What are you watching right now?

Maverick

Stranger Things on Netflix

They captured the eighties kiddy adventure flick feel so perfectly I am struggling to believe this isn't 1987.

First episode even has a Toto song!

• Like 2

They captured the eighties kiddy adventure flick feel so perfectly I am struggling to believe this isn't 1987.

I really liked this. Even though Winona Ryder horribly overacts in it, the rest of it is great. The opening sequence gave me chills. I watched the 8 episodes over 2 nights and was very impressed. They do do a great job making it look like the 80's and the kids are very good in it.

I really liked this. Even though Winona Ryder horribly overacts in it, the rest of it is great. The opening sequence gave me chills. I watched the 8 episodes over 2 nights and was very impressed. They do do a great job making it look like the 80's and the kids are very good in it.

I thought Winona was amazing

Wow, really? I thought she was horrible. Cringe-worthy even.

Edited by EagleMoon

I'm on episode three. I might change my mind. But I find her wholly believable.

In fact I'd go as far as to say she has made it back onto my list of favourite actresses.

In fact I'd go as far as to say she has made it back onto my list of favourite actresses.

:LOL: That's so funny because to me it's one of the worst acting jobs I've seen from anyone in a long time. I did like the show otherwise very much but every time she came on screen I kind of cringed.

:LOL: That's so funny because to me it's one of the worst acting jobs I've seen from anyone in a long time. I did like the show otherwise very much but every time she came on screen I kind of cringed.

I know I will watch this show again. Perhaps I will see what you are going on about eventually but I find everything about her character believable. She plays a real mess of a woman in many ways, and also a lot of eighties movies had serious overacting. I am not going to lie, if this is the case with Winona, her performance may be one of the reasons I truly believe this is vintage 80's television!

This is everything I expected Super 8 to be.

I know I will watch this show again. Perhaps I will see what you are going on about eventually but I find everything about her character believable. She plays a real mess of a woman in many ways, and also a lot of eighties movies had serious overacting. I am not going to lie, if this is the case with Winona, her performance may be one of the reasons I truly believe this is vintage 80's television!

Bad acting in 80's tv? That could be said even today.

Bad acting in 80's tv? That could be said even today.

A different kind of bad...there is a certain stilted kind of bad acting that I don't see often anymore.

Again I loved her performance so not jumping on that bandwagon haha!

• Like 1

Finished Stranger Things.

The best season of television I have watched in years. In fact this could be my favourite TV show ever! If season 2 emerges and turns out to be woeful, I will always have this first season.

Reminded me so much of the 80's sci-fi adventure movies, and the younger cast reminded me strongly of Stand By Me. The adult cast was perfect, I don't care what anyone says...

In fact everything about this show hit all the right notes for me. I haven't a thing to complain about.

• Like 1

One of those episodes that makes me cry freely, CSI:NY, season 5 episode 22, "Yahrzeit" is on now....Mac Taylor finds out his father was one of the soldiers that helped free a prison camp[read DEATH CAMP] durring WW 2...."WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

I still have three episodes left to watch but I'm really enjoying Stranger Things. Certainly worth a watch even if you aren't nostalgic about everything from the 80s like I am.

I loved it! I've been very ill lately and it's been a big distraction (amongst other wonderful things in my life).