What about Seven Cities of Gold...

vital signz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jul 1 2012, 12:08 PM)
personally I think the main riff is among the best they've done in a long time.
it's nasty, dirty, filthy.. whatever you want to call it and I likes it!

I agree goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 12 2012, 12:00 PM)
I like my version much better.

Giant boobies of love, rubbing themselves on my genitalia.

Everybody sing!

Giant boobies of love...

The splendid meat bags on female mammalia.

Giant Boobies of love...

Bouncing in my dreams up and down so nicely.

Glitter in the sun -- brings me to my knees.

Jiggle like the ripples up atop the high seas!

QUOTE (BringOutYourDead @ Aug 13 2012, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Aug 12 2012, 12:00 PM)
I like my version much better.

Giant boobies of love, rubbing themselves on my genitalia.

Everybody sing!

Giant boobies of love...

The splendid meat bags on female mammalia.

Giant Boobies of love...

Bouncing in my dreams up and down so nicely.

Glitter in the sun -- brings me to my knees.

Jiggle like the ripples up atop the high seas!

biggrin.gif

Now these are rock lyrics.

Not all that pseudo-intellectual pap Neil pukes out every album.

Ouch. Some people have desecrated this recorded wickedness.

Too bad. Someone's not getting boobies, me thinks.

Kinda disgraceful actually, guys.

QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Aug 16 2012, 10:47 PM)
Ouch. Some people have desecrated this recorded wickedness.
Too bad. Someone's not getting boobies, me thinks.

These misfits are known as trolls( trenken) and are of no value in the RUSH universe. 2.gif

I mean, and sorry, but when an opined comment is accompanied by a sasquatch watching football on TV, I find it hard to make a critical connection between such critiques, humor and endeavour or hobby.

RUSH is not about football, and hardly the USA, which is fine.

I guess, and I am sorry, that I am a RUSH purist who takes his medicine and does not complain. Simple.

Sometimes it tastes icky at first, but it mends...unlike the remote controls...

7Cof Gold fkn rocks...it could've been release in 1978. I think the fact that they pumped it out here is phenomenal. But maybe I am a senior....lol

QUOTE (rushbabe @ Aug 13 2012, 03:12 AM)

I agree goodpost.gif

10-4 10-4

All those that CRANK this riff to ELEVEN.

A man could lose his...hearing in a song like this!!!!

One of my faves, easily. Not just from this album, but all time.

Kid Gloves, sorry, Analog Kid sorry, Natural Science...well sorry, La Villa? okok, you hold it, Countdown..umm ya, filler.

Afterimage...a different dawn. Stick it Out, kind of a tie (I love Stick it Out)

Anyway...this album is such a fkng accumulation of all these prior that I could meander and babble about the connections, similarities, improvements or departures...

Fact is: Clockwork Angels is the best album in a long, long time. 12 songs, not 7 not 8, not 10. Packed and punching, Geddy's vocals had me sh**ing when I first heard it.

(You know, those who love his screech/pitch/wail/hone/siren/commital)

QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Aug 16 2012, 11:00 PM)

I agree goodpost.gif

10-4 10-4

Kid Gloves, sorry, Analog Kid sorry, Natural Science...well sorry, La Villa? okok, you hold it, Countdown..umm ya, filler.

Afterimage...a different dawn. Stick it Out, kind of a tie (I love Stick it Out)

Anyway...this album is such a fkng accumulation of all these prior that I could meander and babble about the connections, similarities, improvements or departures...

Fact is: Clockwork Angels is the best album in a long, long time. 12 songs, not 7 not 8, not 10. Packed and punching, Geddy's vocals had me sh**ing when I first heard it.

ohmy.gif

I guess you like CA?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 17 2012, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Aug 16 2012, 11:00 PM)

I agree goodpost.gif

10-4 10-4

ohmy.gif

I guess you like CA?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's an all time great Rush song. It got an epic story like Xanadu, except more fun!!! Oh, and the music is epic as well. Lifeson's solo is so freaking amazing 1022.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 16 2012, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Aug 16 2012, 10:47 PM)
Ouch.  Some people have desecrated this recorded wickedness.
Too bad.  Someone's not getting boobies, me thinks.

These misfits are known as trolls( trenken) and are of no value in the RUSH universe. 2.gif

I don't agree with much of what these guys say, but they are entitled to their opinion and I think it's equally meanspirited to refer to them as "misfits with no value"

Just sayin.

Ok guitarist here so let me tell you why 7COG is medicore on a musical level. First, Geddy's riff in the beginning is pretty much just a standard funky riff in E...something he probably whipped up by warming up. The main riff in the song is slow plodding garage band basic. The solo is feedback noise...heck the solo in Wish Them Well is more creative. The chorus chord progression is A G E, which is heavy metal 101...any kid that's been hanging around a year at Guitar Center can play that. This song is extremely cliche and one of the worst on the album. Even worse it goes on for over 6 minutes.

I was trying to figure out what the chorus reminded me of and it's Spinal Taps Big Bottoms. If you doubt my opinion, put the lyrics to the chorus of Big Bottoms to 7COG and it fits.

I hope they leave this one off the tour because it's totally lame. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Aug 18 2012, 08:50 PM)
Ok guitarist here so let me tell you why 7COG is medicore on a musical level. First, Geddy's riff in the beginning is pretty much just a standard funky riff in E...something he probably whipped up by warming up. The main riff in the song is slow plodding garage band basic. The solo is feedback noise...heck the solo in Wish Them Well is more creative. The chorus chord progression is A G E, which is heavy metal 101...any kid that's been hanging around a year at Guitar Center can play that. This song is extremely cliche and one of the worst on the album. Even worse it goes on for over 6 minutes.

I was trying to figure out what the chorus reminded me of and it's Spinal Taps Big Bottoms. If you doubt my opinion, put the lyrics to the chorus of Big Bottoms to 7COG and it fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgCmzh5ao

I hope they leave this one off the tour because it's totally lame. 062802puke_prv.gif

Nice second post Homer, pull your head out of your ass bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 18 2012, 09:13 PM)
Ok guitarist here so let me tell you why 7COG is medicore on a musical level. First, Geddy's  riff in the beginning is pretty much just a standard funky riff in E...something he probably whipped up by warming up. The main riff in the song is slow plodding garage band basic. The solo is feedback noise...heck the solo in Wish Them Well is more creative. The chorus chord progression is A G E, which is heavy metal 101...any kid that's been hanging around a year at Guitar Center can play that. This song is extremely cliche and one of the worst on the album. Even worse it goes on for over 6 minutes.

Nice second post Homer, pull your head out of your ass bitchslap.gif

I "demand" that you change your name to candadianmean.

Mods???

Looks like you'll fit right in with some of the haters around here. eh.gif

Please turn in your Rush card. trink39.gif

Seven Cities of Gold is greatness!!!

7CoG would be the worst song off of Clockwork if it wasn't for BU2B2... Edited by DBJetsman

I think it ends up in the bottom half of my list because of a reason that so many have said before me... The album has so many good song that its hard to put an order to them. It is a good tune I have to say. It probably will get a better ranking after the live show. It has potential to grow...