07 - Best Song From Permanent Waves

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

I struggle to pick a favourite, as I love all these songs, but I am always very impressed by Natural Science as an album closer. So me picked I did!

I just can't decide! I have such fond memories of each! Oh but I always did relate Natural Science to bright spring days in biology class listening through my new Rush album on my iPad (mostly because I never got to finish it before the bell rang). The closer it is! (But if I could pick three more times...)

Super hard to pick. After I voted (Freewill) I read a bunch of posts and second-guessed my choice over and over. But since I can't decide, I'll stick with it. I love love love the instrumental break, followed by the "cell of awareness" bit. But I pretty much love every single song on this record.

I voted on this a long time ago and never made a post. Now I can't remember if I voted for Freewill or Natural Science. Hopefully the latter. I hope.

We can always change our votes—or does that option end after a while?

It´s a shame to only choose one song, but for me it has to be Natural Science. The sheer diversity of material is amazing. But Jacob´s Ladder is an extremely close second. I certainly hope to hear this song live one day, it´s one of my favourites!!

Damn, this is really tough for such a masterpiece of an album. I had to cast my vote for NS though because of its overall mastery level of sheer amazing-ness. Love the entire record though, and Different Strings and SOR are close 2nds.

As cool as it is to select a non mainstream song, it is clearly The Spirit of Radio, as the best song on this album. Freewill next. Edited by Red Sector B