07 - Best Song From Permanent Waves

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

My personal favorite is Natural Science, but I chose Spirit of Radio because I think it's the strongest overall song. All the sections of NS are great but SoR is more immediate and the guitar riff is amazing.

I was happy to see the results of the poll. So many fans like the slightly more obscure NS. Cool.

Natural Science.

Entre Nous, its just incredible. 2.gif yes.gif 1022.gif wub.gif

Hard to chose, but I went with Spirit of Radio. It seemed at once a declaration of principles, an honest reflection of music as a business, and stylistically a taught, radio friendly rocker that seems fresh and undated as though it was released last week as opposed to 28 years ago.

That was a tough one but I am in the minority again with The Different Strings. That song is IMMACULATE. I just wish it went on and on. The beauty of it is ethereal. Hearing things like that makes you wonder how can someone made of the same flesh and blood as you come up with something so magical.

I voted for The Spirit Of Radio for sentimental reasons...it was the first Rush song I ever heard. 1022.gif Entre Nous is right there though.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 28 2009, 02:22 PM)
NATURAL SCIENCE

This could almost be a tie, as FREEWILL is also a flawless track, and one of my all-time favourite Rush songs!

(are we the same person????) laugh.gif

...check the pinned 'Best Song' polls, ED - I'm finding (without looking at your posts 1st) that you and I are pretty much in 100% agreement across every album

that's a lot of songs!

(we'll just 'flip it' for PeW)

FREEWILL

This could almost be a tie, as NATURAL SCIENCE is also a flawless track, and one of my all-time favorite Rush songs!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 27 2009, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 28 2009, 02:22 PM)
NATURAL SCIENCE

This could almost be a tie, as FREEWILL is also a flawless track, and one of my all-time favourite Rush songs!

(are we the same person????) laugh.gif

...check the pinned 'Best Song' polls, ED - I'm finding (without looking at your posts 1st) that you and I are pretty much in 100% agreement across every album

that's a lot of songs!

(we'll just 'flip it' for PeW)

FREEWILL

This could almost be a tie, as NATURAL SCIENCE is also a flawless track, and one of my all-time favorite Rush songs!

I'm thinking me too, this album is tough to narrow down. i have natural science in my head, so will go with that, however the entire album rocks- love freewill, especially the instrumental middle.

candy store. can't pick.

ok i'll take the album.

when the ebbing tide retreats...

...but there are times for you and me when all such things agree.

kicked in the face, you can pray for a place, in heaven's unearthly escape.

Freewill! If I had to pick one song to show what Rush is all about it would be this one. All the boys going on all cylinders, just amazing. Not to mention the great lyrics by pratt.

I voted for natural science but I really love different strings.