Steven Wilson's Third Solo Album

ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 19 2012, 11:30 AM)
I've met and talked to Steven Wilson for more than ten times now and he's light-years away from being arrogant. He 's a very friendly "down to earth guy", just in love with what he does. Making good music with putting a lot of passion into it. PT will come back! As some of you like to say: Remember you've heard it here first!

goodpost.gif

I met him once and he was anything but arrogant. And I'm sure we'll see a new PT album. He would have announced that PT broke up if they did.

How did you get to meet him 10 times? Were they at meet and greats/after show signings or do you have connections?

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 19 2012, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 19 2012, 06:51 AM)
Lost the link to Luminol.  sad.gif

http://soundcloud.com/rola-eps/steven-wilson-at-luminol-stgo

The sound quality isn't too great but its the only one I could find.

Thank you.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 19 2012, 07:33 PM)
I've met and talked to Steven Wilson for more than ten times now and he's light-years away from being arrogant. He 's a very friendly "down to earth guy", just in love with what he does. Making good music with putting a lot of passion into it. PT will come back! As some of you like to say: Remember you've heard it here first!

goodpost.gif

I met him once and he was anything but arrogant. And I'm sure we'll see a new PT album. He would have announced that PT broke up if they did.

How did you get to meet him 10 times? Were they at meet and greats/after show signings or do you have connections?

I wonder if Gavin will have moved on to bigger better things?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 20 2012, 12:33 AM)

goodpost.gif

First time I met him was in 2000 at the "Burg Herzberg Hippie Festival". PT played from 2.15 at night 'til 4.15 in the morning. Good times. We (a dear friend and me) usually met Steven after the shows. Last time we talked for hours whilst listening to *Rush*, from my car speakers (The car was parked 10 meters from the tour bus). It's almost always a little after show party with a few good people around.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 19 2012, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 20 2012, 12:33 AM)

goodpost.gif

First time I met him was in 2000 at the "Burg Herzberg Hippie Festival". PT played from 2.15 at night 'til 4.15 in the morning. Good times. We (a dear friend and me) usually met Steven after the shows. Last time we talked for hours whilst listening to *Rush*, from my car speakers (The car was parked 10 meters from the tour bus). It's almost always a little after show party with a few good people around.

Wow, cool story!

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 19 2012, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 19 2012, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 19 2012, 02:10 PM)
You know, I love PT but have not been able to get into his solo albums. I find them very boring. I have tried several listens. Maybe it is the wrong time of the year.

I am sort of like you. I have warmed a bit more to it, but I don't see the genius of it.

That's where I'm at too.

I have tried to like his solo stuff. I wanted to like his solo stuff. I do like a couple of songs (Harmony Korine for one).

But I just do not get the same experience as I do with Porcupine Tree. I don't know what else to say. I just don't find it as engaging.

Well put. I am glad that there are others out there. Maybe in time I will get it, but I don't think so. I do like what he does usually.

There's an article going around saying that PT broke up but Steven Wilson posted this on twitter, "There's no concrete plans regarding PT right now, but that doesn't mean anything melodramatic like the band broke up!" He also said that he may play some early PT stuff from when they were a one-man band during the solo tour.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 23 2012, 08:40 PM)
There's an article going around saying that PT broke up but Steven Wilson posted this on twitter, "There's no concrete plans regarding PT right now, but that doesn't mean anything melodramatic like the band broke up!" He also said that he may play some early PT stuff from when they were a one-man band during the solo tour.

That quote by Steven has been going around the internet for a while now and I thought most people knew by now that Steven alluded to PT NOT splitting up. He assured in a post afterwards that when PT starts working on a new album, he'll let everyone know as soon as possible. I'm guessing if they're playing songs from the early days of Porcupine Tree, then we could expect at least something from OTSOL through UTD or TSMS. I wonder if that includes early day PT songs that were never recorded or unreleased.

Either I am not very critical of what I like, or I'm a fanboy, because anything with the Steven Wilson name for me assures me it is high-quality, so be it Porcupine Tree or SW solo, I'm glad we're getting something from one of the coolest and laid-back dudes in the music scene right now. This guy is just a cool dude who happens to make adventurous and beautiful music that I really love. 1022.gif

That said, it'd suck to see PT break up but I highly doubt they did.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jul 23 2012, 11:04 PM)
Either I am not very critical of what I like, or I'm a fanboy, because anything with the Steven Wilson name for me assures me it is high-quality, so be it Porcupine Tree or SW solo, I'm glad we're getting something from one of the coolest and laid-back dudes in the music scene right now. This guy is just a cool dude who happens to make adventurous and beautiful music that I really love. 1022.gif

That said, it'd suck to see PT break up but I highly doubt they did.

This is basically my view of him. He can go to PT again, make another solo album, I don't mind either.

RT @StevenWilsonHQ: There's no concrete plans regarding PT right now, but that doesn't mean anything melodramatic like the band broke up!

8:45am Fri Jul 27 via web

SW is a true artist. The world needs more people like him creating.

I love PT, I love his solo stuff, I love Bass Communion, I loved IEM...this man has given me more music than maybe any other band.

