CA projected to sell 85K - 95K 1st week

zappafrank

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 15 2012, 10:29 PM)
She has earned her level of success if she works hard and has talent, but then you should flip the coin and look at Rush. They've got plenty of talent and have been busting their asses for 40 years. Both of them I respect, but I feel Rush deserves more sales for the time put into and massive volume of their work.

Deserves is a silly word. Rush decides to focus on being strong musicians and have made a great career out of something so many people dont like. What they've accomplished is unusual and plenty enough for them.

But they arent superstars. Superstars with actual song writing ability and talent dont come along that often. Justin Bieber is a cute kid that many girls love and is a very good singer, but he's not a real artist. He doesnt write his own songs. Adele does, and her blues influences are whats really made her stand out among all the other crap out there. Her vocal melodies are very blues influences, on top of very likable chord progressions and music, which is not something many have done lately.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god. I cannot believe the Adele vs. Rush argument.

Who cares if she sells more albums? I'm just happy to see Clockwork Angels out of the gate so quickly.

Roadrunner did a damn good marketing job with a damn good album.

Edited by Mara

Damn guys? Why the hell does it matter? Adele is a great natural talent who put in the work, ignored the naysayers, and achieved fantastic success. You can't deny that. If you don't like her music, that's a different thing altogether, but it seems like some of you are lumping her in with the talentless whores like Katy Perry, which is just wrong.

As for whether Rush "deserves" more sales? They don't "deserve" anything. They worked hard to be where they are and they're all damn proud of what they accomplished. So what if they never got #1 albums, or chart topping singles with huge crossover success? They did what they wanted to do, without compromise, no matter what was popular at the time and we wouldn't want it any other way.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Jun 15 2012, 10:42 PM)
Damn guys? Why the hell does it matter? Adele is a great natural talent who put in the work, ignored the naysayers, and achieved fantastic success. You can't deny that. If you don't like her music, that's a different thing altogether, but it seems like some of you are lumping her in with the talentless whores like Katy Perry, which is just wrong.

As for whether Rush "deserves" more sales? They don't "deserve" anything. They worked hard to be where they are and they're all damn proud of what they accomplished. So what if they never got #1 albums, or chart topping singles with huge crossover success? They did what they wanted to do, without compromise, no matter what was popular at the time and we wouldn't want it any other way.

Well said! goodpost.gif

I can't understand how people can be so senseless and bash Adele. I have the utter most respect for her and if any contemporary artist/band is going to sell that many records today, I'd want it to be her. The first time I heard that woman sing, I actually felt a sense of hope for the future in the pop world. She truly is a gifted artist.

I love Clockwork Angels more than anything Adele has done, and while it would be great for Rush to sell many more albums, they're achieving quite a feat for a 40+ year old band releasing a new album with that many projected sales in this music environment. It's not really a big deal. The music is great and that's all that matters.

I like Adele. Those that are trashing her have no idea who she is or how talented she is. You are acting just like the rock critics back in the 70s acted towards Rush.

Get a clue.

QUOTE (satyr @ Jun 15 2012, 11:10 PM)
who the f@#* is adele???

Never heard of her myself until this thread.

Anyways, congratulations to Rush on still being able to pull off what are respectable album sales in today's music climate. Especially for an album that's gotten zero radio/video support, to still be able sell in the 100k range within it's first few weeks is pretty good.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 15 2012, 09:27 PM)
She... is not attractive at all...

I disagree with this part of your post. I think she's a cutie, and has sex appeal. She's got something.

I hold no ill -will towards Adele, even though I am not familiar with her music although I do know who she is. And I know where trenken was going with his post, but Rush fans are pretty passionate about them so saying that Adele sold more on one album to Rush's entire catalog would be an apples to orange comparison to Rush fans. But that doesn't require the lashback on Adele for doing so, or that her type of music that is 180 degrees from Rush. I like Kanye and Jay-Z too, so what't the big deal?

I guess it's the age old argument: alot of people won't like Adele just as a lot of people won't like Rush.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jun 16 2012, 07:40 AM)
Adele can sing, Great voice, and I love that hit song, I have no idea what its called but it's the one about getting over a broken Heart. Reading my post, it makes me look like a Pussy.

Rolling in the Deep, I think.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 16 2012, 02:28 PM)
Rolling in the Deep is a fantastic song. Everyone trashing Adele should have a listen to that one...actually I think you'd have to live in a cave not to have heard it

Looks like I live in a cave then... wacko.gif

Well, i'm from the UK, and cannot stand Adele. Maybe it's because I hear her stuff too often, but it is too whiny and dreary for me.

Yes, she has talent, but her music will not last as long as some of the all time greats.