...

Love to see the amount of hate Springsteen is getting!

Yeah no kidding Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Kiss!

I gt Bon Jovi hate.

But Springsteen is amazing. Better than Rush.

Springsteen's crap all sounds the SAME..... (and his live stuff is even worse!)

THANK....YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

He's been writing the same album 40 plus years now.

Mick

• Like 1

We're talking about popular artists, so you should be able to understand why some absolute shit music is omitted from this list.

Fleetwood Mac above all else

Bon Jovi

Coldplay

Bruce Springsteen

The Eagles (I hate the f***in' Eagles, man!)

Guns N' Roses

Nirvana - though I love the Foo Fighters and most anything else Dave has done

Korn

U2

Toto - just for you, Segue

Most punk rock artists, both from the first wave in the 70's and the sunshine shit from the 90's onward

Winner

Can't agree in the least with Fleetwood Mac especially "above all else". No way no how. I know there are a multitude of Eagles haters all over this place but I mostly enjoy their music even though I couldn't stand it back when they were making most of it.... :codger:

I gt Bon Jovi hate.

THANK....YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

And everyone still drools over it....It's just bad!

• Like 2

I gt Bon Jovi hate.

THANK....YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Plus the sucky politics......i hate politics. He needs to take his blow hard affected voice and crawl away.

Mick

• Like 2

I gt Bon Jovi hate.

THANK....YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Plus the sucky politics......i hate politics. He needs to take his blow hard affected voice and crawl away.

Mick

Anyone in any "celebrity" position that starts spewing their political crap is a HUGE turn off for me! I get so tired of the media sucking up to actors, and sports "heros" for their opinions....I don't get why the Kardashians are relevant? Or why anything Angelina Jolie does is newsworthy?

• Like 1

threads like this just annoy me. it's hard to trust people when you find out they actually believe dream theater is better than the beatles or something

Dream Theater hasn't been good in years...They were fun to listen to way back, but now they're just phoning it in... Portnoy was a nice guy way back when this first started, but his style of playing leaves a lot to be desired anymore (plays a lot of the same licks all over, nothing that stands out, no inventiveness) Petrucci is a great player and should move on with Myung to a different band away from the rest of the guys in it (or just try to reform the old version of the band prior to Portnoy and Sherinian leaving) Don't get me wrong, I think Rudess is an AMAZING player, but he's not the right guy for this band, and I think he should do his own thing...or go back to jamming with Rod Morganstein.... LaBrie's vocals work for this band, but not much else....

I think I&W and awake are great and those albums actually have memorable songs and good vocals. and scenes from a memory is pretty good. a change of seasons is sweet but the kevin moore version sounds 10 times better

most of their stuff sucks, they have about one good song per album and its usually the "epic." they blow their creative loads crafting the 24 minute song and forget to make the other tunes on the record actual tunes.

• Like 1

Crötley Mu

Ratt

The Greatful Dead

Jimmy Buffet

Kanye West

The Crüe and Ratt both rawk.

but if you have to be at least 40 to think so...do they really "rawk"?

Nah...the Crue and Ratt were jokes in my circle of (musician) friends! Same with bands like Poison... That was just a BAD era of music!!

Buffett and the Dead were unique... They are either a "ya like them or ya don't" kind of thing.... I have to be in the right frame of mind (usually pretty drunk :hail: ) to appreciate what they do...but their stuff can start sounding the same after a while, as well. (and Buffett's marketing thing is starting to rival Kiss) Buffett's stuff EARLY ON was a lot better than his stuff of the past 10-15 years.... I know people that just dig his shows for the party!

I don't get why people are so crazy about foo fighters, they're the most average of average modern radio rock bands out there and it's like they get special treatment because dave was in nirvana and they're not AS BAD as other stuff out there.

I think I&W and awake are great and those albums actually have memorable songs and good vocals. and scenes from a memory is pretty good. a change of seasons is sweet but the kevin moore version sounds 10 times better

most of their stuff sucks, they have about one good song per album and its usually the "epic." they blow their creative loads crafting the 24 minute song and forget to make the other tunes on the record actual tunes.

I pretty much stopped really liking it when Scenes from a Memory came out...I wasn't that impressed with that whole thing. Everything before that was great, and I was totally thrilled when they put out some of the older concerts (and demos/outtakes) with the "Official Bootleg" series!! That was a great thing that Portnoy was spearheading (that and the fact that he was into the "bring your recorders and tape" attitude!)

I LOVED the whole Falling into Infinity period, and when they did the "sort of unplugged" shows on that tour!

After that, the only album I can really listen to is Train of Thought.

Agree. Falling was good too. DT started losing it gradually not long after this. No focused melodies as with I &W, just spiralling songs scales licks, nothing memorable of late.

I pretty much stopped really liking it when Scenes from a Memory came out...I wasn't that impressed with that whole thing. Everything before that was great, and I was totally thrilled when they put out some of the older concerts (and demos/outtakes) with the "Official Bootleg" series!! That was a great thing that Portnoy was spearheading (that and the fact that he was into the "bring your recorders and tape" attitude!)

I LOVED the whole Falling into Infinity period, and when they did the "sort of unplugged" shows on that tour!

After that, the only album I can really listen to is Train of Thought.

I can listen to 1-2 songs off each album, TOT I can't stand cause it sounds like they're going for the nu-metal sound

Muse - they say something, and very well. I'm still trying to figure, if it is anything at all.

Korn -

Slipknot -

Linkin biscuit.

Bush

my cousin's favorite band is BUSH. I can't imagine your favorite band being a 5th rate pseudo-grunge nightmare, but hey, different strokes

• Like 1

^ Second re Muse. At least a couple people have told me that since I love Radiohead I'll love Muse also. Not so much, at all. They seem more like Coldplay doing operatic conceptual arena rock. Yech.
  • Like 3

Bush is one of those bands I think of as "derivative," like Foo Fighters or Garbage, in that they basically present an easily digestible and watered down version of what someone else did as an essential, unique, contribution. Don't hate them, but just saw them as an unobjectionable but unimportant band of their time.
  • Like 2

I don't get Muse...some of their stuff is borderline decent, but they have a sound that just doesn't quite make it for me....I dunno...

Aye Muse just have something missing, for me

Muse - they say something, and very well. I'm still trying to figure, if it is anything at all.

Korn -

Slipknot -

Linkin biscuit.

Bush

my cousin's favorite band is BUSH. I can't imagine your favorite band being a 5th rate pseudo-grunge nightmare, but hey, different strokes

Bush is grunge by numbers, hanging on the coattails of nirvana. Generic and bland. Bush do it very well though.

anyway.

Bush is one of those bands I think of as "derivative," like Foo Fighters or Garbage, in that they basically present an easily digestible and watered down version of what someone else did as an essential, unique, contribution. Don't hate them, but just saw them as an unobjectionable but unimportant band of their time.

yeah, it's hard to feel strongly about bands like that.

Korn -

Slipknot -

Linkin biscuit.

Bush

Tell him to change that "B" to an "R"!

:rush:

• Like 1