Popular Artists you just don't like

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

Segue, you better have a goddamned good reason for these 3. :)

Guns n Roses: Gits n Posers.

Rolling Stones: The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, Small Faces, The Doors, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival: these bands I like. Rolling Stones, not so much. One of those sixties bands I just cannot stand, very few songs I enjoy.

Black Sabbath: Rubbish lyrics. Thanks for the positive impact on the world of music, sorry I hate ya. Oh, and the music itself: paint dries with more enthusiasm.

two seconds of the worst riff iommi ever wrote beats any late 70's church organ radio rock :dweez: :dweez:

• Like 1

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

Rolling Stones: The Beatles, The Kinks, The Who, Small Faces, The Doors, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival: these bands I like. Rolling Stones, not so much. One of those sixties bands I just cannot stand, very few songs I enjoy.

Black Sabbath: Rubbish lyrics. Thanks for the positive impact on the world of music, sorry I hate ya. Oh, and the music itself: paint dries with more enthusiasm.

two seconds of the worst riff iommi ever wrote beats any late 70's church organ radio rock :dweez: :dweez:

You like black metal.

Buddy, I really couldn't care what you think!

:cheers:

threads like this just annoy me. it's hard to trust people when you find out they actually believe dream theater is better than the beatles or something

And then I read this post and feel 1100% guilty for being a douche.

LOL - I forgot about this thread...

Love to see the amount of hate Springsteen is getting!

The only reason I didn't include him in my list was because so many others put him in, figured I'd try to be slightly different

:beathorse:

http://i.imgur.com/BMsuVgN.gif

• Like 1

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

black metal has many subgenres. I prefer raw, stripped down black metal. stuff like darkthrone just sounds like a more evil motorhead to me. but I think there's a good bit of BM you'd probably enjoy if you were exposed to it, a lot of BM places importance on atmosphere, "thought-provoking" lyrics and even has a strong keyboard presence (not quite yes/kansas-style keyboards though).

I don't like springsteen but I think the extreme hatred on here is very, very strange. his music is basically the opposite of what rush is about, I get that, but still. did springsteen say rush sucked in a rolling stone interview 40 years ago and people are still mad about it?

I'm pretty lukewarm on the Beatles and the Who. I can pick out a couple of songs by these bands but they just never clicked with me.

I am miles and miles from being a Stones fan and I'm old so don't feel bad... :) I don't own a Beatles or Who album either...
  • Like 1

I'm pretty lukewarm on the Beatles and the Who. I can pick out a couple of songs by these bands but they just never clicked with me.

I am miles and miles from being a Stones fan and I'm old so don't feel bad... :) I don't own a Beatles or Who album either...

there are probably 3 or 4 beatles songs you'd like. as for the who, I think you'd like LIVE AT LEEDS and probably not much else.

• Like 1

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

black metal has many subgenres. I prefer raw, stripped down black metal. stuff like darkthrone just sounds like a more evil motorhead to me. but I think there's a good bit of BM you'd probably enjoy if you were exposed to it, a lot of BM places importance on atmosphere, "thought-provoking" lyrics and even has a strong keyboard presence (not quite yes/kansas-style keyboards though).

Emperor, Volcano-era Satyricon and the odd bit and bob rocked my world back in the day.

I oddly grew out of metal and into dad rock. Not sure how it happened, I know my friends are confused:

"Michael, you used to scare us. Now you like wuss-rock!"

Couldn't have said it better myself :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I don't like springsteen but I think the extreme hatred on here is very, very strange. his music is basically the opposite of what rush is about, I get that, but still. did springsteen say rush sucked in a rolling stone interview 40 years ago and people are still mad about it?

Even if he did, is it a big deal? Our favourite artists do not have to be best buds.

• Like 1

there are probably 3 or 4 beatles songs you'd like. as for the who, I think you'd like LIVE AT LEEDS and probably not much else.

I like plenty of Beatles music and have heard their music so much throughout my life I couldn't tell ya. The Who is fine and I wouldn't hate on them. By the time I started buying albums I wanted something different and not mainstream. Thus the reason I'm here to begin with...
  • Like 1

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

Emperor, Volcano-era Satyricon and the odd bit and bob rocked my world back in the day.

I oddly grew out of metal and into dad rock. Not sure how it happened, I know my friends are confused:

don't worry, no one gets why I like kate bush or jazz fusion and that's about as "uncool" as liking your mom's music

emperor rules, I liked satyricon when I first got into BM but I find little to no replay value in their music. you'd probably like agalloch, they seem to be the black metal band for people who don't like black metal. they got boring as shit in the past few years but their first few albums are some of my favorite black metal records and some of the only music from that genre that actually relaxes me

I like plenty of Beatles music and have heard their music so much throughout my life I couldn't tell ya. The Who is fine and I wouldn't hate on them. By the time I started buying albums I wanted something different and not mainstream. Thus the reason I'm here to begin with...

if I'd been around back then I probably would've tried to avoid the superstars as well.

if I'd been around back then I probably would've tried to avoid the superstars as well.