I will be in Los Angeles starting the recording of the follow up to Grace for Drowning, this time with my live band, which now includes latest addition, guitarist extraordinaire Guthrie Govan. The legendary Alan Parsons will be overseeing the recording process, and Lasse will also be there to film us at work on the album - we'll be bringing you exclusive video footage via the official Steven Wilson YouTube channel once things are underway.

Great news about the studio footage. I'm not familiar with Guthrie Govan (heard the name, not the music) and I'm not sure if he's going to be a live member, just a studio member, or if he's replacing Niko Tsonev all-together. Honestly I'm not that crazy about having another guitarist play on the album. There were a lot of moments live when SW didn't play guitar so I hope he's not just going to focus on writing and singing.

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TheRavenThatRefusedToSing_Medium.jpg

The new album by Steven Wilson and band “The Raven that Refused to Sing (and other stories)” will be released on Kscope on 25th February. The album was written between January-July and recorded in Los Angeles in September with Steven’s current band line up of Guthrie Govan – lead guitar, Nick Beggs – bass guitar, Marco Minnemann – drums, Adam Holzman – keyboards, Theo Travis – saxophone / flute and engineered by legendary producer/engineer Alan Parsons.

The 6 tracks on the album are based on stories of the supernatural and the deluxe 4 disc edition comes in the form of a 128 page hardback book containing lyrics and ghost stories, illustrated by Hajo Mueller. There will also be stand alone double vinyl, CD and Blu-Ray editions. Pre-orders for the limited deluxe edition will start soon, while the tour to promote the album starts on 1st March in Europe, and will continue throughout the rest of the year visiting many other countries, with many dates yet to be announced.

Track listing:

1. Luminol (12.10)

2. Drive Home (7.37)

3. The Holy Drinker (10.13)

4. The Pin Drop (5.03)

5. The Watchmaker (11.43)

6. The Raven that Refused to Sing (7.57)

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/new-album-details/

:haz: :banana: :haz:

I think I'm going to ask for the deluxe edition for Christmas. The deluxe version of GFD is fantastic.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TheRavenThatRefusedToSing_Medium.jpg

The new album by Steven Wilson and band “The Raven that Refused to Sing (and other stories)” will be released on Kscope on 25th February. The album was written between January-July and recorded in Los Angeles in September with Steven’s current band line up of Guthrie Govan – lead guitar, Nick Beggs – bass guitar, Marco Minnemann – drums, Adam Holzman – keyboards, Theo Travis – saxophone / flute and engineered by legendary producer/engineer Alan Parsons.

The 6 tracks on the album are based on stories of the supernatural and the deluxe 4 disc edition comes in the form of a 128 page hardback book containing lyrics and ghost stories, illustrated by Hajo Mueller. There will also be stand alone double vinyl, CD and Blu-Ray editions. Pre-orders for the limited deluxe edition will start soon, while the tour to promote the album starts on 1st March in Europe, and will continue throughout the rest of the year visiting many other countries, with many dates yet to be announced.

Track listing:

1. Luminol (12.10)

2. Drive Home (7.37)

3. The Holy Drinker (10.13)

4. The Pin Drop (5.03)

5. The Watchmaker (11.43)

6. The Raven that Refused to Sing (7.57)

http://stevenwilsonh...-album-details/

:haz: :banana: :haz:

I think I'm going to ask for the deluxe edition for Christmas. The deluxe version of GFD is fantastic.

:haz: :AlienSmiley:

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Aww, yeah! I'm definitely gonna go for the deluxe edition for this because this is just too good to pass on. I'm actually really interested in what the ghost stories are like, cause that kind of stuff fascinates me. The description says there's 4 discs, and since it's a given that 2 of the discs are the CD and the BluRay, I wonder what the other 2 discs contain....an instrumental version of the tracks and demos?

The description says there's 4 discs, and since it's a given that 2 of the discs are the CD and the BluRay, I wonder what the other 2 discs contain....an instrumental version of the tracks and demos?

Maybe some more live stuff or better yet, a making of DVD.

https://www.burnings...61/remove/4457/

It's finally available to pre-order. The deluxe edition's got the album on CD, DVD-V, and BluRay. The other CD's the demos plus an unused idea for a song called Clock Song. Not as expensive as the GFD Deluxe Edition, but the shipping's still expensive for the US cause it's insured. Unfortunately, the US won't be getting an option to pre-order from Newbury Comics like what happened for GFD, which means Burning Shed's the way to go this time around.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I really want this but with shipping its close to $100. I like the GFD deluxe edition but I'm not sure if this is worth it.

I was very hesitant on this one, I waited a few hours to see if Steven updated on possibly making it available at Newbury Comics, but I ended up taking the plunge and pre-ordered it a few minutes ago. However, on second thought, I'm having somewhat of a buyer's remorse over it. I recalled that shipping was $10 for the GFD deluxe edition via Newbury and that costed $90. This cost $65 and if he were to make it available to pre-order via Newbury, I would've paid $75 instead of close to $100. I could always cancel my order, but I'm not going to do that unless he manages to get a deal with Newbury. On the other hand, it's probably going to be worth my money, and if it's like the GFD deluxe edition, I'm happy.

Edited by PolarizeMe