Anyone seen That's My Boy?

LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 16 2012, 09:46 PM)
I would never watch a sandler piece of shit. How he is successful baffles me to no end and diminishes any hope I have for the future of this country.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 17 2012, 11:58 AM)
It's actually his lowest opening weekend for a comedy since Happy Gilmore. The people have spoken...grow the f up Sandler!

He really needs to look more carefully at the scripts he is offered. He was very good in Spanglish and was halfway decent in Grownups. When he acts like a normal human being and not some cartoonish carictature of himself, he does much better.

I've seen a few TV commercials..looks pretty funny.

Sandler always comes up with some good one-liners!!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 17 2012, 01:20 PM)
It's actually his lowest opening weekend for a comedy since Happy Gilmore.  The people have spoken...grow the f up Sandler!

He really needs to look more carefully at the scripts he is offered. He was very good in Spanglish and was halfway decent in Grownups. When he acts like a normal human being and not some cartoonish carictature of himself, he does much better.

He likes money.

Honestly, Sandler would do a f***ing dildo commercial if he was offered enough cash for it.

His only good movie is Funny People.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 17 2012, 02:20 PM)
It's actually his lowest opening weekend for a comedy since Happy Gilmore.  The people have spoken...grow the f up Sandler!

He sucked in Grown Ups. Horrible movie BTW. He has a few comedy gems out there. ...and he actually does alright in a serious role, see Punch Drunk Love

Wow. A lot of anti-Sandler peeps here...

I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy some of his films. They are a nice departure from the same old crap that is put out there. I thought Grown-ups was funny as hell. I loved Happy Gilmore and can quote a lot of that movie. 50 first dates was a great film. I think he just enjoys making comedies and having fun with his cast and crew. Some of his films were pretty lame, I admit. But, the occasional gem here and there is worth it.

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 19 2012, 02:12 PM)

I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy some of his films. They are a nice departure from the same old crap that is put out there. I thought Grown-ups was funny as hell. I loved Happy Gilmore and can quote a lot of that movie. 50 first dates was a great film. I think he just enjoys making comedies and having fun with his cast and crew. Some of his films were pretty lame, I admit. But, the occasional gem here and there is worth it.

I agree. I'll watch Happy Gilmore every time it's on and happen to flip by. Same with 50 First Dates. But That's My Boy just has a stink to it. It's not going to be good imo.

Edited by hunter

I still think that people like happy gilmore because of nostalgia

same reason people who grew up in the 90s will tell you that encino man and coneheads are great films and that clarissa explains it all was a great television show

nostalgia screws us all

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 16 2012, 09:46 PM)
I would never watch a sandler piece of shit. How he is successful baffles me to no end and diminishes any hope I have for the future of this country.

You nailed it! I've never understood his popularity. confused13.gif

Rate from 0 - 5 stars:

0 stars - That's My Boy (have not seen it, just based on my gut)

0 stars - 2011 Jack and Jill

2 stars - 2011 Just Go with It

1.5 stars - 2010 Grown Ups

2 stars - 2009 Funny People

3.5 stars - 2008 Bedtime Stories

.5 stars - 2008 You Don't Mess with the Zohan

1 star - 2007 I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

3 stars - 2007 Reign Over Me

1 star - 2006 Click

1.5 stars - 2005 The Longest Yard

2.5 stars - 2004 Spanglish

3 stars - 2004 50 First Dates

1.5 stars - 2003 Anger Management

1 star - 2002 Mr. Deeds

2.5 stars - 2002 Punch-Drunk Love

0 stars - 2000 Little Nicky

1 stars - 1999 Big Daddy

2.5 stars - 1998 The Waterboy

3 stars - 1998 The Wedding Singer

2 stars - 1996 Bulletproof

3.5 stars - 1996 Happy Gilmore

3 stars - 1995 Billy Madison

2 stars - 1994 Airheads

It really is sad when you see them listed like that.

I do like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and Punch-Drunk Love though. That's it, and Punch-Drunk Love is the only one of those that I'd actually call a good film.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 16 2012, 10:46 PM)

Yeah you guys are screwed.

and anyone defending Sandler three words for you

JACK AND JILL 062802puke_prv.gif

I have no idea why Al Pacino was in that new movie and in his new piece of shit he's trying to bring down Andy Samberg with him

Edited by jesse2112

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 20 2012, 10:32 AM)
It really is sad when you see them listed like that.

I do like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, and Punch-Drunk Love though. That's it, and Punch-Drunk Love is the only one of those that I'd actually call a good film.

yes.gif

and I did like Bedtime Stories quite a bit....

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 19 2012, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 19 2012, 02:12 PM)

I agree. I'll watch Happy Gilmore every time it's on and happen to flip by. Same with 50 First Dates. But That's My Boy just has a stink to it. It's not going to be good imo.

Yea, I won't be seeing it either. If I happen to be channel surfing and it's on, I might give it 30 seconds (tops) to change my mind. This one does not look good at all.

what we really need is an "Intelligent QUALITY Comedy Movies" thread...

Remember Seinfeld? I watched the episode "The Shower Head" recently, and the dialogue between Jerry and Uncle Leo was genius. There were two or three parts that made me laugh aloud and that's hard for TV shows / Movies to do...

it was so much f***ing better than today's pathetic comedic jews who just go for shock like Adam S does in this film (judging by reviews) and that one Sasha Cohen guy (who does shit to non-actors, he commits crimes in his 2 films and is regarded highly as genius? can't expect much more from people I guess)...