19 members have voted

1. 1. A Poll is a choice, 1 entry is not a choice

• A Poll is a choice, 1 entry is not a choice

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 14 2012, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 14 2012, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:43 PM)
WTF is this? Are you seriously suggesting that these two lines from Neil are ripped off from the bible and contorted to be blasphemous?

Really?

Man... wait until you see the 2112 cover, you're going to have a field day with that one!

Might be, might not be.

Seems satirical to me, and we all know Neil's one of the proudest atheists out there.

as he should be

Agnostic wink.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 14 2012, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 14 2012, 03:44 PM)
We done run out of things to talk about, haven't we?

Well,

I know a great place that serves Philly Cheese steaks. tongue.gif

Let's go!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 14 2012, 03:44 PM)
I have no doubt that Neil know the Bible better than most Bible-thumping Christians out there. He reads EVERYTHING. And it seems to me that he lives his life in a more Christ-like fashion (I mean, Wish Them Well, meaning "love your enemies" in a large sense!) than the religious hypocrites of Christianity, Islam and Judaism who are killing each other all over the world and have been for thousands of years over religion!

Sounds like it's almost as if Neil is a prophet to you.

Have you ever took part in any kind violence or conflict? Something you yourself consider immoral?

hockey.gif

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 14 2012, 06:57 PM)
I have no doubt that Neil know the Bible better than most Bible-thumping Christians out there. He reads EVERYTHING. And it seems to me that he lives his life in a more Christ-like fashion (I mean, Wish Them Well, meaning "love your enemies" in a large sense!) than the religious hypocrites of Christianity, Islam and Judaism who are killing each other all over the world and have been for thousands of years over religion!

Have you ever took part in any kind violence or conflict? Something you yourself consider immoral?

hockey.gif

The year is 2012...

December 21 is fast approaching...

Neil could be the anti-Christ...

Whoops, I mean the Anarchist...

Where's my clockwork detonator? waffen093.gif

tongue.gif

This thread isn't serious, right?

If so...

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wpum1h.jpg

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 14 2012, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 14 2012, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 14 2012, 03:44 PM)
We done run out of things to talk about, haven't we?

Well,

I know a great place that serves Philly Cheese steaks. tongue.gif

Let's go!

There are a few great places here in Anchorage. I feel like I am back east when I eat one. biggrin.gif

Alrighty, here I go...I'm a very proud Christian of the Catholic Faith. I love RUSH; I use the term "Free Will" very often; and I love "Faithless" and "BU2B".

For those who are agnostic and/or athiest, that's their own lives to live.

Whether you believe or not, the right thing to do is just be a good person...love one another...or at least try to keep the peace.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 14 2012, 05:11 PM)

hockey.gif

The year is 2012...

December 21 is fast approaching...

Neil could be the anti-Christ...

Whoops, I mean the Anarchist...

Where's my clockwork detonator? waffen093.gif

tongue.gif

This thread isn't serious, right?

If so...

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wpum1h.jpg

I don't think so. All the definitions are in the right places.

hockey.gif

QUOTE (Saint NIck @ Jun 14 2012, 04:25 PM)
Alrighty, here I go...I'm a very proud Christian of the Catholic Faith. I love RUSH; I use the term "Free Will" very often; and I love "Faithless" and "BU2B".
Whether you believe or not, the right thing to do is just be a good person...love one another...or at least try to keep the peace.

Yep,

Treat others with respect and try and be the best person you can be. We will all learn the truth on that final day. biggrin.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 14 2012, 06:33 PM)

And never, never, never resist evil. That's just crazy. Just go along to get along and hope you're the last one that the crocodiles will eat. You'll last longer if you feed others to the crocodiles, just sayin'.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 14 2012, 05:41 PM)

And never, never, never resist evil. That's just crazy. Just go along to get along and hope you're the last one that the crocodiles will eat. You'll last longer if you feed others to the crocodiles, just sayin'.

I don't think that's what he is saying. I think he is speaking in general terms. Like every day life with out the evil aspect. Myself, it's a fine balance when it comes to respect, evil and every day life. I can get along with just about any one. But if some piece of sh** comes fu***** around my place and threatens me or my loved ones. Win or lose, It's not going to be pretty. wink.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 14 2012, 03:36 PM)
The Bible

3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
3:6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

Neil Peart

3:5 Lean not upon your own understanding
    Ignorance is well and truly blessed
3:6 Trust in perfect love, and perfect planning
Everything will turn out for the best

This is what I think of this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IjBi1eEaAA

We've had no rain in several days (Hasa Diga Eebowai!)

And eighty percent of us have AIDS (Hasa Diga Eebowai!)

Many young girls here get circumcised

Their clits get cut right off (Way oh!)

And so we say up to the sky

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

(and I'm a very spiritual person)

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 14 2012, 07:51 PM)

I don't think that's what he is saying. I think he is speaking in general terms. Like every day life with out the evil aspect. Myself, it's a fine balance when it comes to respect, evil and every day life. I can get along with just about any one. But if some piece of sh** comes fu***** around my place and threatens me or my loved ones. Win or lose, It's not going to be pretty. wink.gif 2.gif

Uh, no. That's what I was saying. And exactly how can you have everyday life without the evil aspect?

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 14 2012, 08:00 PM)
I'm pretty sure this is what NP was talking about...

http://www.suomalaiset.de/kuveja/doubledouble.jpg

I'm pretty shure that this was a vauge reference he used to make a point-joke.

Edited by Weakly Criminal

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 14 2012, 09:27 PM)

Uh, no. That's what I was saying. And exactly how can you have everyday life without the evil aspect?

The point is... God is in the details.

Don't ask why that shake tastes so damn good. It just does.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 14 2012, 06:27 PM)

My point was,

At least in my world. Evil isn't surrounding me with a bunch of rabid dogs/ people out to do evil things. Not at this point in time. Sure it exists every where. But until it truly bites me in the face. Then ok. wink.gif

QUOTE (Saint NIck @ Jun 14 2012, 07:25 PM)

653.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif goodpost.gif common001.gif

hockey.gif

Not a prophet of any kind. And no, I have not been violent in a long time. And if I was, it was apologized for and resolved and learned from. Not justified or excused.

Nor done anything immoral for a long time. Again, when so I was my greatest critic and strongest self-punisher. Not the church or any organized religion. And I learned to forgive myself and learn from it.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 14 2012, 08:36 PM)

hockey.gif

Not a prophet of any kind. And no, I have not been violent in a long time. And if I was, it was apologized for and resolved and learned from. Not justified or excused.

Nor done anything immoral for a long time. Again, when so I was my greatest critic and strongest self-punisher. Not the church or any organized religion. And I learned to forgive myself and learn from it.

Cool, so you realize people will make mistakes and have different ways of making a recovery.

Neil is no better or worse than you, I, or those "hypocritical" Christians. Live and let live.

Why is this a thread?

That was before bad TV channels were a thing and the forum was a playground for you and your sibling.

• Like 2