Thoughts on the CLASSIC ROCK CA mag

Presto-digitation

I've not read too much about this here (ya tend to miss posts when folks are adding so many daily), but for the folks who have the fan pack, how are you enjoying the magazine. I got my pack the other day and really am impressed with the magazine...

trink39.gif

Great magazine! Long, in depth interviews. Very few adds. Wonderful pictures (some I'm sure the band would rather they didn't print). The key ring and posters were... eh. But the magazine, the deluxe packaging for the cd, and getting it before the release date made the fanpack worth every penny. Rather wish it counted toward the charts, though.

the best in depth magazine yet about the trio!! read cover to cover. Very easy read. Sometimes the british mags are a hard read for me. This one was very enjoyable.

Oh great pics also.

Honestly I haven't really cracked it yet. My buddy came over and saw it and he thumbed through it. It seems really cool, but because the album sounds the way it does I have been less than enthusiastic. I'm sure I'll feel differently once the tour starts.

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 27 2012, 06:03 PM)
the best in depth magazine yet about the trio!! read cover to cover. Very easy read. Sometimes the british mags are a hard read for me. This one was very enjoyable.

Oh great pics also.

I have been to every concert you show in your signature except for Largo and the upcoming SJ date.

Bad ju-ju putting that in there before it happens. Don't jinx it... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 28 2012, 02:50 AM)
Is it just me or would that angel holding the watch on the back cover been an incredible album cover? Eerie...atmospheric, etc.

Nope, it's not just you! I love the image too!

The Mag is great (haven't read all of it yet), very interesting stories and a lot of rare pictures. Worth every penny.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jun 28 2012, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 28 2012, 02:50 AM)
Is it just me or would that angel holding the watch on the back cover been an incredible album cover?  Eerie...atmospheric, etc.

Nope, it's not just you! I love the image too!

The Mag is great (haven't read all of it yet), very interesting stories and a lot of rare pictures. Worth every penny.

Great magazine, great issue. Pic of angel would be perfect as an album cover.

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 28 2012, 03:27 AM)
Classic Rock did a great job with this. To be expected, it is the best Rock magazine you can buy now days. Leave it to the brits to do music right.

It's incredible. I'm always stunned (and have been for years) at the price. It's hard to fathom regularly paying $12 + for a monthly mag...but I buy it on occasion for special features that I just can't pass up.

Regardless, though, it's the best out there....$12 or not.

I read it cover to cover....twice.

I really enjoyed all the interviews with Neil, Alex, and Geddy. You got great insight into every song on the record and the look back they did with various musicians and producers on their catalog was very cool.

A fantastic keep sake indeed.

Glad I got it, interesting read!!! The only thing was at the end when they reviewed their whole catalog, I wish someone would have put in a review of the new album to make it more cohesive?!?!

But a great add to my collection!

very glad i purchased it.

wish they did this for S & A.

HOPE they do it for next one!

One thing I thought was odd. In the Hugh Syme piece, he related how he had planned to do cardiac readings of the band as the album cover for Signals, but that fell through, and they ended up with the dog and fire hydrant. I could swear I've read that anecdote before, but that the cardiac readings were the original plan for Permanent Waves, not Signals. Anybody else remember that?

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 27 2012, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 27 2012, 06:03 PM)

Oh great pics also.

I have been to every concert you show in your signature except for Largo and the upcoming SJ date.

Bad ju-ju putting that in there before it happens. Don't jinx it... tongue.gif

Hi CygnusX-1Bk2

You said you have been to the same shows as me. Just wanted to ask Im looking for a ticket stub for the 3-28-90 show, its the only one Im missing. Just wondering if you had an extra??

Thanks

Robert

I plan on diving into it when I have more time this weekend. From only thumbing through it so far, I can tell it's going to be a great read!

BTW, is the regular issue of classic rock with Rush on the cover (july issue) on bookstands yet? I was at Barnes & Noble 2-3 weeks ago, and I think they still had the issue with Slash on the cover.