Probably so. Hard to believe now but the stuff I liked then and still do the majority had never even heard of them at the time. Some bands like UFO and Scorpions that is most likely still true. AC/DC not so much...

Narp, you need to have Quadrphenia and Who's Next in your collection. I think you'd enjoy those albums immensely.

Probably so. Hard to believe now but the stuff I liked then and still do the majority had never even heard of them at the time. Some bands like UFO and Scorpions that is most likely still true. AC/DC not so much...

unfortunately, scorps are known for two songs that I find very very lame. you won't find many people who have heard their 70s stuff

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

don't worry, no one gets why I like kate bush or jazz fusion and that's about as "uncool" as liking your mom's music

emperor rules, I liked satyricon when I first got into BM but I find little to no replay value in their music. you'd probably like agalloch, they seem to be the black metal band for people who don't like black metal. they got boring as shit in the past few years but their first few albums are some of my favorite black metal records and some of the only music from that genre that actually relaxes me

Now kate bush and jazz fusion i get...what happened with me is that a couple of guilty pleasures ended up becoming firm favourites...and then ruined my dark taste haha!

It got so bad that recently I mistook a Slipknot track playing in a record store for extreme metal...and i walked out in shame haha!

I forget the bands i used to love...Opeth were one (back when they were deeply underground, it took me aback when i started seeing them on magazine covers in supermarkets lol).

• Like 1

Narp, you need to have Quadrphenia and Who's Next in your collection. I think you'd enjoy those albums immensely.

yeah, if he thinks the who are fine then I would definitely recommend picking those up. you can find them anywhere for 3 or 4 bucks, or you can turn on the radio right now and hear most of who's next. it's one of those albums, kinda like zoso or the first boston

I have heard the majority of them both and I do like them. I will never forget early in my teen years my younger sister had Tommy and Jailbreak. I have the latter in my collection but not the former. Sometimes it amazes me what I have in my conpletely pre 84' collection but it amazes me more what I don't have... Edited by Narpsberg

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

Now kate bush and jazz fusion i get...what happened with me is that a couple of guilty pleasures ended up becoming firm favourites...and then ruined my dark taste haha!

It got so bad that recently I mistook a Slipknot track playing in a record store for extreme metal...and i walked out in shame haha!

I forget the bands i used to love...Opeth were one (back when they were deeply underground, it took me aback when i started seeing them on magazine covers in supermarkets lol).

for some reason most people hear kate and lump it in with generic 80s pop like tiffany or something, and jazz fusion sounds like elevator music to almost everybody.

I first heard opeth when I was 11 and I thought it was the worst shit ever. 18 minute songs and it sounds like the guy's burping. of course, now I think they're awesome

unfortunately, scorps are known for two songs that I find very very lame. you won't find many people who have heard their 70s stuff

I find them lame too as do I find Living After Midnight and Breaking The Law lame as well. Jumped ship and damn quick...
  • Like 1

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

for some reason most people hear kate and lump it in with generic 80s pop like tiffany or something, and jazz fusion sounds like elevator music to almost everybody.

I first heard opeth when I was 11 and I thought it was the worst shit ever. 18 minute songs and it sounds like the guy's burping. of course, now I think they're awesome

Kate Bush...Tiffany? Wow...here in the UK we look to her like some sort of mystical, musical, otherworldly goddess (I know I do)...she is loved to death here by the critics, and she is just amazing. Hounds Of Love is just...divine.

Jazz fusion elevator music? Some people disgust me.

• Like 1

I find them lame too as do I find Living After Midnight and Breaking The Law lame as well. Jumped ship and damn quick...

I like those songs but I don't care to ever hear them again. british steel was the first priest album I heard and it sounded a lot better before I heard their 70s stuff.

• Like 1

Guns n Roses

Rolling Stones

Black Sabbath

You like black metal.

Kate Bush...Tiffany? Wow...here in the UK we look to her like some sort of mystical, musical, otherworldly goddess (I know I do)...she is loved to death here by the critics, and she is just amazing. Hounds Of Love is just...divine.

Jazz fusion elevator music? Some people disgust me.

yeah, over in europe everyone loves her, I used to post on her forum a lot and everyone there is from the UK.

here in the US kate's got about as much mainstream appeal as white power skinhead music. this ends up being a good thing sometimes, because if you stumble upon one of her LPs you can snag it for a dollar or two, because the people who run record stores in the US only listen to the velvet underground and elvis costello anyway