Popular Artists you just don't like

Most of what's out there today is crap. Just me showing my age again :codger:

What annoys me is that most of the newer music out there doesn't really have LIVE musicians playing, and most of it's pre-programmed! (not to mention most of the popular music is just an artist singing someone else's song with studio musicians, and pre-programmed music!) Not like the days when a BAND actually wrote and recorded it's own output!

I'm actually leaning more towards country music anymore because it's at least live musicians playing it!

I can't appreciate the talents of Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers

Early Aerosmith I can but not ga ga for them either way. Chili Peppers forget about it. Cringe...

I can't appreciate the talents of Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers

Nah...not a fan of either band....Aerosmith's resurgence in the late 80's when they all got sober when they released Pump was a decent run, but they just went back into their rot with the next album...I pulled out some of their older stuff I had (on cassette that I taped from friends) at that point, and still wasn't thrilled with it...That kind of reminded me of the Metallica "black album" period as well...One diamond in the rough, and back to crud!

Red Hot Chili Peppers never impressed me...I worked with a guy in the early 90's that was obsessed with them, and I couldn't figure out what the big mystique was?!?!

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Soundgarden

Machine Head (seriously...whats the big fuss? The Blackening was such a massive sucky suckfest)

Korn

Garbage

I like early Pearl Jam (Ten, Vs., Vitalogy) because it sounded like raw 70's rock with that early 80's production, and McCready and Gossard made a great lead/rhythm combo. Much like the Foos have been doing the last few albums, who unlike Pearl Jam, have gotten better the longer they've been around.

Pearl Jam got steadily worse after Vitalogy.

In my opinion they got better after Vitalogy. No Code, Yield and Binaural are great albums. They have been steadily putting out good music since. Their last album is a stomper.

Foos are good but Grohl wears his influences steadily at the front of his t-shirt. There is not a Foos song I have ever heard that didn't have shades of someone else. Listen to Meantime by Helmet and then All My Life back to back, and thats just one example. One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not like the other...what if I say I am not the pretender...hehe

I forgot the Doors.

The Debut is great.....then pretentious crap.

Mick

Disagree 110%.

Every album with Morrison is a work of art.

• Like 2

I forgot the Doors.

Mick

Disagree 110%.

Yes. But some art is crap!

Oh true, lol

And the part that hurts is some "artists" get rewarded for said crap, lol

Mick

I forgot the Doors.

Mick

Disagree 110%.

Not in this case.

I forgot the Doors.

Mick

Disagree 110%.

Not in this case.

I like some of the stuff the Doors recorded, but so much of it comes across as totally pretentious. And a big reason why that is is because Jim Morrison is a total hack compared to his contemporaries. And I think Ray Manzarek encouraged the worst Morrison had to offer.

• Like 1

I forgot the Doors.

Mick

Disagree 110%.

Not in this case.

I like some of the stuff the Doors recorded, but so much of it comes across as totally pretentious. And a big reason why that is is because Jim Morrison is a total hack compared to his contemporaries. And I think Ray Manzarek encouraged the worst Morrison had to offer.

I just think ol jimmy was a bit despicable.

Mick

• Like 1

Three bands/artists that seem to be popular with others who like the same sort of stuff that I do, that I don't really feel any love for are:

Dream Theater

Queen

Devin Townsend

I don't hate them and can appreciate why some people really like them, but they just don't do it for me. They're ok - no less, no more.

Edited by pip65

Queen leave me nauseous.

Fans call Toto worthless cheese...and then praise Queen.

They ain't foolin' Seggerz. They all be cray cray!

Queen was great until Jazz, then got weird... The fact that Radio Ga-Ga was some sort of anthem to a lot of people baffles me.

Toto is a great band with great musicians, and you either like or hate their music, but the musicality is just off the wall! A bunch of studio musicians cashing in on whatever was a popular sound during their time was just a great concept! I never thought Simon Phillips belonged in that band, though...that always turned me off...granted, the guy is a good drummer, but his style just didn't fit...and that HUGE drum kit playing the kind of music Toto played always felt like over kill to me! Keith Carlock is a better fit, I just wish I was able to go see them on this tour.

The Doors are one of those off the wall bands I'll never get. Morrison was just strange, and his music was even stranger...Like the Velvet Underground and all that Andy Warhol attitude stuff...too bizarre,and not enough acid to keep me interested...

Queen was great until Jazz, then got weird... The fact that Radio Ga-Ga was some sort of anthem to a lot of people baffles me.

Toto is a great band with great musicians, and you either like or hate their music, but the musicality is just off the wall! A bunch of studio musicians cashing in on whatever was a popular sound during their time was just a great concept! I never thought Simon Phillips belonged in that band, though...that always turned me off...granted, the guy is a good drummer, but his style just didn't fit...and that HUGE drum kit playing the kind of music Toto played always felt like over kill to me! Keith Carlock is a better fit, I just wish I was able to go see them on this tour.

The Doors are one of those off the wall bands I'll never get. Morrison was just strange, and his music was even stranger...Like the Velvet Underground and all that Andy Warhol attitude stuff...too bizarre,and not enough acid to keep me interested...

I love The Doors. Just...yeah love, love and more love.

Toto, they didn't cash in. Old school friends made a band, had success with their music.

Oh, they also just happen to be session musicians.

But I liked all your post!

Queen was awesome. Their run through Jazz is one of my fav in rock........AWESOME run. Love Freddie. The over the top-ness. Brian's Guitar, Roger's Drums, John's bass.

A day at the Races.........stone cold classic.

Queen Forever.

Mick

• Like 6

Queen Suck

Sprinsteen is an obnoxious blowhard Hack. Shitty politics and all.

So........opinions huh?

lol

Mick

We agree on something:

Springsteens political preachiness blows. One thing that I really HATE about him.

• Like 2