3:6 in all your ways submit to him,

and he will make your paths straight.

Neil Peart

3:5 Lean not upon your own understanding

Ignorance is well and truly blessed

3:6 Trust in perfect love, and perfect planning

Everything will turn out for the best

Edited by Ovningskora

WTF is this? Are you seriously suggesting that these two lines from Neil are ripped off from the bible and contorted to be blasphemous?

Really?

Man... wait until you see the 2112 cover, you're going to have a field day with that one!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:43 PM)
WTF is this? Are you seriously suggesting that these two lines from Neil are ripped off from the bible and contorted to be blasphemous?

Really?

Man... wait until you see the 2112 cover, you're going to have a field day with that one!

Might be, might not be.

Seems satirical to me, and we all know Neil's one of the proudest atheists out there.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 14 2012, 04:45 PM)

Really?

Might be, might not be.

Seems satirical to me, and we all know Neil's one of the proudest atheists out there.

I bet Neil reads everything from the Koran down the Swank Magazine and sponges up interesting little ways to describe things, or nuggets of wisdom from all over the place...

"Lean not on your own understanding" could have come from anywhere, possibly the bible, but to suggest he purposely took those and contorted them... that's really loony dude.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 14 2012, 04:45 PM)

Really?

Might be, might not be.

I bet Neil reads everything from the Koran down the Swank Magazine and sponges up interesting little ways to describe things, or nuggets of wisdom from all over the place...

"Lean not on your own understanding" could have come from anywhere, possibly the bible, but to suggest he purposely took those and contorted them... that's really loony dude.

There's more correlations than that. I didn't notice this until a friend pointed out, and he's far from loony - a scholarly athlete!

hockey.gif

Trust me, I am impressed that you or your friend "noticed" the similarity. I am far from religious but the bible does make a good scholarly read.

Nobody cried blasphemy if he borrowed a cool phrase from Shakespeare. If he "did" take this from the bible, you folks should maybe be proud that he did. Or something...

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jun 14 2012, 03:52 PM)
Lean not upon the handle of the suitcase with the collapsible grip as it makes you look like a tw** at the airport when it folds beneath thee!
Travel tips brought to you direct from Caledonia!

trink39.gif

rofl3.gif

This happened to you, didnt it?

Edited by trenken

In before the move to SOCN. Or the lock. Could be either.

*Not sure of what a "blashpemy" is, either. Maybe it's what comes out when you try to say "blasphemy" with a mouthful of cheeseburger.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:51 PM)
Nobody cried blasphemy if he borrowed a cool phrase from Shakespeare.

Since there's no such thing as Shakespearnism, of course no one will get upset.

QUOTE (GodEater2112)
If he "did" take this from the bible, you folks should maybe be proud that he did.  Or something...

Unless it's perceived as mocking, of course.

hockey.gif

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jun 14 2012, 04:52 PM)
Lean not upon the handle of the suitcase with the collapsible grip as it makes you look like a tw** at the airport when it folds beneath thee!

trink39.gif

Haha! I like your sense of humour friend, I'd bet if we ever got together for a pint we'd probably really hit it off.

1022.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 14 2012, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jun 14 2012, 03:52 PM)

trink39.gif

rofl3.gif

This happened to you, didnt it?

I cannot tell a lie!

wink.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 14 2012, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Jun 14 2012, 04:52 PM)

trink39.gif

Haha! I like your sense of humour friend, I'd bet if we ever got together for a pint we'd probably really hit it off.

1022.gif

Do you think? Maybe we should try it...just once though!

Neil has always borrowed ideas from other places. Hell, practically all of Xanadu was someone else's work.

I dont really have a problem with him jacking some lines or ideas from the bible. Im used to it with him. I actually stumble on Rush lyrics sometimes while reading, things he didnt even give credit to, so its just something he does and has always done.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 14 2012, 04:56 PM)
Neil has always borrowed ideas from other places. Hell, practically all of Xanadu was someone else's work.

I dont really have a problem with him jacking some lines or ideas from the bible. Im used to it with him. I actually stumble on Rush lyrics sometimes while reading, things he didnt even give credit to, so its just something he does and has always done.

Yep...definitely true.

People make a big deal of him borrowing lines or ideas. To me as long as its changed around enough and not done too much in 1 song it doesnt bother me at all. Xanadu he went too far with it but he never did that again after that.